Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > HTC > I am thinking of swapping my X10 for a Desire HD. Pros and cons please

Previous  1234  Next
Author I am thinking of swapping my X10 for a Desire HD. Pros and cons please
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-18 03:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The wildfire and X10 are mid range phones I have no intention.
"OPEN SOURCE REQUIRES OPEN PEOPLE" Sent from my Quietly Brilliant HTC.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2011-01-18 18:26
Don't you have a X10i I assumed you did otherwise
my eyes are playing tricks on me

HTC are easy to use very playful but there quite expensive,
my current phone I got at a very good price is good to last me till Aug or next year where
I believe the better phones will come out!

HTC are bringing out ones with better processors too soon

HD is nice I wanted it myself but its been out a while now and HTC are developing more so we speak
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-19 02:17
Yeah I have an X10, its back in its box. I used to think se were the best but I'm fed up with them lagging behind everyone else these days, there nothing more than a mid range manufacturer these days.

I see the Arc is no different from the X10 and yes later this year there will be dual core and 1GB of RAM pretty much standard and se's Arc only has 512mb RAM and single processor so nothings changing with se. Adding "_____ ENGINE" to any phone will guarantee the clueless consumers will buy though but wheres the performance and support there isn't any it's just bullshit.

I got the DHD because of the excellent screen and features and the other things such as Locations, maps already on the phone no need to use any data connection and points you in the direction your facing works awesome, excellent when in other countries no high data charges as you would get on any other phone. It's really fast browsing on the DHD also with full flash support.

The DHD camera is good also and of course Sense, much better than se's UI and theres always custom roms being made by developers.

Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2011-01-19 18:04
Ive been away from
since the 007 K800i

ive comeback now and I must say im rather happy with the X10i
its my 2nd Touch after the P910i

I really am thinking people were just moaning about nothing personally cos it's a great phone
you should bring urs back oput cos the update for another HTC idea is coming Pinch and Zoom

im still watching HTC but im more then happy with what ive got infact imdue a upgrade August but i think thats Unessecary now due to the circumstances that my X10i does the job and its BNIB
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-19 20:49
That MT on the X10 coming isn't the same as whats on the HTC DHD they've already said that and it isn't guaranteed to work with all applications already seen videos showing it on the X10.
[ This Message was edited by: Toney_Ericsson on 2011-01-19 19:51 ]
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2011-01-19 23:44
lol well the double tap is fine by me anyway
strauts
W508 Orange
PM
Posted: 2011-01-21 17:45
i will take DHD for me in next month, im still waiting when contract end. i thinked to get x10 a few months ago, but now all what i want is dhd, cause biger screen, biger memory, faster, newer android, MT, sense.
STRAUTS
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2011-01-21 19:18
@strauts- Dont you think you should go for Hallon/Arc instead given its better than the DHD with even a later firmware?
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-21 23:10
It's quite funny how the DHD that came out last year has more RAM at 768 MB and 1.5GB of internal memory and better performance all round including HTC Sense and excellent build quality and all the other excellent features with HTC including Gingerbread and full developer support, compared to shitty se's 512mb RAM phones like the Arc with no internal memory made from the cheapest plastic with zero support.

Theres much better processors coming this year with 1GB RAM minimum and se are bringing out new phones with single core and shitty 512mb which you will be stuck with for a year.

Just shows how outdated and behind se are compared to HTC.

Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2011-01-22 01:01
I wonder if HTC will do a 12MP phone
the cameras are pretty good standard on them though

I really don't get why are doing a Arc its to much like the X10i
maybe they will have something else to show after it anyway, theres that PSP phone too
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-01-23 10:15
That PSP phone is horrible
Phone?? What phone??
volvoman
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-01-23 16:21
Unlike HTC, SE have not embraced android and still seem to look on it as a none important OS. Samsung, LG, Motorola and HTC, have embraced it big style, they all produce excellent phones full of features and most have the up to date version of android.

Until SE realise that their overlay is laggy and no where near as good as others, the better it will be.

Why dont SE simply put a standard version of android on their phones, prevent branding from the networks, allowing up to date updates such as froyo and gingerbread and then customers will start to come back in droves.
C702i x 2, T650i, K850i, W850i, K810i, K800i, tomtom GO 910, Brodit proclips.

strauts
W508 Orange
PM
Posted: 2011-01-23 18:50
Quote:

On 2011-01-21 19:18:32, se_dude wrote:
@strauts- Dont you think you should go for Hallon/Arc instead given its better than the DHD with even a later firmware?

these phones are not available in latvia, and stil DHD is better. It is hard to change my mind.
STRAUTS
strauts
W508 Orange
PM
Posted: 2011-01-23 19:02
one thing i'm hoping this phone will be available til 25 feb. and it will not have faulty cam.
STRAUTS
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-23 23:02
X10 has lost support se already said it wont be getting Gingerbread, se's answer is to get a new phone. Really rubbish that se won't support consumers for at least the length of a contract where as on the other hand other manufacturers like HTC get full support and especially at places like xda. Se are only putting gingerbread in the Arc as they know nonone will buy it.

The DHD I'm sure will be still available end of Feb, it's a very popular phone and excellent features.

There are some photos popping up of new HTC phones not too much in the way of specs so far but the trend is having the latest and better with HTC with whatever they bring out.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi