Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 260261262 ... 362363364  Next
Author The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011
koss
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2011-08-29 18:59
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Sonyericsson 8MP exmor sensor is not that good than you think. Next Iphone will have 8MP SONY image sensor that is different from sonyericsson 8 MP exmor sensor and has different lens. If the sonyericsson sensor 8MP Exmor V1 is ~15-20 $, sony sensor and lens kit for next iphone will cost double,, like ~30-40 $ per module. If you will compare in next mounth Iphone 5 vs Xperia Arc you will see a huge image quality difference between photos of the two phones even if the two sensors cames from same manufacture (sony).

Xperia Arc lens are low quality ones and the image sensor came in the market to fast without much tweaking in sensor arhitecture.
Much better was for sonyericsson if they used in new xperia phones kit sensors from samsung, toshiba or other companies. They failed with xperia 2011 photo quality and camera.

Galaxy s2 image sensor has a huge deparasitating hardware filter.. sony ericsson xperia arc lacks one ....

Even latest generations of korean led flash are 2x. 4x performant than sonyericssson used in xperia 2011 family. And they aproach xenon in lumens.. SONY ERICSSON WAKE UP.. we are all asking to wake up but you're sleepin in your pants... WAKE UP !!!

So tell me what's the difference between sonyericsson xenon and samsung latest high power led flash

[ This Message was edited by: koss on 2011-08-29 18:22 ]
idumbakumar
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2011-08-29 19:30
Lot of people may be waiting for android phone with xenon flash.. Im waiting for long time... Even motorola developed one but they failed in quality.. We really dont want a thin phone with xenon.. We simply want xenon with good image quality.. I dont call c901 as thicker phone as its considerably thin for a xenon phone.. So if push something from their effort then they can manage to bring some thinner phones..
The android currently lacks xenon phones.. I doubt samsung keeps something under their roof. If so then they will eat the market again.. Then there will b no place for at least can be good in this segment if they bring a cybershot. Walkman is old story since software trickes no longer cheat android users there are plenty of music players available with great functionality.. So its better to undust some old xenon modules.
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2011-08-31 03:29
if Xenon can't fit on the device why not make it an accessory? I've been waiting for an MXE-60 successor ever since. SE used to have huge portfolio of cool and unique accessories. Sony made NEX series without built in flash and instead add an external module to maintain its size, why SE can't do this is beyond me. also with external flash the product can support multiple devices
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2011-08-31 02:30 ]
10 years at Esato
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-08-31 03:41
I think because external accessories are not as portable and it's one more thing to remember. The idea of external flash accessories go as far back as the T68, hardly a step forward. What we should be asking is that, if alternative technology is available then why is it not being implemented?

Is there no alternative to Xenon? What about Plasma flash or something else that will give a marked improvement in a slim form? It will be breakthroughs such as this that will make a difference.
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2011-08-31 05:13
As i've found, the plasma flash found on some japanese phones were nothing but a glorified LED Flash with a little bit stronger luminance but they are still nowhere near the performance of Xenon flashes, the real plasma bulbs were hot and unreliable and they need separate cooling support to prevent overheating. also they are not power efficient
10 years at Esato
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2011-08-31 11:55
http://pocketnow.com/android/[....]-beats-audio-class-leading-cam

If SE doesnt step up, HTC is taking the camera throne
[ This Message was edited by: motvikt on 2011-08-31 11:30 ]
admad
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2011-08-31 11:59
Sony Ericsson C901 with xenon flash 13mm thick
Sony Ericsson Neo without xenon also 13mm thick

So I don't think that thickness is the issue here, besides many people can live with thicker phone, as long as it has this damn xenon. Also power consumption is high only when using the xenon, so it's also not an issue. User can choice whether he wants long battery or not. IMO xenon flash costs much to implement in phone, and there is no big market desire for it, that's why it was abandoned But someone somewhere will hopefully see that xenon flash is a must in any so called camera phone. And I will be very glad to buy that phone, one exception though, it must be android
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2011-08-31 13:51
HTC's cameras have mostly been utter garbage. I'm not too optimistic about this one either, despite the specs.
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2011-08-31 13:51
HTC cam class-leading LMFAO!!
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2011-08-31 14:30
Maybe SE is also thinking like that. The pride before the fall. Either way, SE is slacking in the camera department. They should make satio2 with android and good specs
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-08-31 15:49

On 2011-08-31 14:30:03, motvikt wrote:
Maybe SE is also thinking like that. The pride before the fall. Either way, SE is slacking in the camera department. They should make satio2 with android and good specs

With all due respect, HTC's camera performance is terrible and it will take a miracle for them to be leaders in this field.

As for SE, they fell a long time ago. SE lost the camera king crown when Nokia released the N86 and haven't recovered to this day. The Satio wasn't bad but the Pixon 12 dashed its hopes of retaining the lost crown. Now we have the arc being voted the best camera device over the SGSII which puzzles me.

I know EISA have set criteria for their selections but the truth of the matter is that the N8 is the reigning king of camera phones.

I'm pretty certain that SE are working on a monster camera phone but the question is are they going to use the best Sony camera on it or go for the cheap stuff.

It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2011-08-31 16:11
SONY talking about ARC S!!!!!!

http://www.ifa-tv.de/webcasts2011/sony/index2.html

Or atleast they will show it!!!

rog
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2011-08-31 16:33
Yep. Don't get too excited though...
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2011-08-31 16:37
Sony Ericsson announces Xperia Arc S at IFA, coming in October

Sony took to the stage at IFA 2011 to unveil its latest handset, the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S. The super-slim device just got a few bumps in features, including a 1.4GHz CPU, a "Reality Display," and the ability to take both 2D and 3D panoramic images.

Developing...
[ This Message was edited by: smclion102 on 2011-08-31 15:42 ]
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-08-31 16:39

On 2011-08-31 16:33:50, rog wrote:
Yep. Don't get too excited though...

This post will surely disappoint a few, rog. I just hope they have something spectacular for next year if they go past this year unscathed.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 260261262 ... 362363364  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic