Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Xperia Arc battery problem ?

Previous  12
Author Xperia Arc battery problem ?
PhoenixR
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-04-29 18:53
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
From what I know about Lithium batteries, over-charging them or even letting them discharge will damage them. That is why there is actual circuitry inside the battery to stop that from happening.
Also, once the battery reaches 100% you can check that the charger cools down = not charging.
So i don't think you can really overcharge if you leave it overnight.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-04-29 19:37
The term over charge is just not possible. Look at it this way,you can hardly charge a battery to over what it's power limit is can you?? If a battery over charged it would explode that is why it does stop charging even if still plugged in. I have always left my phones charging over night yet never had any issues.
Phone?? What phone??
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2011-04-29 21:39
then whats the point of leaving it over night if it doesn't do any good for you Bonovox?
P.S. i read that you are on a trip, so i am waiting for some nice pix from you in the Arc pictures topic
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-04-29 21:44
Will be travelling during the week for a few days yes. But I sent the Arc back as there were things I never liked about it ie build
Phone?? What phone??
Jkovacz
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-04-30 10:34

On 2011-04-29 21:44:33, Bonovox wrote:
Will be travelling during the week for a few days yes. But I sent the Arc back as there were things I never liked about it ie build

Good to see I'm not alone.
Sold mine after 8 days.
I'm not surprised Esato's review focussed so much on the camera. Cause, everything else about the phone is pure 'cheap'. It felt, from day one, second one, like a midrange overblown Samsung.
Yes, it is better than the X10, but what phone isn't?
Sony reaffirmed the fact that Android does not equal success.
Anyone holding up something 'modern' like the Arc to prove how obsolete Symbian and BB are - have a reality check.
The bubble will burst.
Android's fragmentation is driving quality down, in the same way Apple turned the smartphone definition into a toys R us farce. But even an iPhone will get you through a day, and you don't need to sellotape the battery cover in place.
kristianfn
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2011-04-30 11:42
I've had my Arc for three weeks now and I've also noticed the battery draining fast, but it's only sometimes. I think maybe the camera use is the key as mentioned earlier. A couple of days where I restarted and did not use the camera, the battery was at around 90% in the morning (charged late in the evening to 100%). After I used the camera for a bit and did the same thing, the battery was around 75% in the morning.

Although I tried to start and close the camera app a few times today and it seems the camera starts again faster if you close it by pressing home. If you use the back key it takes a bit longer to start up. Could it be that the camera uses some resources in the background if you close it with the home button so it can respond quicker?
If there's anyone that has this issue, please post whether you normally use the home or back button.

Despite the thing above, I'm happy with the battery so far. I usually charge at nights (last few days being the exception as I'm traveling) and when I start at 100% in the morning I've never gone below 50% when I go to bed. Even if I play,surf and talk quite a bit.

Yesterday I didn't charge it after waking up and left it going until the evening. So including the night it was on for about 24hrs. It was then at 35% at the end of the day, which I feel is pretty good.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi