Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Xperia ray Official Thread

Previous  123 ... 111213 ... 585960  Next
Author Xperia ray Official Thread
Aeronautico
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-08-19 00:28
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
this video is impressive in every way in my opinion!

this video is way too impressive... and that's my opinion!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-08-19 00:46
Has anyone seen any image samples yet??
Phone?? What phone??
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-08-19 14:34
Couldn't do a video/cam test since this was a demo unit...but one of my main concern was the ease of one-handed operation. I'm quite fond of my X10 Mini Pro, and the interface of the Mini/Mini Pro line... but the screen and thinness of the ray is hard to ignore. It's quite responsive, I hope they release it soon! The aluminum frame feels really nice too! I was hoping the rear cover would've been aluminum too, then again it might cause reception issues.

My first hands-on with the xperia ray testing one-handed operation
bronxdude
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2011-08-19 18:09

On 2011-08-19 14:34:02, jplacson wrote:
Couldn't do a video/cam test since this was a demo unit...but one of my main concern was the ease of one-handed operation. I'm quite fond of my X10 Mini Pro, and the interface of the Mini/Mini Pro line... but the screen and thinness of the ray is hard to ignore. It's quite responsive, I hope they release it soon! The aluminum frame feels really nice too! I was hoping the rear cover would've been aluminum too, then again it might cause reception issues.

My first hands-on with the xperia ray testing one-handed operation

jplacson - is that in jump megamall?
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-08-19 18:16
Yes it is. Ironically, the Sony Ericsson Concept Store right across it doesn't have it.
amardeep
Sony Xperia SX
PM
Posted: 2011-08-19 18:30
Given the small-ish screen size, is the qwerty keyboard usable in portrait mode, or best left for landscape ?
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-08-19 18:42
It's actually usable in both, I prefer it in portrait mode since landscape leaves you with a ticker tape sized screen.

If you've ever used the X8, it's pretty close to using that.

I, however, prefer the T9/multitap on a screen this small. It may take some getting used to but in the end, I feel it's much more efficient. Since I got used to using my X10 MP when closed, the T9 and multitap of the xperia ray feels WAAAAAY better.
amardeep
Sony Xperia SX
PM
Posted: 2011-08-19 23:17
Thanks for the info !
bronxdude
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2011-08-20 06:53

On 2011-08-19 18:16:04, jplacson wrote:
Yes it is. Ironically, the Sony Ericsson Concept Store right across it doesn't have it.

that's a pity. ' s concept stores here are crappy.

i was there last night, but didnt check out jump. will try to go there next weekend

how's the screen quality?
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-08-20 07:43
Screen quality is excellent indoors. I can't vouch for direct "Philippine" sunlight. Very close to iPhone 4 quality, although I wasn't able to do a side by side at max brightness, I'm guessing the iPhone 4 still has a brighter screen.
arcmhyke
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2011-08-20 08:38

On 2011-08-20 07:43:36, jplacson wrote:
Screen quality is excellent indoors. I can't vouch for direct "Philippine" sunlight. Very close to iPhone 4 quality, although I wasn't able to do a side by side at max brightness, I'm guessing the iPhone 4 still has a brighter screen.

SE said Ray is 20~25% Brighter than Arc, IMO ARC is already Bright for me @ 100%, I reduced it to 75% brightness, just to conserve battery.

So if SE is telling the truth, then this is great news, and might be competing against LG Optimus Black

PS: Xperia Ray in Japan is Advertised as a Ladies Phone with the Colors Pink/White and Gold, and Black is not available in Japan
[ This Message was edited by: mhyke on 2011-08-20 07:46 ]
Phone: Sony Xperia TX LT29i
Camera: Cyber-shot DSC QX10
Speaker: SRS BTV5 Wireless Speaker
Headset: MW1 Smart Wireless Headset pro | MH EX300AP
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-08-20 09:37
mhyke, I doubt the ray was meant to compete against the LG Black market segment simply due to the much smaller screen size [at 3.3" vs 4"] the LG Black seems targeted at the regular 4" segment, hence that would be the arc's turf.

The ray's screen is only slightly larger than the X8, albeit packing more than 2x the pixels.

Design-wise, the LG looks a lot like the iPhone. I was never a fan of the rounded corner designs... never liked it on the iPhone... certainly don't like it on the others. Some say the ray looks like the Nokia X6... maybe so... except the X6 is a Nokia , and it runs on Symbian (I was only a fan of UIQ, nothing else Symbian had remotely impressed me)

I can't wait for the ray to be available. I think all manufacturers should learn from Apple on how to announce products that are ready to be sold... not 1 year ahead. You waste so much potential sales on hype when you can't deliver within a month.
arcmhyke
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2011-08-20 10:36

On 2011-08-20 09:37:36, jplacson wrote:
mhyke, I doubt the ray was meant to compete against the LG Black market segment simply due to the much smaller screen size [at 3.3" vs 4"] the LG Black seems targeted at the regular 4" segment, hence that would be the arc's turf.

The ray's screen is only slightly larger than the X8, albeit packing more than 2x the pixels.

Design-wise, the LG looks a lot like the iPhone. I was never a fan of the rounded corner designs... never liked it on the iPhone... certainly don't like it on the others. Some say the ray looks like the Nokia X6... maybe so... except the X6 is a Nokia , and it runs on Symbian (I was only a fan of UIQ, nothing else Symbian had remotely impressed me)

I can't wait for the ray to be available. I think all manufacturers should learn from Apple on how to announce products that are ready to be sold... not 1 year ahead. You waste so much potential sales on hype when you can't deliver within a month.

Oops, i made a mistake, what i was saying, I think that Xperia Ray can compete in the Screen Brightness against LG Optimus Black, just in that department sorry...

Optimus Black have 700 NITS, while Xperia Arc have 394, and SE said it's 20-25% more brighter than Arc. lets wait for GSM arena's Preview/Review of their Xperia Ray

but yea, they are different in market, and LG/Samsung phones they all look the same to me
[ This Message was edited by: mhyke on 2011-08-20 09:41 ]
Phone: Sony Xperia TX LT29i
Camera: Cyber-shot DSC QX10
Speaker: SRS BTV5 Wireless Speaker
Headset: MW1 Smart Wireless Headset pro | MH EX300AP
rog
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2011-08-20 13:02

On 2011-08-19 00:28:13, Aeronautico wrote:
this video is impressive in every way in my opinion!

this video is way too impressive... and that's my opinion!

And the Americans never really where on the moon, right?
bronxdude
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2011-08-20 16:54
GSMArena's Ray PREVIEW

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_xperia_ray-review-618.php
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 111213 ... 585960  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic