Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Xperia arc discussion Thread

Author Xperia arc discussion Thread
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2011-01-06 05:23
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Timescape?
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
Bankai123
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-06 05:40

On 2011-01-06 05:21:30, tranced wrote:
@Bankai123: UMTS HSPA 800, 850, 1900, 2100

I know but it's missing the 1700mhz frequency. It needs to have both. My X10i has them so i was hoping that this one would too but NOPE. Now i gotta wait to see what happens with the Zeus/Xperia Play.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-01-06 05:47
Edit: spec list now copied to first post
[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2011-01-06 17:43 ]
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-01-06 06:07
Love the design on this one but I'm not sure it's a big enough step from the X10 for me to upgrade. Sure the improvements would be nice, but in terms of features I would use, there's not much new here.

I was going to criticise the very low placement of the physical keys on the front, but then I looked at my X10 and realised I have been using a phone with similar key placement for the last few months with no problems.
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-01-06 06:14
In the videos it looks good but I can't help looking at that big forehead. It's just not quite right. The screen still looks slightly off centre vertically. But silver is sexy here. Definitely.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-01-06 06:20
First Video Review

See 7:40 onwards for full auto-rotate and multi touch.
wiraperkasa
P1
PM
Posted: 2011-01-06 06:26
oh no.i'm gutted!no 16 mpx exmor bloody exmor 1080p video rec.no pico bloody projector. damn you who give me these false hope.i hate !

synn
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2011-01-06 06:29
Hey Rog, is that frame actual metal or plasto-chrome?
wiraperkasa
P1
PM
Posted: 2011-01-06 06:30

On 2011-01-06 06:26:27, wiraperkasa wrote:
oh no.i'm gutted!no 16 mpx exmor bloody exmor 1080p video rec.no pico bloody projector. damn you who give me these false hope.i hate !

###ha ha ha##
rog
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2011-01-06 07:06

On 2011-01-06 06:29:54, synn wrote:
Hey Rog, is that frame actual metal or plasto-chrome?

It's chrome-looking plastic.
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-06 07:21
for those who are planning on having a cry, you knew it wouldnt have dual core, 16mp etc etc before it was even announced. And, many of you believed people with absolutely no credibility on these forums about the specs, you give yourself false hope!

Anywho, I think the specs are great (my opinion)... These other dual core phones announced, apart from the LG 2x, arent the others America only?? Not to mention not all of them have Gingerbread, some were defo announced with Froyo, and will probably be released around the same time, so is one step ahead in the department. And its not like magic, Gingerbread is not just going to appear over night for those phones!

Many complained the x10 was crap, many of whom Id say hadnt even used the phone for a prolonged period of time to be able to give a detailed opinion on it. Sure it shipped with 1.6, and took a while to got 2.1, so? Samsung took a similar amount of time, if not more, to get Froyo onto the galaxy s, which still hasnt rolled out into ALL regions. And their R&D is a lot more resourceful than that of , not to mention they had experience with Android before hand.

Now that have had that experience, im confident they will churn out some more solid handsets. By that I dont mean having the most advanced hardware, referring to them being reliable, stable etc etc... All with the latest version. I think its safe to say has had access to Gingerbread before some other manufacturers, probably due to the upcoming release of the PS phone, which im sure Google has played a part in in terms of software... Again, with having released the current crop of Android phones, theres no reason for them to be slow with updats. 2.3 on Arc etc prooves that...
[ This Message was edited by: >500 on 2011-01-06 06:26 ]
synn
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2011-01-06 07:26
The user interface looked iPhone4 slick in that video. Lots of GPU acceleration going on, definitely.
That's the best I've seen Android behave. Wouldn't load LauncherPro or anything on this one if I were to buy it.
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-06 07:31
@Rog
is the battery cover brushed aluminium or just plastic? Screen glass or plastic? And what model proccy is it actually running?
wiraperkasa
P1
PM
Posted: 2011-01-06 07:32

On 2011-01-06 07:21:59, >500 wrote:
for those who are planning on having a cry, you knew it wouldnt have dual core, 16mp etc etc before it was even announced. And, many of you believed people with absolutely no credibility on these forums about the specs, you give yourself false hope!

Anywho, I think the specs are great (my opinion)... These other dual core phones announced, apart from the LG 2x, arent the others America only?? Not to mention not all of them have Gingerbread, some were defo announced with Froyo, and will probably be released around the same time, so is one step ahead in the department. And its not like magic, Gingerbread is not just going to appear over night for those phones!

Many complained the x10 was crap, many of whom Id say hadnt even used the phone for a prolonged period of time to be able to give a detailed opinion on it. Sure it shipped with 1.6, and took a while to got 2.1, so? Samsung took a similar amount of time, if not more, to get Froyo onto the galaxy s, which still hasnt rolled out into ALL regions. And their R&D is a lot more resourceful than that of , not to mention they had experience with Android before hand.

Now that have had that experience, im confident they will churn out some more solid handsets. By that I dont mean having the most advanced hardware, referring to them being reliable, stable etc etc... All with the latest version. I think its safe to say has had access to Gingerbread before some other manufacturers, probably due to the upcoming release of the PS phone, which im sure Google has played a part in in terms of software... Again, with having released the current crop of Android phones, theres no reason for them to be slow with updats. 2.3 on Arc etc prooves that...
[ This Message was edited by: >500 on 2011-01-06 06:26 ]

my previous post was a sarcasm at those who keep guessing the spec and claim it was from their "sources".just to let you know
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2011-01-06 07:33
I didn't see any confirmation yet about the front facing cam, althought the pics shows there's something might be it ( next to ear speaker )...

Still waiting for the others...

Xperia Arc..... Out
Xperia Neo..... Waiting
Xperia Duo..... Waiting
Xperia Play..... Waiting

and the most important, waiting to see real reviews, specially the GPS part, I don't want another Satio with endless gps lock time waiting !!

my personal expectations about these devices

Xperia Play : It's already known, no point to discuss it !!
Xperia Neo : The successor to X8... smaller than Arc but bigger than X8, estimated screen size = 3.4-3.7
Xperia Duo : The next high-end device, this could be the 16mp device with dual core and Full HD recording...

The left is the new Mini's
The original minis was a crippled down version of X10, not entirley duo to huge differences in spec. but they are marketed as X10 Mini's...
now we don't know how will market the new minis, but I don't think they will be like original minis, I mean a mini version of the high-end device ( X10 )... I think they will be more like Neo or Arc... but duo to challenges in the Arc design.. specially when going in the mini size, then Neo will be better choice here...

so I think the mini's will be marketed as Xperia Neo Mini, Xperia Neo Mini Pro... unless made them a seperate range like Xperia Mini(Pro) which is hard to think about it...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic