Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011

Previous  123 ... 362363364  Next
Author The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2011-12-24 05:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2011-12-23 18:49:27, aurelius wrote:

On 2011-12-23 15:05:35, randomuser wrote:
Well not only under the name of Sony but also under Sony's payroll. So they would be SONY employees and not SE as SE is 100% owned by Sony then. Including the staff.

That's not my point, my point is that it will be the same developers doing the job, under another brand name.

Agree but it might be only temporary. I remember Kazuo Hirai also mentioning it during the Sony Q3 earnings conference. He said that in the near future will continue to largely be unchanged and just work more closely with Sony. But with time they will absorb SE fully into Sony when they have the resources to do it.
Right now Sony cannot afford to invest in a brand new R&D facility for its mobile division.

@RickyD

Since you mentioned SONY is working on a 21mp handset, is it being developed in the SE R&D lab or in Sony R&D labs somewhere
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2011-12-24 04:35 ]
argiriano
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-12-24 09:33
I don`t believe in that 21mpxl device at all, or don`t want to believe it`s something Sony even consider.
There`s no sense... pixels count that much without the proper optics will be the bigest shit Sony will lunch ever. After decade of mobile cameras the customers already know what is important in mobile imaging. Advanced users know that things like optics and size of the chip is important, and the regular customers doesn`t need more than 8mpxl cause even they realised that mobile camera can`t replace the proper cameras, even though they don`t understand why.
It will be suiside if Sony make this 21mpxl device that can`t compeat with 8mpxl iPhone 4S superior optics and postprocessing or even 2 y/o Nokia N8 and this is what will going to happen because:
1. Sony have to make this chip smaller which is one of the biggest compromises in mobile imagging
2. Make device slimmer 'cause this is the current trend which leaves no room for optics
3. Make device without proper flash light because of the battery and slimer profile of the device
4. Have to make their agressive postprocessing and compression even more agressive which will lead to even worse results
5. 21mpxl is professional size of pixel count and it will be compared to DSLR or Four-Thirds devices with it`s lunch but with so many compromises we know what the results will be, so Sony doesn`t need marketing tricks like this, cause it`s efect will be negative.

Well, this is just my oppinion of course and the future will tell what the truth is but I don`t want to think that Sony will want to lose their name in mobile imaging completely with move like this.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-12-24 11:12

On 2011-12-24 05:11:04, randomuser wrote:

@RickyD

Since you mentioned SONY is working on a 21mp handset, is it being developed in the SE R&D lab or in Sony R&D labs somewhere
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2011-12-24 04:35 ]

He's an employee of SE, but made a point of it being a Sony device. Make of that what you will.

I doubt he's blowing smoke but the device could just be a wishful thinking/pie in the sky proto.

New thread will be here before the New Year. Christmas is pretty busy so haven't had a moment to set it all up yet.
[ This Message was edited by: Ricky D on 2011-12-24 10:14 ]
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
AkuKL
Xperia Mini Pro White
PM
Posted: 2011-12-24 16:01
Anyway, want to wish Merry Christmas to all of you guys here before this thread become a history.
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-12-24 16:08
Merry Christmas
Hope for a new exiting thread in the year to come
[ This Message was edited by: rikken on 2011-12-24 15:11 ]
lolstebbo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-12-24 19:02

On 2011-12-24 09:33:41, argiriano wrote:
I don`t believe in that 21mpxl device at all, or don`t want to believe it`s something Sony even consider.
There`s no sense... pixels count that much without the proper optics will be the bigest shit Sony will lunch ever. After decade of mobile cameras the customers already know what is important in mobile imaging. Advanced users know that things like optics and size of the chip is important, and the regular customers doesn`t need more than 8mpxl cause even they realised that mobile camera can`t replace the proper cameras, even though they don`t understand why.
It will be suiside if Sony make this 21mpxl device that can`t compeat with 8mpxl iPhone 4S superior optics and postprocessing

People don't need more than 5MP, actually.

Also, The iPhone 4S doesn't have superior optics. It's the same optics that the 8MP 2011 Xperia phones use. Because it's the same camera module (which consists of a single package with both the sensor and the optics).
marcink
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2011-12-24 23:31
But apple's photos look miles better. SE has not been progressing in terms of picture quality since k750i. Hope Sony won't handicap it now and use it's potential to make its mobiles excell in camera dept. now they are behind samsung, Nokia and apple!
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2011-12-25 08:30
New tech?

can we expect ps vita in smaller shape with call functionality? probably difference chipset though.

Nokia Apple Samsung and somehow HTC probably included into list now, I really hope SONY will make a comeback to it deserve position very soon.
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
argiriano
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-12-25 09:36

On 2011-12-24 19:02:10, lolstebbo wrote:

Also, The iPhone 4S doesn't have superior optics. It's the same optics that the 8MP 2011 Xperia phones use. Because it's the same camera module (which consists of a single package with both the sensor and the optics).

Actually it`s not the same as Apple developed Exmor-R optics and it futures 5 lenses, not 4 as the original. Apple's IR-filter also makes the diference but we don`t talk about the software part, even though it`s one of the best examples how Apple can take something and make it better which is bad for Sony in this case.

Anyway we all expecting next Sony devices you know.

Marry Christmas everyone! God bless you!
AkuKL
Xperia Mini Pro White
PM
Posted: 2011-12-25 14:42
I just hope that we can get camera quality on par with something like Sony TX10 (without optical zoom, of course) so that we can all be happy. I can tolerate the price if the picture/video quality is good and battery life is also good.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-12-25 14:53
Merry Christmas to those that celebrate it.

I'm waiting to hear back from Ricky to see when he wants to begin 2012 rumours. I'll keep you posted.
AkuKL
Xperia Mini Pro White
PM
Posted: 2011-12-25 16:11

On 2011-12-25 14:53:40, goldenface wrote:
Merry Christmas to those that celebrate it.

I'm waiting to hear back from Ricky to see when he wants to begin 2012 rumours. I'll keep you posted.

Same here. I'm waiting for 2012 Rumours as well.
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2011-12-25 17:34
I Dont wish for a Best Dual Core/ Quad Core I only wish for a Kickass Camera phones ,Kickass Walkman Phones and Xperia Phones..
Cant Wait for CES
-16-
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2011-12-25 17:46
I think Sony is one of the few companys that can handle the business similar to Apple. They don't need the best processor or biggest screen to compete. They have nice cameras, they have the Walkman brand and they have the most beautiful UI in the Android world. AND they have the best phone designers. So I think with good materials for the phone and the right marketing even a device with little outdated specs could be a game breaker. Just do it...
shaoran
P1
PM
Posted: 2011-12-25 19:21
come on bring us our dream come true...Satio Android with exmor R new generation, with all new tech from SONY, white screen magic, etc...that will kick all of the competitor...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 362363364  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic