Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-17 18:21
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2011-01-17 03:06:06, HYPER-X10 wrote:

On 2011-01-16 15:49:33, Toney_Ericsson wrote:

I'll stick with HTC and already have everything you haven't got

Problem is that HTC don't have everything I want. I much prefer physical buttons over capacitive, including the camera button. I also prefer a 480 x 854 screen over 480 x 800 (I like the idea of 16:9 on the phone). There ARE good reasons to go for a DHD, mainly the MSM8255.

For me, the Arc has all the things I like in the X10, + all the things I like in the DHD, + a few extras.

I'm not overly concerned about when updates are released. at least can't get any worse in that regard.
Having 's customisation essentially amount to skinning + some widgets is a good thing.

The Arc screen is nomore 16:9 than the iphone. You've obviously never watched a video or played a game like Angry birds on the DHD to appreciate the 'real estate'. Really can't see where these extras are. The Arc has less RAM than phones out last year including the DHD which has more and 1.5GB internal. Build quality is plastic on the Arc as oppose to solid Aluminium on the DHD. As for SE's skining that's just pants nothing is as good as HTC Sense.

I won't even bother go into battery life as all smart phones consume a lot if not configured right i.e if data, bt, syncing etc is always happening but its strange the Arc battery is showing as under performing with talk time and standby compared to other phones with smaller batteries
"OPEN SOURCE REQUIRES OPEN PEOPLE" Sent from my Quietly Brilliant HTC.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2011-01-17 22:23

On 2011-01-15 11:18:50, masseur wrote:
I'm wanting a new android phone and this one may well be the one that finally brings me back to after some years of dissapointment (X1 was my last so its been that long!).

you got bored of your Wildfire masseur?
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
HYPER-X10
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-18 00:34

On 2011-01-17 18:21:36, Toney_Ericsson wrote:

The Arc screen is nomore 16:9 than the iphone. You've obviously never watched a video or played a game like Angry birds on the DHD to appreciate the 'real estate'. Really can't see where these extras are. The Arc has less RAM than phones out last year including the DHD which has more and 1.5GB internal. Build quality is plastic on the Arc as oppose to solid Aluminium on the DHD. As for SE's skining that's just pants nothing is as good as HTC Sense.

I won't even bother go into battery life as all smart phones consume a lot if not configured right i.e if data, bt, syncing etc is always happening but its strange the Arc battery is showing as under performing with talk time and standby compared to other phones with smaller batteries

Do you even know what 16:9 means? 854x480 is 16.01:9. 960x640 is 13.5:9. I'm pretty sure that makes the Arc "more 16:9"

HDMI out is what I call an extra. So is beautiful design, DLNA and thin body.

"You've obviously never ..blah blah blah". I said there are good things about the DHD. I like the bigger screen. DHD is 4.3" Arc is 4.2". The thing is that the Arc has an extra 25920 pixels in there.

Battery? X10 beats DHD on battery and so will Arc. Wonder why there's a 650+ post thread about the DHD's battery on XDA?

Looking at your comments I can see that you've stepped beyond useful input and are just showing yourself to be a rampant HTC fanboy.

Luckily for me, I'm not loyal to ANY phone manufacturer. If HTC (or anyone) brings out something that suits me better than the Arc, I'll get it. I'll be making the decision on my preference and the input from level headed individuals though. Not butt hurt fanboys like you.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-01-18 01:06
+1 HYPER-X10 couldn't agree more.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-18 02:54

On 2011-01-18 00:34:16, HYPER-X10 wrote:

On 2011-01-17 18:21:36, Toney_Ericsson wrote:

Do you even know what 16:9 means? 854x480 is 16.01:9. 960x640 is 13.5:9. I'm pretty sure that makes the Arc "more 16:9"

HDMI out is what I call an extra. So is beautiful design, DLNA and thin body.

"You've obviously never ..blah blah blah". I said there are good things about the DHD. I like the bigger screen. DHD is 4.3" Arc is 4.2". The thing is that the Arc has an extra 25920 pixels in there.

Battery? X10 beats DHD on battery and so will Arc. Wonder why there's a 650+ post thread about the DHD's battery on XDA?

Looking at your comments I can see that you've stepped beyond useful input and are just showing yourself to be a rampant HTC fanboy.

Luckily for me, I'm not loyal to ANY phone manufacturer. If HTC (or anyone) brings out something that suits me better than the Arc, I'll get it. I'll be making the decision on my preference and the input from level headed individuals though. Not butt hurt fanboys like you.

What??? I'm getting more battery out of my Desire HD than with my X10.

Go and read that xda thread fully and get your facts right first before talking even more shit.

People are getting 59 hours out of a single charge on the DHD, go have a look this is through switching things off such as wifi, bluetooth, gps etc, htcsense syncing etc when not needed or are you that daft to suggest otherwise that you should be getting a week out of a battery with everything switched on and updating every 2 seconds?. Anyone could get a week out of a phone if they dont switch it on

Do you think I care if a butt head like you goes and gets an Arc? I don't care at all in fact I'm laughing as I have the frequent updates, full developer support and an absolutely awesome phone but you haven't

I see the Arc is very highly rated on xda

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=907686
[ This Message was edited by: Toney_Ericsson on 2011-01-18 02:18 ]
S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2011-01-18 04:32
Yo HYPER-X10 I'm really happy for you and ima let you finish but Toney switching of everything on his HTC gets him the best battery time of all time. OF ALL TIME!
synn
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2011-01-18 04:40
I'm sorry, when exactly did this turn into an HTC thread?
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-18 05:52

On 2011-01-18 04:32:04, S4k1s wrote:
Yo HYPER-X10 I'm really happy for you and ima let you finish but Toney switching of everything on his HTC gets him the best battery time of all time. OF ALL TIME!

Go compare the Arc and DHD battery the DHD wins overall.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3468&idPhone2=3619

The DHD has got automatic power saving at 30% which you can set to what you want and the normal functions of setting screen brightness etc to what values you want. SE hasn't got that, X10 didn't have it and theres no mention of any power saving in the Arc.

For a bigger battery in the Arc I would expect better performance than that.

Then again I'm not the one buying that crap

MyP910
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-01-18 06:02
X10 is a success for SE and I can see Arc will do better. In terms of battery life, I'm sure Arc will be great. X10 has a good battery life (with ALL the function `ON').. and with better optimization in Arc, it will be awesome.

The Arc design alone is ahead of the rest...especially when compared to iphone-wannabe smartphone.
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-18 06:20
The X10 lasts the same as any other Android phone with ALL functions on.

The DHD has better power saving options and automatic but se has none.

admad
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2011-01-18 08:50
@S4k1s WIN!

Toney, how about chilling. We all know You like Your DHD, it's a good phone, but really, You say some quality bullshit here. DHD has shitty camera, it's a fact. The face recognition stuff i already read twice from You is a function X10 also have, ya really... And guess what, it's useless anyway
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-01-18 10:00
I keep GPS and Sync on, i have BBC News, Facebook and Twitter refreshing every 2hours and WhatsApp running all day and still get just over a full day with my X10, so i'm sure the Arc will be even better, i see no point in turning them off as this is what Android is about, why should you have to always have to turn things on and off just to get decent batt life? It ruins the experience, i'm not always looking at my phone, but when i do its good to have the info/news waiting there instead having to go turn Sync on for example. My weather widget uses GPS and its very handy for when i'm out, Twitter also uses my GPS.

The Arc should be even better, reading through many reviews the X10 still seems to be the best Android in Camera and Battery Life in Android, until the Arc comes. I was very close to getting a DesireHD from Dubai in December, unfortunetly most places didnt have it in stock, that seems to have been a blessing in disguise after reading through XDA and seeing just how much you have to do to get decent batt life.

Toney
Im glad you've found a device that suits you, but why do you have to go around the forum repeating the same thing? It's almost as if you are unsure if you have made the right decision and so you are trying to convince yourself, is that realy the case here? The DesireHD is an awesome machine, we know that, but it's not going to suit all of us, having the latest updates and specs to boast in forums seems to be your main priority when choosing a phone, if having those makes you so happy then we're happy for you, but to be honest not all of us give a damn.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-01-18 10:12
Thanks Tsepz_GP. Common sense words at last.
HYPER-X10
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-18 10:13
+1 to you too Tsepz_GP

Any way, Have you guys seen the preview on Phonearena?

http://www.phonearena.com/rev[....]sson-Xperia-arc-Preview_id2638

Pretty good preview, with some nice pics. They seem to like it a lot.

I especially liked this bit:

"We had the Midnight Blue version, which is so dark that it seems almost black, if it wasn't for the nice gradients on the back cover. There is also a Misty Silver version, which looks even more stunning. The whole design is made of quality plastic, which some sniff at, but with a 4.2 screen we'd rather keep the weight under control than ask for metallic elements, which will make the phone bulkier and more unwieldy to handle (cough, HTC Desire HD, cough)."

tyko
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-18 11:00
More photos from arc http://picasaweb.google.com/PerAngelholm/Snodumpning2011#

Rather boring scenes but the photos looks quite good, except the red tint which cant be that much of a problem to get rid of.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 303132 ... 261262263  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic