Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > One thing that sucks with the T300

Author One thing that sucks with the T300
jellyellie
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-02-09 13:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
*plays catch with JwY's phone* *watches it fall out of the window* oops!
www.jellyellie.com
Ah_long
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2003-02-09 21:19
I don't get it, why would someone throw their cell phone sky high? At least I won't, I save a heck of a lot of $ to by my T300, that is half of my monthly pay.
all SE phones sold out~

farewell T39m Ice Blue, I lovED you.
fannypad
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-02-09 22:12
Yeah, the first mobile I had (Philips C12 brick on Cellnet; the ones that you could have chipped and get free calls on, not that I ever had that done ) really was built like a tank. It survived about two years being battered, kicked, smashed and dunked with only cosmetic damage. The only thing that eventually killed it was my little sister dropping it into a deep duck pond a month after I gave it to her. No, really.

My old Nokia 8850 also survived many drops and crunches in its time, although the aluminium body did get a little bent.
gatevital
Z600
PM
Posted: 2003-02-10 00:13
Sorry to say but nokia 5110 /6110/6150 seem though, I've seen a 5110 dropped nine floors down a lift shaft and still sort of worked (it needed new screen/facia)

Also I've seen a sony J7 dropped down one floor witch did not survive evan after having all the bits put back on.
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-02-10 04:10
@jelly.. I know what you mean. I hate using phones with cases as well. But I think you should invest in an SE ICT-14 for your T300. It's a belt holster. It only holds the phone when not in use. When you use it, just pull it out of the holster.

I think SE understands that most people find that cases make the phone look ugly, so they don't really make cases to be used on the phone all the time... they mainly just make holsters to keep the phone in when not in use.
provocal
T300
PM
Posted: 2003-02-10 07:50
A few weeks ago I dropped my T300 down a staircase onto concrete. It felt like I was watching it happen in slow motion. Before it hit, I already knew it wasn't going to survive the fall unscathed. Luckily, its only battle wounds were a couple of little interior cracks on the faceplate around the speaker, and there was no damage to any of the phone's functionality or to its display. (Thank God!)

The faceplate remained on, though.

I've only taken the faceplate off a couple times, and it was rather tight. Although I did notice that the button on top of the phone would loosen a little with each removal.

I'm happy to see that replacement faceplates are fairly inexpensive, but, unfortunately, it doesn’t look like they're available in the original colors: Icy Blue, Midnight Red, and Mystical Green. But for those of you experiencing the "auto-open" feature, perhaps a new, tighter faceplate could be the solution. Just a thought.
mrj82
Z600
PM
Posted: 2003-02-10 08:48
I live in a place where nokia 5165's are king. You can't go 5 minutes in public and not see one. Anyway I've seen them smashed by all kinds of things, dunked in water, closed between a trunk lid and the car, run over by cars, thrown agaisnt brick walls, etc. etc. And they still worked fine. I pretty much repair these things for a living, or sell people stuff for them. I've seen it all, or almost all that a nokia can take rather.
jellyellie
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-02-10 09:19
thanks jplacson
www.jellyellie.com
dragontrumpetare
T300
PM
Posted: 2003-05-16 13:11
I dropped my T300 many times, even in concret.... and never my facialplate fell off. And My cellphone aint having a scratch. The only problem I seem to have is when i fingers doing lots of fingerprints on the black plate (got the green-black-metallic one) I can see them really good. I am polishing it all the time, but sometimes they wont vanish. In sweden those facial plates is kinda expensive... close to 19 Dollars or Pounds for that matter.
The Truth is out there!!!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi