Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011

Previous  123 ... 283284285 ... 362363364  Next
Author The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011
nikos_se
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2011-10-03 22:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I dont think that it is test hardware..Because there is a "huge" size difference between 28nm and 45nm,and we all know that space in mobile phones,is used really carefully...After all,"Nozomi" or whatever it is gonna be called wont be a bad phone,just like arc is not a bad phone.It just needs the right pricing...I wouldnt complain if arc had a 16gb flash memory and had launched for 399eur...actually i think it could have done reasonably well...But the arc launched for 550eur+,which i think is gonna be the case with "Nozomi" as well..
^^HAMID^^
Xperia Neo Black
PM
Posted: 2011-10-03 23:12
Let's sit somewhere together and laugh at our self ! all of SE fans

Nowadays Big announcement for SE fans is guessing a funny abbreviation !!!

NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2011-10-03 23:17
Oh noes, a 1.5 Ghz dual core processor with one of the most advanced mobile GPUs on the market? What is SE thinking? /sarcasm

Seriously, though, why ON EARTH would you need something more powerful at this time? What app would be so heavily demanding that would require even more advanced hardware??

+ there's the battery life thing
[ This Message was edited by: NightBlade on 2011-10-03 22:17 ]
nikos_se
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2011-10-03 23:33
You do know that 32nm/28nm processors consume noticeable less power than 45nm processors.+Try telling that to all those millions that prefered galaxy s2/sensation etc,than xperia arc.I dont think that design or ui was the reason.People that buy high-end products,want the latest technology,and that's it.Sony Ericsson should finally make up their minds.Either go for the 150-450eur market,that made them famous,or if they want to go for higher prices,then they have to use the best and the latest in the mobile industry.Simple as that.
Legen
W960
PM
Posted: 2011-10-03 23:54
Imagine sonyericsson release a tablet, what would you guys prefer the os to be, android or windows 8?
wario
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2011-10-04 00:20
SE just needs to adjust their pricing and marketing. they've released good phones this year but their perception of "top tier" is more akin to other manufacturers' "mid tier".

like everyone else, i'd like to see a SE phone with cutting edge specs but if that's not gonna happen, there's nothing wrong with targeting the mid-tier to low-tier segment.

they just have to slash some prices and re-class their phones down a level.

would anybody complain if SE said the Arc was a mid-tier phone and 25% cheaper off the MSRP?

aamwng
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2011-10-04 03:45
Sony Ericsson CEO Confident Company Will Avoid Patent Wars

STOCKHOLM (Dow Jones)--Sony Ericsson, the mobile handset joint venture between Telefon AB L.M. Ericsson (ERIC) and Sony Corp. (SNE), will not become embroiled in the legal battles over patents engulfing its rivals because of its large existing patent portfolio and its policy of cross-licensing those patents, its Chief Executive says.

Patent disputes within the industry have recently intensified, with Apple Inc. (AAPL) bringing a number of cases against South Korean rival Samsung Electronics Co. (005930.SE), claiming its smartphones and tablets have "slavishly" copied the iPhone and iPad. Apple has filed suits in, Australia, Germany, Japan, France and South Korea and managed to temporarily ban Samsung from selling one of its Galaxy Tab models in the European Union.

"Right now this industry is in the midst of the largest patent war that I have ever experienced," said Sony Ericsson Chief Executive Bert Nordberg, a 26-year veteran of the communications industry.

However, Sony Ericsson is not worried about defending its own portfolio of products, Nordberg told Dow Jones Newswires in an interview, describing the company as "one of the most patent safe companies around."

"Apart from our own 6,000 patents, we're licensed to use the combined patent portfolios of both our owners, Sony and Ericsson," he said.

Sony Ericsson has managed to avoid any major patent disputes, mainly because its large patent portfolio means that it is able to solve patent issues by cross licensing agreements, whereby it may use other players' patents in return for them using Sony Ericsson's technology, Nordberg added.

The CEO says companies are now far more defensive about technology they've developed, preventing rivals from using it rather than making them reach for the cheque book. He has some sympathy for this new approach given the amount of time, effort and resources put into the technology.

"If I were to invest billions on a development project, I would be disappointed if someone who hasn't invested a single penny uses my technology without permission."

However, Nordberg said he is an outspoken critic of the growing emergence of patent trolls, which buy patents mindlessly and try to sue technology firms in the hope of making some money.

"I respect those who actually spend time and money developing technology, but these guys have only one ambition and that is to make you pay," he said.

Nordberg said he supports Google Inc.'s (GOOG) acquisition of Motororola Mobility Holdings Inc. (MMI), and is sure the deal was about patents. He said Google discussed the deal with partners like Sony Ericsson before it made the purchase and hence he knows the reasoning.

"I'm utterly convinced that the reason Google purchased Motorola was because of patents, and in that light I'm sincerely positive about this deal," he said, adding that Google's patent protection was "a bit weak" before it decided to acquire Motorola.

However, with Sony Ericsson desperate to break further into the U.S. market, where it is currently weak, Nordberg said there must be some protection given to Motorola's rivals. Google's Android operating system is currently the only platform used by Sony Ericsson on its smartphones.

"It's important that Google erects a Chinese Wall between itself and Motorola and that Google makes sure not to grant Motorola any advantages."
xenia
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2011-10-04 06:51

On 2011-10-03 22:55:44, nikos_se wrote:
I dont think that it is test hardware..Because there is a "huge" size difference between 28nm and 45nm,and we all know that space in mobile phones,is used really carefully...After all,"Nozomi" or whatever it is gonna be called wont be a bad phone,just like arc is not a bad phone.It just needs the right pricing...I wouldnt complain if arc had a 16gb flash memory and had launched for 399eur...actually i think it could have done reasonably well...But the arc launched for 550eur+,which i think is gonna be the case with "Nozomi" as well..

It does not seem a problem - mini, mini pro and Arc has absolutely different size, but use the same hardware... Time will tell
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2011-10-04 10:20
I absolutely agree with the posts on pricing here. In India the Arc costs almost the same as Galaxy S2, HTC Sensation and MORE than Optimus 2X.

If the hardware is only mid range, then they should price it accordingly too. Hope Nozomi will be priced sensibly a level below Galaxy S3 and the likes.
S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2011-10-04 14:28
I keep reading about mid-range H/W, is it only CPU, CPU+RAM or CPU+RAM+Other stuff?
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2011-10-04 14:53
is always Over Pricing there Products .. When will Ever Learn Damn U ..
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2011-10-04 15:20
Should start Making Windows Phone.. Comeon
just make a sexy phone and Fix a best camera and U don't have to worry about OS updates that MSFT will look after it..
Dont act cocky like you have billions of cash saved-up .In a year Windows Phone will also Become Popular so Don't be late to join the windows Club.

Start Making RAY,NEO type handsets in Windows OS..
Oogamous
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-10-04 15:26
http://www.facebook.com/media[....]3390.368071.35313373389&type=1

Sony all the way
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2011-10-04 15:37

Its Xperia Pro
argiriano
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-10-04 16:59
Yeah, need Epiphany-IV 64-core RISC co-processor by the WMC!!!

Well I`m not into cutting edge hardwere, but even I realised in last year or two, that more and more people are... so why didn`t get that?
I agree with the pricing either.. it`s the first thing borrow from Sony. it would be nice if they borrow technologies from which is always class leading... but after 10 years we are still far from seeing this happen.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 283284285 ... 362363364  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic