Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Xperia arc discussion Thread

Previous  123 ... 203204205 ... 261262263  Next
Author Xperia arc discussion Thread
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-06-04 08:31
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I'm not overly impressed with arc's cam myself. It's fast and that is a huge step up, but the results are over processed, colours are sometimes garish and flooded and the sharpness isn't there at all compared to some others. It reminds me of the N95 vs K850 shootout only this time SE are on the crap over processed side of the fence.

You can guess the device by saving one of the images to your PC and looking at the properties.

The give away is "Program name"
on device 1 = "3.0.1.A.0.145_2b_f200"
on device 2 = "I9100BUKE1"

Guess which one is ARC
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
^^HAMID^^
Xperia Neo Black
PM
Posted: 2011-06-04 09:28
Guess which one is ARC

Oh! don't make it that hard

colours are sometimes garish and flooded and the sharpness isn't there at all compared to some others

Yes! that's my feeling too! it was the most common problem with Samsung's phones as i remember! now this is switched to SE's
rickster2kuk
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2011-06-04 12:17
I think cameraphones are leaning towards slight oversatuaration of photos. I think they think most people like them that way. The iphone 4 is typical for this, extremely oversaturated photos, much worse than the Arc.

Agree thou, that I do find the Arc's photos a little oversaturated and yes it is akin to the N95. The trouble is the X10's photos for me were a little washed out and all that was needed was a slight tweek. The good thing is that it's all the software doing this and not the camera itself, but unfortunately we don't have control over the saturation.

In terms of sharpness, Arc is fine, yes the photos are nosier than the X10, but then the X10's photos were quite smudged close up do to the noise reduction algorithm.

The SGS2 seems to have more natural colours, but the some I have seen seem a little dull (I guess there is no pleasing everyone ).

One thing that is highlighted is the massive sky blow on the garden shot, I'd heard the SGS2 had a habit of doing this and this would explain Massuer's shots that he struggled with.

Overall, I prefer the Arc, but then I am biased .
winnerzero
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-06-05 10:09
Well, i'm just as biased towards my arc as well and can safely say that I prefer SE over anything Samsung produces especially their overhyped AMOLED screens which I find unnatural and battery draining and bad in sunlight. Those photo comparisons were very good, I guessed device 1 was arc as well, glad to see i was right!

Im still suffering from the music player problem in 2.3.3 though, where there are split albums. I tried both adding and deleting Album Artist as per Unknown_X's post but unfortunately this hasn't stopped the problem for me. It seems like everything is the same except for the Artist, where the song thats split from the rest of the album is a duet. I tried deleting the duet's artists and renaming back to only the original album artist but it still left me with a split album! This is starting to bug me. Why can't android just get a decent music player?...I honestly think SE shouldn't have ditched Mediascape, it was so much better than stock android player and still is really. I don't particularly want to use another music player because I believe you shouldn't have to for such a phone, but i might have to...

On another note, anybody tried Talkbox? Its a pretty cool app where u leave instant voice msgs instead of texts to ppl on your contact list...like a walkie talkie...its very fun...but sucks quite a bit of battery...
unknown_x
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-06-05 11:35
@Winnerzero

try to upload a screenshot of one of those split albums with mp3tag and lets see if we can find what's the missing tag
Platia1
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2011-06-05 12:33
Yeah, I'd really like to see this music tagging problem as well cause I think it might affect me quite badly.
mode
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2011-06-05 14:53
@AndyD777
You seriously need to wipe the grease off your phone lenses mate
Ericsson EH97, GA628, GF768, A2618s, T29s Sony Ericsson T68i, S700i, P990i, Z558i, W902, W995, X10, Arc S
*Xperia V*White*Black MW600*Sandisk Mobile Ultra 64GB microSDXC*
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-06-05 15:11
I wait for my OTA upgrade!

Besides the battery usage with camera this phone is almost perfect!!
a w a r e
winnerzero
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-06-05 16:02
@unknown_x

i hope this works, first time posting a pic...

dunno if this makes a difference, but the three albums i'm having problems with are all in chinese and the songs with the duet artists are the ones that come up as a separate album. TBH, its not a real big problem, but just annoying me cos it shouldn't happen...

my other music, about 60 albums or so (32gb microsd card) are fine...i also use Sony Media Go to transfer music and think its great.

This is still the best phone i've used and prob will be for some time... I'm using AmbientTime Home as a default launcher now as its smooth and great eye candy.
blchua.su
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-06-05 16:36

On 2011-05-29 10:35:15, Ricky D wrote:
New FW looks good. battery seems about 20% better so far.

I had a weird thing with the gallery though. After I restored apps and stuff with titanium, I opened gallery and saw my albums as expected and the thumbnails were in the correct folders but when I opened up one or two from a folder that wasn't the default camera location, the enlarged photos didn't match the thumbnail I touched to open. I tried clearing the gallery data and restarting the phone to no avail. Eventually I found a folder on the SD where the gallery thumbnails are cached and cleared that folder which caused the gallery to have to redo the thumbs. This sorted the problem.

Just thought I'd share the experience in case anyone else has it and doesn't know what to do.

My wife's got the new Arc and I helped her transfer her pictures from her X10 to the Arc and now she has the same problem where the thumbnails do not match the picture. Can you tell me which folder you went to to remove the cache? Thanks.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-06-05 17:07

On 2011-06-05 16:36:07, blchua.su wrote:

On 2011-05-29 10:35:15, Ricky D wrote:
New FW looks good. battery seems about 20% better so far.

I had a weird thing with the gallery though. After I restored apps and stuff with titanium, I opened gallery and saw my albums as expected and the thumbnails were in the correct folders but when I opened up one or two from a folder that wasn't the default camera location, the enlarged photos didn't match the thumbnail I touched to open. I tried clearing the gallery data and restarting the phone to no avail. Eventually I found a folder on the SD where the gallery thumbnails are cached and cleared that folder which caused the gallery to have to redo the thumbs. This sorted the problem.

Just thought I'd share the experience in case anyone else has it and doesn't know what to do.

My wife's got the new Arc and I helped her transfer her pictures from her X10 to the Arc and now she has the same problem where the thumbnails do not match the picture. Can you tell me which folder you went to to remove the cache? Thanks.

/sdcard/DCIM/.thumbnails

Just clearing the folder might not do it. Try this:

• clear the folder
  • do not open the gallery yet
  • then go to Settings > Storage > Unmount SD card
  • wait a moment for the SD card dismounted message
  • remount the SD card
  • open the gallery app

This should force the app to not just cache the thumbs again but also do a fresh search for media folders and completely repopulate the gallery from the SD.

It may take a bit of flicking through for a few mins so the thumbs to be created again properly but once it's done it'll be fine.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
rickster2kuk
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2011-06-05 17:08
Just got a personal best in terms of battery:

4 days and 18 hours.

Best I got out of the X10 was 4 days and 12 hours.

Excellent stuff.
unknown_x
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-06-05 20:30

On 2011-06-05 16:02:04, winnerzero wrote:
@unknown_x

i hope this works, first time posting a pic...

dunno if this makes a difference, but the three albums i'm having problems with are all in chinese and the songs with the duet artists are the ones that come up as a separate album. TBH, its not a real big problem, but just annoying me cos it shouldn't happen...

my other music, about 60 albums or so (32gb microsd card) are fine...i also use Sony Media Go to transfer music and think its great.

This is still the best phone i've used and prob will be for some time... I'm using AmbientTime Home as a default launcher now as its smooth and great eye candy.

Well it seems that the "feat." thing can be the problem, if you put exactly the same artist does it change?

If not it can be related to the chinese characters and maybe you can try with "TEST" artist and "TEST" album artist.
alibond82
Xperia Arc Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-06-06 00:12
@rickster2kuk
Did you actually use the phone in those 4 days 18hrs? Best I got with my arc is 27hrs 26min before the update. Haven't taken it to the limits yet after the update which I just had yesterday. But seems that it will very much go to just over 48hrs, but 4 days???
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2011-06-06 03:24
Lite or Moderate usage?

but that incredible of number for today smartphone
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 203204205 ... 261262263  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic