Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Xperia neo & Xperia pro Official Thread

Previous  123 ... 212223 ... 434445  Next
Author Xperia neo & Xperia pro Official Thread
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-05-09 20:47
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hate Ebay
Phone?? What phone??
kaizerp900
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2011-05-09 22:26

On 2011-05-09 20:47:41, Bonovox wrote:
Hate Ebay

why?

As long as you do your research on the item / seller beforehand it's a no brainer when it comes to getting hold of the things you want / need.

The guy had thousands of great feedback , was delivered in 3 days from hong kong to UK with no import duty , can't say better than that.

Or you could just take a gamble with "simply electronics" but a quick google search of the name will have you running for the hills.
ojas
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2011-05-10 22:09
Neo review

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_xperia_neo-review-595.php

false_morel
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2011-05-11 00:53
GSMarena confirmed the inferiority of the Neo to the Arc in the camera department!!

And I really can't get it!
If they both feature the same 8MP sensor and the same optical system and driver, where is this difference coming from?!
And if the Neo shares all the features from the Arc why not the camera included?!

Really weird. And a show stopper of course! I really made my mind and was looking forward to get this phone the first day it hits Germany!!
Now, I'm all confused again..
Should I consider the Arc again or simply snatch a SGII?!! Well snatching a SGII is not that simple..
First, it's not released yet, should be this month though.. And secondly costs some bucks more!

Don't know really.. Maybe a good idea would be wait for the GSII and get both then return the disliked..
[ This Message was edited by: false_morel on 2011-05-10 23:54 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-05-11 00:59
Whaaaat???? False Morel getting an Android? Hell is going to freeze over.

Android Ice Cream is only coming in Q4 so you can buy a Neo and not miss out on much in the GSII , then get the GSII in December when its cheaper, Ice Cream is the one that will take advantage of the GSII's hardware.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
kaizerp900
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2011-05-11 07:42

Again only my personal opinion but having owned both the Arc & now the Neo I can not tell the difference between them in the camera department.

the only thing I did notice was that the neo seemed to take ever so slightly better indoor pics.
Ravanelli
Xperia Neo Black
PM
Posted: 2011-05-11 13:26

On 2011-05-11 07:42:12, kaizerp900 wrote:

Again only my personal opinion but having owned both the Arc & now the Neo I can not tell the difference between them in the camera department.

the only thing I did notice was that the neo seemed to take ever so slightly better indoor pics.

Really?? I don't have Arc
Btw can u post pictures taken with both of it???
Full auto on both phones.....at the same time.
TQ
kaizerp900
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2011-05-11 14:09

yeah can do but may have to try to recreate same scene with the neo as no longer have the arc so can't do side by side shots.

the Arc's indoor shots to me tended to be a bit fuzzy around the edges but on the neo i've not seen / noticed this at all.
false_morel
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2011-05-11 15:01

On 2011-05-11 00:59:26, Tsepz_GP wrote:
Whaaaat???? False Morel getting an Android? Hell is going to freeze over.

hehe.. Well, I'm still mourning Symbian you know.. I really had some hard time accepting what Elop went for..
And as I always said, it's not all about Symbian! But rather about the potential a Qt-based ecosystem embracing both Symbian and MeeGo would have brought!! A big loss really.. MeeGo is still being developed though, but now as the focus is all on WP, and with Symbian being washed out, the whole development process and the focus on Qt for mobile devices will diminish!!

Anyway, I'm still sticking to the N8.. I can't ditch the N8's camera right now.. Not an option even! And there should be two big upgrades to Symbian coming this month and in the fall respectively..
Still, I wanted to try one of the new Androids as future Nokia WP phones would not appeal or fit my needs.. At the moment, Android is the clear replacement of Symbian for any mobile geek out there.. Offering the best functionality between the remaining competitors..
And the Neo seemed the best deal considering its price tag and the features it's offering.. But this camera thingy is a show stopper really.. Would have to investigate this issue more though..

Android Ice Cream is only coming in Q4 so you can buy a Neo and not miss out on much in the GSII , then get the GSII in December when its cheaper, Ice Cream is the one that will take advantage of the GSII's hardware.

Well, yes, Google had some big news yesterday..
And Ice Cream coming Q4 this year is the biggest news yet! Really looking forward for this.
Ice Cream could very well be what MeeGo could have been! Ironically, could be that both will be released at the same time as well. That's not to mention that a MeeGo device with some decent imaging capabilities is very valid option to consider..

As to the GSII, you think if it meets enough success, and so far everything hints it will, it will go cheaper by end of this year?!! If anything, its price tag could rather go higher!
idumbakumar
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2011-05-11 17:00

On 2011-05-11 07:42:12, kaizerp900 wrote:

GSM Arena says that it hs average loud speaker performance...
ii really doubt on that.. how about the loudness.. in my opinion X10 is feeble!!
Same GSMarena says loudspeaker is good for ARC
@kaizer
please drop ur thoughts how about the loudness between Arc and Neo?? please i really need to decide.
both are on the louder side or average or feeble?
FYI i owned,W995,X10,X10min,DEFY,
kaizerp900
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2011-05-11 19:13

Well the review tests seem to suggest that the arcs loudspeaker is better (but only slightly) but again in my opinion the same ringtone I used to have on my arc sounds just as loud on the neo.

Put it this way I have not had a single missed call so far (due to not being able to hear the phone).

I think it's more because the arc curves inwards so the speaker has a slight gap to let the sound out if placed on a desk where as the neo curves outwards so the speaker kind of sits flat against a desk which muffles the sound slightly.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-05-12 00:10
False morel

Samsungs do keep their value very well, but i doubt the price will go up, especialy with the iPhone5 coming, add to that HTC, LG and Moto dual-cores, chances of SGII price going up are slim, Samsung are strong but not that strong, at this point i think the only company that can put up prices and still have steady growth is Apple.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
sranjanm2002
W995 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-05-14 04:38
This is what SE Android phone lacks which Galaxy has. Menu to make video call

http://st.gsmarena.com/vv/rev[....]review/sshots/gsmarena_013.jpg
I Cyber-shot
I
I Madonna
I
idumbakumar
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2011-05-14 06:29
ThTs bec sii has secondary camera.. probably neo may have tat option.
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2011-05-18 13:53
I am currently searching for a phone for my sister, and she would very much like the Xperia pro, it seems to have everything the Neo have plus a QWERTY keyboard.

How is video calling works on the phone? does it work like Apple's FaceTime or Skype? Wifi-calling only?
Is it unlock for T-mobile USA?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 212223 ... 434445  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic