Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Xperia arc discussion Thread

Previous  123 ... 232425 ... 261262263  Next
Author Xperia arc discussion Thread
justus333
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2011-01-12 13:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Cant wait until the release! First SE that makes me drool again And as it is, my IPhone starts to fall apart.
Good Job SE! Hope they learned one thing, it is not the newest components, it´s the smooth playing together of all components. I.e SW, HW, sync,user Experience. I can easily neglect the dual core, if it is running as smoothly as this one seems to be doing. I praying for a good cam though, as that is what Im missing the most on the IPhone!
avmaxfan
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2011-01-12 13:46

On 2011-01-12 12:35:50, tyko wrote:
I actually think that the images look similar to satio images, if it's similar post processing I don't know.

+1
Mizzle
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-01-12 13:46
Arc won't get Mediascape they've scrapped that.
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2011-01-12 13:53

On 2011-01-11 14:36:45, tranced wrote:
Some things cleared up at the Product Blog:
  • The CPU and GPU specs are: MSM8255 at 1 GHz with Adreno 205.
  • The music player does have an equalizer, my current software has 10 different genre based presets.
  • It does not have a front facing camera.
  • Mediascape is removed in its earlier form and has changed into a customizable widget based “media pane” (as shown briefly in the video)
  • It’s too early to officially give detailed comments around specific later Android versions for XperiaTM arc during its lifecycle but the changes we have made to our way of working with Android puts us in a good position to make sure that Xperia arc will get later versions in a timely manner.
  • I’ve seen articles around higher numbers than 2.3 being seen in the display of Xperia arc phones – As I have been informed that is due to a misconfiguration in some samples and nothing to get too excited about really, sorry.
  • It does have two microphones which will be used for noise suppression during phone calls.
  • The camera LED flash is possible to put in four different modes; Auto, Fill-flash, Red-eye Reduction & Off.
  • It does have full multi touch support, I just tried a similar multi touch test app as I did in the video on the X10 and at least in that app it accepts 4 simultaneous touch points without any issues with X- and Y-axis or such things. I will try to get confirmation on final specs in regards to multi touch.
  • It does support wi-fi up to the 802.11n mode.

[ This Message was edited by: tranced on 2011-01-11 14:05 ]

I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2011-01-12 14:50
Sony Ericsson Xperia™ arc active display New Promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrlqgy_9fqQ
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2011-01-12 14:55
Not very exciting, but I like the 1:22 part.

Thanks for sharing
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
dibdin
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2011-01-12 23:53
Can anyone comment about how good this phone's display will be like in direct sunlight??
Arne Anka
Sony Xperia P
PM
Posted: 2011-01-12 23:56
What's there to comment since no one beside two in this forum have one. According to SE themself, its very good.
[ This Message was edited by: Arne Anka on 2011-01-12 22:56 ]
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-13 02:50

On 2011-01-12 13:46:22, Mizzle wrote:
Arc won't get Mediascape they've scrapped that.

but if you read those from that very famous critic...they are like " UH OH...why drop mediascape?"
maybe they (this critic) already clueless about what the market really need
Alihosny
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2011-01-13 03:09
about the screen ,the bottom line of gsmarena preview is that it is very comparable to the best out there(retina,samoled) and that's enough for me,i doesn't have to be the best screen ever as long as it's one of the best on a high end phone.and if you consider that the screen used only 6% in the android battery information then this is a very good screen.

no body previewed it in direct sunlight yet but i am sure it will be excellent as the x10's display was superb in direct sunlight so why expect less from it's successor.

two long previews in greek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzbQ5LiVNxQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5FEL3iSHhc&feature=watch_response

gaming in the second video is very good

and few more pictures
http://techblog.gr/techtv/sony-ericsson-xperia-arc-hnads-on-1783/

spider man trailer in the second video is amazing on the screen,good black levels.

flash 10.1 test at 7:13 2nd video is very good.
[ This Message was edited by: Alihosny on 2011-01-13 02:21 ]
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-01-13 03:42
Right now I'm HATING the Galaxy S - Swype BLOWS on this. Apple was NOT kidding about their touchscreen tech being 5yrs ahead of the competition - it REALLY is!!

Now ... I don't want to be limited to the SAME sounds for email/sms/mms on iPhone. The time is NOW for Sony Ericsson to offer a local FULL Mac OS X client for Sync with Apple's core PIM applications - heck even allow for GTD Things! sync.

Many Mac OS X users don't necessarily want that walled garden. I'll get the IP4 32 GB unless Arc & SE can offer me a better alternative. I thought I wanted the Android pure ... but it pales ... and I'm beginning to like SE's improvements and end user ease.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-01-13 03:58
@Prom1, android phones offer much better sync capabilities than iSync. Apple is the one making the walled garden, not everyone else. To get around it, you have to make the effort since apple won't.

My X10 Mini Pro even syncs w/ iTunes wirelessly, no iPhone/iPod can do that.

Apple does have the best screens... Sorry, but amoled looks blurry compared to retina display. On that note, next to retina, all other apple displays look blurry too.

I was hoping would have a similar hires screen on the newer xperias. But what they have will do just fine if power consumption is a lot lower.
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2011-01-13 10:28
Xperia Arc is poised to be one of the best phone SE has ever done in the last three years. But some features are left out that would have made it a more current and able to compete with the latest phones: the HSPA+ support and Front cam. Plus, Arc has again become, one of the many SE phones, a victim of design inconsistency, the cheap looking back cover.

I think it would have been better if SE named the "Arc" Xperia Arc 4G. Of course, SE has to add HSPA+ support to be able to call it "4G" device. Most of the high end Android phone in the U.S. support HSPA+ and Xperia Arc fell a little shorter without it. Have SE even considered the importance of having HSPA+ for the Arc, as it is the highest spec phone from them at the moment, especially for a phone that going to be sold in the US where major wireless network providers are starting to adapt the HSPA+? I know most of you would say it is not needed but by looking at the trend of mid- to high-end Android phones right now, HSPA+ is one of the must have features, especially for a 2011 device.

One more significant feature that Xperia Arc is missing, the front cam. I guess I can't really say that video calling on mobile phone is barely used nowadays. Ever since the introduction of Facetime last year, video calling has become popular. We can tell that by looking at the video calling software support on mobile phones like Skype, YM, etc. For the front cam feature to be left out, it is just a wrong selling point.

Lastly, I really like the design of Xperia Arc but the plastic material use for the back cover ruined the ensemble, a metallic one would have been better. Preferably, the same material used on W990i battery cover. By making a little cosmetic change, Xperia Arc would have looked a more exquisite device.

I am not overly criticizing Xperia Arc but SE has to consider the HSPA+ support and front cam being left out, and a design mishap. Despite of not having dual-core processor like the other phones announced at CES 2011, the Arc still has a balanced set of features. Along with the Reality Display and Exmor-R features, the inclusion of HSPA+, front cam and a new metallic cover, these would seal the success of Xperia Arc.
[ This Message was edited by: rss_ndrsn on 2011-01-13 09:30 ]
marcink
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2011-01-13 13:15
Arc is a very nice Mid+ class fashion device worth sth. like 450-475 Euro. definitely not more than 475€.
dibdin
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2011-01-13 13:39
Well for me at the moment its between the Arc and the lg optimus black as to my next smartphone.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 232425 ... 261262263  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic