Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2011-04-29 23:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
wont Nokia do a android phone at all?!

cos if they did I bet it would be the bomb

btw yeah Symbian has lost it nowafter owning several of those N's and E's phone
i would surely not ditch any phone for one to replace it again!
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Marly
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2011-04-30 02:33

On 2011-04-29 23:04:46, Miss UK wrote:

The way it looks now, they won't, and I think this is good, there are already so many companies producing Android phones, shopping for a new phone gets boring, with almost all new high-end phones running Android.
For the first time in years I didn't know months before, which phone to pick, when renewing my contract, so I have chosen sim-only for now .
Hope this fall (Xmas season ) will bring something new and interesting.

I also miss UIQ, my P990i had no problems and I've enjoyed using it, still have it btw.
"America: please don’t be a Dumpfkopf"
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2011-04-30 10:54
i would have loved seeing Satio and vivaz running the UIQ demo ui posted a long time ago on the web site as that would perfectly remind the world that Symbian is the true touchscreen innovator. one thing i miss about symbian is their extensive theme support which is gone with android
10 years at Esato
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-07-13 21:57

On 2011-04-29 23:04:46, Miss UK wrote:

cos if they did I bet it would be the bomb

btw yeah Symbian has lost it nowafter owning several of those N's and E's phone
i would surely not ditch any phone for one to replace it again!

I think if Windows 7 fails Nokia may join the Android wagon but they may be too late by then Saying this I have played with a live Nokia E6 recently with Symbian Anna & it's a great improvement & a nice handset with a stunning screen.
Phone?? What phone??
jj03
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2011-07-14 19:39
i hope windows fails...i loathe wp7. symbian was great for me...thanks for the memorys.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-07-14 19:53
I still have no issues with Symbian mainly the newer versions. It's perfectly usable to me. And newer versions it's not slow as people make out. I would love a Nokia E6
Phone?? What phone??
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2011-07-18 03:29
same here Marly I can upgrade myphone right now but even though those Galaxy S II's are right now they dont exactley do anything my curent phones does so Im awaiting just like you

Nokia seem to be doing similar phones that look alot like blackberrys,
ive never ad a blackberry but ive been told there boring but they look pretty nice

I would like if Nokia went away and made Simbian OS more Exciting that what it is
if they put a touch of Android into it I think it would do well for them

Android has grown very sucessful nd yes it around in your face alot but again
its enough to make Apple squirm abit
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-07-18 04:13
Symbian died for me when they killed off UIQ. UIQ was the only viable OS they had after the Psion days. The Series 40/60 stuff is just crap. S^3 has potential, but I feel it's too little too late. If they had just kept UIQ and developed it, instead of coming up with S^3, they might've been more successful.
jj03
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2011-07-20 04:30
@missuk, so what phone are you using now that does everything the gs2 does? just curious....
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-07-20 20:39
Nokia is planning new S40 phones with 512 ram & 1ghz processors. All very well but it's a dumb phone OS with no multi tasking
Phone?? What phone??
bl-gr-n
T280 Silver
PM
Posted: 2011-07-24 19:17
To me Nokias Support of Symbian sometimes seemed more like exploiting that OS.
I saying that as a former Symbian and SE Vivaz Pro user. If Nokia really wanted Symbian as universal phoneOS.
Why did they lock it down so hard for their own phones?

Still Nokia is developing the Symbian with Anna and Belle versions.
If Symbian where to die just because Nokia eventually drops it support for the OS, then there would not be any Linux or BSD OSes for PC either.

It's on the user it all depends, and of course those who still will create software for the Symbian phones.

I think their are millions of Symbian users and when Nokia (takes their dirty paws of the Symbian) I might get me a cheap Nokia phone, just for the fun of testing the Symbian
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-07-24 22:20
From what I have read & also played with I am liking the new Symbian Anna & Belle can only be even more exciting. I have no problem with Nokia at all I still think they are a decent brand whom are unique. They make stunningly designed handsets with premium materials especially some of their new handsets. But yes maybe the OS & software could be better but I do not see it as useless or unusable. I am looking at getting the X7 or E6 soon as my 2nd device. Nokia is functional,design,reliable,durable,great battery life etc. Android yeah is great but it's still a little messy at times imo. I hate the old Symbian 3 which was but I like the new fresh look & functionality. I did have the Nokia E5 last year & the web browser on it was really fast & the battery went on for 4 days.
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-07-24 21:20 ]
Phone?? What phone??
hibiskus
BlackBerry Z10
PM
Posted: 2011-07-24 22:54
@bono

Well reality is quite oposite. I know few mobile repair guys in Serbia, and they all agree that Nokia now is crap quality. Outside case is well designed and used good materials, but inside motherboard, microfon, flat cables, and rest of electronics is totally lame, and they all agree that Nokia is currently brand with most malfunctions especially 6700c, and C5
[ This Message was edited by: hibiskus on 2011-07-24 22:15 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-07-24 23:20
6700c?? My brother has had one of them as a spare for two years with not a single issue
Phone?? What phone??
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-07-25 00:31
If I had to get a Nokia it would be the N8, not the worst one out there
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi