Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Xperia arc discussion Thread

Previous  123 ... 204205206 ... 261262263  Next
Author Xperia arc discussion Thread
Platia1
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2011-06-06 04:17
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Wow, I can foresee that being a MAJOR issue for me as for the vast majority of my music the Artist doesn't match the Album Artist :-/

Have you tried setting Album Artist to "Various Artists" (yeah it shouldn't have to be like that but give it a try)

That's a major bummer for me :-/
gayannr
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2011-06-06 05:54
Well the Album art problem has been discussed on XDA, have a look
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=975847
winnerzero
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-06-06 08:24
ok, after much playing around and almost a sleepless night, i've managed to fix this music album problem. I had to remove affected albums and retagged both the Album Artist and Artist to exactly the same name using both MediaGo and mp3tag and I added the duet artists to the name of the song. This was weird because it seemed like retagging it in mp3tag didn't seem to do anything...

all my albums are now correct and i'm no longer annoyed at this. Just need to bear in mind that Album Artist should probably be empty from now on.

Kinda still miss Mediascape tho, but i've still got my X10 so can always play around with it there...its just that the arc is so much better to hold and feel and overall better looking as well, even tho they both look stunning. Can't wait to see what SE will design for their next flagship...seems to me no other phone manufacturer can design as well as SE.
The upcoming ST18 looks pretty cool too.

doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-06-06 16:13
Just upgraded to 2.3.3 via PCCompanion.

I will observe the behaviour of the batt live, if it will improve it means I have almost perfect phone!!!
a w a r e
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-06-06 16:43
@doministry

I believe the battery is much better, but I didn't get the benefit of it straight away. It took several days for some reason. It just got better and better over those days.

Now the battery is as good as one can expect from a smartphone. I took it to the Great Wall of China the other day (8am start) and took photos and videos all day long, checked emails, played games for an hour on the coach there (with audio output through a bluetooth headset) and showed my photos and videos to everyone on the coach on the way back, as well as 2x five minute phone calls, got back around 6pm and still had 35% battery. That was unthinkable before, the coach ride with the bluetooth alone would have taken 50% on the previous FW.

Have fun.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
2slow
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2011-06-06 20:43
Battery life has significantly improved, I have been listening to music for about 1 hour now and it has only used up 2% battery life. It is now on par with my old iphone 4, very good improvement in terms of battery management.
rickster2kuk
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2011-06-06 21:18

On 2011-06-06 00:12:46, alibond82 wrote:
@rickster2kuk
Did you actually use the phone in those 4 days 18hrs? Best I got with my arc is 27hrs 26min before the update. Haven't taken it to the limits yet after the update which I just had yesterday. But seems that it will very much go to just over 48hrs, but 4 days???

Well I find the battey use will vary slightly if i'm at home (low signal area) compared to work which was a full signal being in the middle of a city.

Tbh that is light use, dozen or so texts each day, tweetdeck, emails checking, playing with the widgets, probably max of 10 mins worth of phone calls, few camera snaps, but it's my average use if I'm really busy at work.

Just shows thou what you can get from the battery if you're moderate in use.
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-06-06 21:31

On 2011-06-06 16:43:06, Ricky D wrote:
@doministry

I believe the battery is much better, but I didn't get the benefit of it straight away. It took several days for some reason. It just got better and better over those days.

Now the battery is as good as one can expect from a smartphone. I took it to the Great Wall of China the other day (8am start) and took photos and videos all day long, checked emails, played games for an hour on the coach there (with audio output through a bluetooth headset) and showed my photos and videos to everyone on the coach on the way back, as well as 2x five minute phone calls, got back around 6pm and still had 35% battery. That was unthinkable before, the coach ride with the bluetooth alone would have taken 50% on the previous FW.

Have fun.

Actually I see the difference already when using my phone alot now with internet and photos,
on idle it drops very very slow. Looks like it's improved!!!

BTW to my surprise I finally saw all of the album covers on my phone.

Also: connection manager widget looks better.

And: I have on my homescreen a shortcut for .doc document (Office Suite Pro) and previously when I was pressing it always led me to the docs directory.

Now it finally goes to this doc directly.
a w a r e
ofiaich
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2011-06-07 00:55
Hi everyone!

easy question!

How long does it take to charge a fully drained Sony Ericsson Arc?

I seem to be at 68 % in about 30 minutes.....

Ofiaich
esato since Nov, 12, 2001
blchua.su
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-06-07 01:23

On 2011-06-05 17:07:07, Ricky D wrote:

On 2011-06-05 16:36:07, blchua.su wrote:

On 2011-05-29 10:35:15, Ricky D wrote:
New FW looks good. battery seems about 20% better so far.

I had a weird thing with the gallery though. After I restored apps and stuff with titanium, I opened gallery and saw my albums as expected and the thumbnails were in the correct folders but when I opened up one or two from a folder that wasn't the default camera location, the enlarged photos didn't match the thumbnail I touched to open. I tried clearing the gallery data and restarting the phone to no avail. Eventually I found a folder on the SD where the gallery thumbnails are cached and cleared that folder which caused the gallery to have to redo the thumbs. This sorted the problem.

Just thought I'd share the experience in case anyone else has it and doesn't know what to do.

My wife's got the new Arc and I helped her transfer her pictures from her X10 to the Arc and now she has the same problem where the thumbnails do not match the picture. Can you tell me which folder you went to to remove the cache? Thanks.

/sdcard/DCIM/.thumbnails

Just clearing the folder might not do it. Try this:

• clear the folder
  • do not open the gallery yet
  • then go to Settings > Storage > Unmount SD card
  • wait a moment for the SD card dismounted message
  • remount the SD card
  • open the gallery app

This should force the app to not just cache the thumbs again but also do a fresh search for media folders and completely repopulate the gallery from the SD.

It may take a bit of flicking through for a few mins so the thumbs to be created again properly but once it's done it'll be fine.

Hi Ricky D, thanks for the info.
alibond82
Xperia Arc Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-06-07 08:38
@ofiaich: It so depends on the charger you're using and how much you're using the phone during that time. I use 3 different chargers (A/C, USB & Car). Car is the fastest, then comes the A/C and last comes USB.

Yesterday I managed to get just over 28hrs on battery, with over 1.5hrs of phone calls, bluetooth in car, WiFi, low signal areas. A few games, some browsing...etc. I would say above moderate use. At the moment, I have 38% left and it's been over 18.5hrs since I last charged the phone. I'm pretty much satisfied with the new battery performance and the whole 2.3.3 experience
SirRobin
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-06-07 10:09

On 2011-06-06 20:43:15, 2slow wrote:
Battery life has significantly improved, I have been listening to music for about 1 hour now and it has only used up 2% battery life.

I can´t understand how you get such a great battery lifetime! yesterday i´ve done a complete reset of my arc, reinstalled everything need and the battery drain is not gone. Also, after reinstallation, i´ve seen no update in the market for whatsapp, facebook, ... - did a manual update of them.

The facebook notification in locksreen also doesn´t working. i can see notifications of the original facebook app in the status line but nothing on the locksreen - even after 1 minute waiting for refres...
Ciao

SirRobin
alibond82
Xperia Arc Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-06-07 12:40
@SirRobin: Did you get the 2.3.3 update or not yet? If not, then rather wait a bit, it's worth it.
SirRobin
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-06-07 14:39
Yes, running with 2.3.3 and a clean install yesterday
Ciao

SirRobin
Mizzle
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-06-07 15:28

On 2011-06-07 00:55:05, ofiaich wrote:
Hi everyone!

easy question!

How long does it take to charge a fully drained Sony Ericsson Arc?

I seem to be at 68 % in about 30 minutes.....

Ofiaich

Should take roughly 2-2˝ hours. The last 10% always take the longest time.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 204205206 ... 261262263  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic