Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011

Visitors browsing this topic: 4
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 525354 ... 362363364  Next
Author The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011
TheBecksF
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-04 01:49
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
its outdated from now
i didnt see in the leaks any spicifications that make me say oh thats high-end mobile
all are mid range from now for me .. non of them beat nexus s ... realy diappointment for if there isnt something shoking to stand with against other company
even LG has got wake up call im afraid that it will beat SE and make it last ... when SE will get wake up call .. when ?
zub
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2011-01-04 02:02
i would'nt say "out dated" but perhaps kind of on par with high end.

but yes 2010 release or very early 2011 and it should at least be mid to high end game. any later, it's just suicide.
[ This Message was edited by: zub on 2011-01-04 01:04 ]
huiyi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-01-04 02:03

On 2011-01-03 17:06:16, back2you wrote:

On 2011-01-03 14:58:07, HYPER-X10 wrote:

im from Saudi Arabia

Hey back2you, you don't drive an Audi do you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqJDuZIcQ34

Hope you know I'm joking

Any way, I'm itching to replace my X10. (nothing wrong with it, I'm just bored)

Hope SE has something worth upgrading to and SOON!!!!

u see Saudi Skaters u drive skater

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iotqu88tqrM&feature=related

any way all informations comes from my friend
[ This Message was edited by: back2you on 2011-01-03 16:12 ]

back2you。。Haha. . You can not fall being in love in the Arab. . Direct marriage. . Marry up to four girls. Right? ?
[ This Message was edited by: huiyi on 2011-01-04 01:11 ]
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-01-04 04:05

On 2011-01-04 01:18:49, zub wrote:
you would rather go for a phone that is looking stylish, has half the performance and same price, over something that chews it up for breakfast but might not satisfy your fashoin sense?

I (and I'm sure a few others here) own and love the X10 for it's design over competitors, even though the hardware came late to the market compared to say Desire/Nexus1 and software is an iteration behind. Phone design argument does hold weight and shouldn't be dismissed.

I think as long as SE are equalling competitor specs at the time of release then they will get their share of sales until the spec is updated by them or a competitor. e.g. if SE come to the market 2Q, HTC/Samsung/LG 1Q, but the competitors release their next upgrade to that particular phone 1Q2012 then SE will get their share for 2 quarters.

In some ways that is the better strategy as their handset will be the only new to the market handset of that calibre in that quarter as opposed to being up against 3 (or more) newly released handsets the quarter before. The choice for the buyer at that time will be "the 3 month old HTC that a few of my mates have got or the new SE that no one has yet but it does the exact same thing". I can see the logic in doing that. The other option is to get the phone out a quarter ahead of the competition, or at least before they announce. SE won't do this because their r&d is playing catch up but it would mean maybe a month of sales, but that month would everyone will buy the phone (assuming the design isn't atrocious).
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
avmaxfan
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2011-01-04 04:21

On 2011-01-04 04:05:42, Ricky D wrote:

you would rather go for a phone that is looking stylish, has half the performance and same price, over something that chews it up for breakfast but might not satisfy your fashoin sense?

I (and I'm sure a few others here) own and love the X10 for it's design over competitors, even though the hardware came late to the market compared to say Desire/Nexus1 and software is an iteration behind. Phone design argument does hold weight and shouldn't be dismissed.

I think as long as SE are equalling competitor specs at the time of release then they will get their share of sales until the spec is updated by them or a competitor. e.g. if SE come to the market 2Q, HTC/Samsung/LG 1Q, but the competitors release their next upgrade to that particular phone 1Q2012 then SE will get their share for 2 quarters.

In some ways that is the better strategy as their handset will be the only new to the market handset of that calibre in that quarter as opposed to being up against 3 (or more) newly released handsets the quarter before. The choice for the buyer at that time will be "the 3 month old HTC that a few of my mates have got or the new SE that no one has yet but it does the exact same thing". I can see the logic in doing that. The other option is to get the phone out a quarter ahead of the competition, or at least before they announce. SE won't do this because their r&d is playing catch up but it would mean maybe a month of sales, but that month would everyone will buy the phone (assuming the design isn't atrocious).

Except that the design actually is not all that great this time around. Compared to X10 they don't look as good and Anzu is almost the same as X10.

IF the designs were original then yes your point would hold true but unfortunately it isn't. It will be a 3 months old HTC with original design vs a "new" SE that is the same hardware wise as X10 and looks about the same.

avmaxfan
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2011-01-04 04:28

On 2011-01-03 14:30:19, TheBecksF wrote:
im joining the guys and i lower my expectations
im waiting for feb ... for me no dual core means no SE for me

@avmax
i dont think dualcore is needed for honeycamp .. if its needed SE will be Stuped top lunch High-end without Dual-core
coz honeycamp is coming in march or april
wasnt you who was saying there will be dualcore what change your talk ?

Read this

Honeycomb to require dual core processor

http://www.engadget.com/2011/[....]ocessor-initially-tablet-only/

P.S. Do check the date on the article, its not old crap. The article was posted just a few hours back
[ This Message was edited by: avmaxfan on 2011-01-04 03:30 ]
zub
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2011-01-04 05:19

On 2011-01-04 04:05:42, Ricky D wrote:

im sorry i have to say i think you're looking at this through rose tinted glasses and from a biased view.

im no fanboy, of any company or group so perhaps my opinion may not so biased, but rule #1 in this type of market, get it out first, get it right first, you will make big bucks. come late into the game you lose. this is the truth. does'nt matter if come in 3 months later, their tech wont be any better, infact it'll probably feel somewhat out-dated tbh. and im sure most sensible folks will indeed go for the 3 month old HTC vs the new that has same or worse spec, because (1. the HTC would have probably been more established and proven 2). the HTC will be much cheaper by then with same or better spec.

im sorry if it sounds harsh but this is reality.

best example is the iphone, nowadays you can easily get phones that will work just as good and even better than it today, but you still see apple raping up market share, why? because they got in first and got it right first time, they are now established and proven, everyone else is playing cathup and now have to prove to be better.
[ This Message was edited by: zub on 2011-01-04 04:23 ]
rog
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2011-01-04 09:24

On 2011-01-04 01:49:16, TheBecksF wrote:
its outdated from now
i didnt see in the leaks any spicifications that make me say oh thats high-end mobile
all are mid range from now for me .. non of them beat nexus s ... realy diappointment for if there isnt something shoking to stand with against other company
even LG has got wake up call im afraid that it will beat SE and make it last ... when SE will get wake up call .. when ?

Question: what would you consider as being high end? Besides a dual core processor? Would be interested to see a list of features which a phone needs to have to be called 'high end'.
S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2011-01-04 09:24

On 2011-01-04 05:19:28, zub wrote:
this is the truth.

YOU CAN NOT ARGUE WITH THE TRUTH!
avmaxfan
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2011-01-04 10:08

On 2011-01-04 09:24:07, rog wrote:

On 2011-01-04 01:49:16, TheBecksF wrote:
its outdated from now

Question: what would you consider as being high end? Besides a dual core processor? Would be interested to see a list of features which a phone needs to have to be called 'high end'.

No need to bother about what each individual thinks is high end. The market determines that. "high end" refers to the absolute best in hardware. And unfortunately none of the models leaked so far are high end even by 2010 standards let alone 2011.

There are no two ways to it

For 2010 the high end phones were Galaxy S, Iphone 4, HTC Desire HD. These phones had the best hardware and were also priced accordingly.
Xperia X10 WAS a high end phone at launch but by the end of 2010 it was considered a mid range and priced much lower than the high end phones.

And on the same topic @everyone

Anzu might be flagship for 1H 2011 but it does not mean that its a high end phone. There is no rule that a flagship phone HAS to be high end. Look at N8, its the Nokia flagship. But is it a high end smartphone? NO!!!!!!
Anzu, Hallon, Psphone all are mid range phones. End of story
[ This Message was edited by: avmaxfan on 2011-01-04 09:19 ]
avmaxfan
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2011-01-04 10:11

On 2011-01-03 14:30:19, TheBecksF wrote:

@avmax
i dont think dualcore is needed for honeycamp .. if its needed SE will be Stuped top lunch High-end without Dual-core

I am not changing my stand. There IS a Xperia with the specs I mentioned and it will be launched this year. As I mentioned earlier, might wait for honeycomb.
zub
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2011-01-04 10:23

On 2011-01-04 09:24:25, S4k1s wrote:

On 2011-01-04 05:19:28, zub wrote:
this is the truth.

YOU CAN NOT ARGUE WITH THE TRUTH!

DAMN RIGHT!!!
rog
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2011-01-04 10:25
@avmaxfan: oh really... So, what is 'the absolute best in HW' in 2011 then? Again, I would like to see a list. If it is not possible to list the criteria, then we can immediately stop talking about high end / mid range etc. and continue to argue on people's personal preferences (which seems to be the trend anyway...)
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-01-04 11:19

On 2011-01-04 04:28:53, avmaxfan wrote:

@avmax

Read this

Honeycomb to require dual core processor

http://www.engadget.com/2011/[....]ocessor-initially-tablet-only/

P.S. Do check the date on the article, its not old crap. The article was posted just a few hours back
[ This Message was edited by: avmaxfan on 2011-01-04 03:30 ]

If you're quoting engadget then its not official. Most likely since ALL Android 3.0 tablets announced and 1 smartphone using dual-core Tegra2 T250 chipset is using it.

To be honest I'd be VERY happy if SE has a local USB/BT/WLAN sync solution for us Mac users. Is there an option to sync Android handsets for Mac users??!!
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
avmaxfan
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2011-01-04 11:35

On 2011-01-04 10:25:33, rog wrote:
@avmaxfan: oh really... So, what is 'the absolute best in HW' in 2011 then? Again, I would like to see a list. If it is not possible to list the criteria, then we can immediately stop talking about high end / mid range etc. and continue to argue on people's personal preferences (which seems to be the trend anyway...)

Sure i can give u a idea. Dual Core processors, 768mb - 1gb RAM, HD 1080p encode(Full Hd video recording)/decode, 16-32gb internal memory, and next gen screen.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 525354 ... 362363364  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic