Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Xperia arc discussion Thread

Previous  123 ... 313233 ... 261262263  Next
Author Xperia arc discussion Thread
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-01-18 12:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
That is very true where is the fun in turning everything off and your screen down to minimum brightness. It makes it all pointless then. One thing i do not see the point of is weather widgets. You just gotta look out the window to know the weather and they are not very accurate. Even updateted once my weather widget showed sunshine at 10pm and that was refreshed.
Phone?? What phone??
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-01-18 12:59
http://www.youtube.com/watch?[....]ff_-0g&feature=player_embedded
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-01-18 13:04
I LOVE THIS PHONE! I really love this phone!

Three years later SE lures me back. I'm definitely getting this without a shadow of doubt. Then I expect SE to give me my P1 successor later this year.

This phone is so perfect for me.

I love it!!!
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-01-18 13:05
the Time/weather widget i use is quite accurate, i live in Johannesburg and during summer (right now) we get a lot of rain, some days start off without a cloud in the sky and by 3pm there is a huge thunderstorm, other days begin with rain, overcast and cool, then by the afternoon its sunny and realy humid so the weather widget comes in handy.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
vegetaleb
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2011-01-18 14:07
I really want to return to SE world and this Arc is very attractive but:
-SE need to make it rootable
-When rooted XDA devs will produce custom roms
-Be ready for OS updates

So in other words the complete opposite in terms of software to x10, or I will stick to HTC
Prince Vegeta,prince of all sayans
Administrator in Dailymobile
apolloa
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2011-01-18 14:46
I haven't been on here for ages but I've kept my eye on the gadget world. And I have to say the Xperia Arc is making me come back!
My current iPhone 4 pales in comparison with the camera to the Arc, it's amazing and fast and I am yet to play with Android so this will be fun. But will it be too big? What do people think of a 4.2" screen size? Is it a trouser pocket buster!?!? The Arc was by far the best looking phone at CES and is more then fast enough to make you think why get a dual core model? It's a phone not a laptop.
Stunning design though, it REALLY makes all the other handsets at CES look plain and boring, well done SE your back onto a winner. And you can upgrade the memory!!! May sound small but having my iPhone trust me it's damn annoying not being able to increase your storage.
[ This Message was edited by: apolloa on 2011-01-18 13:54 ]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-01-18 14:54
The Xperia arc should feel like nothing in the pocket, it's really slim.
domipost
Hazel
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-01-18 14:59

On 2011-01-18 12:59:06, goldenface wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?[....]ff_-0g&feature=player_embedded

I don't care about the cam interface, but the video looks very good for one that's shot with a phone, so that's great

I used the phone for about half an hour too now (video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFBii7mVlDE ). It indeed feels like nothing in your pocket, so that's fine. I was a bit sad about the build though. It's cracking a bit (might be the proto....) and the plastic is really glossy and prone to fingerprints. On the other hand, the interface runs very smooth and the phone feels great in use. It's to thin for my taste to feel nice in the hand, but that's just me I guess. Had the same with for instance the Optimus Black and the iPhone 4 (though arc is the best of them in that aspect).

I had an Optimus 2X at the same time, and though first I thought the dual core is bullshit and only good for heavy games, it really does make a difference. The 2X feels a lot snappier than any phone i've ever seen. (and that's an archievement for an LG )
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-01-18 16:21
The contour of the phone might make it hard to detect in your back pocket so people will have to be careful before they sit down or the phone could fare very badly indeed.
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-18 16:59
I believe this one will replace my x10 come spring The camera ui seems almost perfect for my needs and I am sure picture quality will be more than decent
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-01-18 18:08
The camera interface is sooooo much better than the old x10. Stupid flash having to delve into the menu was crap I think the silver one would better for hiding finger prints but I too do not like phones too light or thin I sometimes had to check my inside jacket pocket when I had a Samsung Galaxy S it was too thin & light for my BIG hands That is why i am looking forward to my X10 White No finger prints
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-01-18 17:09 ]
Phone?? What phone??
apolloa
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2011-01-18 18:32
Thanks for the confirmation on it not being too big. I know I will have to suffer in the overall size next to my iPhone but you get a bigger screen. I think the next iPhone will be 4" plus anyway. And I still don't see the point in dual GPU and CPU cores, looking at the games the iPhone has now and the Arc has a better GPU then that! Anyway I guess I would have to play with one to know for sure.
But it will be nice to be able to change memory, change the battery, have a decent camera with adjustable settings and a configurable OS on a phone again..... Plus the games are getting better on Android, Black Pegasus will be out soon.
Ricke77
Sony Xperia Acro S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-01-18 19:51
The camera is really fast and thats great. I love the HDMI socket that let's you show the screen in HD on a TV-set. Gingerbread seems to do its work to. The best thing thou is the screen. Me with my Satio think its outstanding.
And it's got the look of a real sporty Mazerati if you ask me.
One question: Who puts a smartphone with a 4,2" screen in the back pocket?? Honestly?? I for shure don't...
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-01-18 20:29
Wow in that video have you noticed how fast the shutter speed is He took all them photos at speed
Phone?? What phone??
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2011-01-18 20:41
Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc to feature next-gen multi-touch?

Sony Ericsson might have performed something of a 180-degree turn with the forthcoming Xperia Arc going from no multi-touch on the X10 to 32-point multi-touch on the new device.

The possibility of such capabilities comes from the fact the Xperia Arc is apparently fitted with a Cypress TrueTouch-digitizer you know the one. You don't?

It basically means the phone can handle up to 32 points of contact (theoretically) at once none of this two finger nonsense, you can get your toes out and a mate's hands and still have touch points left.

Techradar LINK
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 313233 ... 261262263  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic