Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011

Previous  123 ... 253254255 ... 362363364  Next
Author The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011
Mizzle
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-08-18 14:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2011-08-18 13:24:13, Xajel wrote:
[...] as most Tegra 2 based tablets ( including Xoom and Transformer ) have some lagging when handling the UI in the tablet high resolution screen as Tegra 2 was designed to be a phone SOC not a tablet SOC + GPU wasn't that important that days ( no accelerated UI yet )

That's a ridiculous point and completely invalid. Honeycomb is almost fully GPU accelerated, only some rarely used components are not yet accelerated. The Honeycomb launcher is written in Renderscript, utilizing both CPU and GPU power on the device.

Besides, you can't say that one GPU is not more powerful than another because it lags in some areas. That could be caused by software. Besides, there's no way to fairly compare Tegra and A5, because they don't run on the same platform and Objective C programming (used in iOS) is more efficient compared to Java, which is used in most Android applications. Renderscript is native programming as well, so that'll be quite efficient.

Also, it's worth point out that I've got a Honeycomb tablet myself that runs perfectly smooth without any sort of lagging. There goes your point... again.
[ This Message was edited by: Mizzle on 2011-08-18 13:08 ]
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-08-18 19:29
This screenshot was posted today on SE's product blog:

Look at the Media folder on bottom dockbar. New kind of folders?
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
lolstebbo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-08-18 21:43

On 2011-08-18 19:29:27, mediar wrote:
This screenshot was posted today on SE's product blog:

Look at the Media folder on bottom dockbar. New kind of folders?

I smell an impending Apple lawsuit if that is the new folder.
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-08-18 22:52
Tegra 3, is quad core, and uses less power than tegra2. I really look forward to quad core phones, even dual core phones struggle at times for .mkv files..

Also Sony ericsson was able to have 1500mh battery on the xperia ray, which was pretty small compared to the arc's battery, so I think sony ericsson should be able to put in 1800-2200mh battery in the bigger form...
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
koss
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2011-08-19 20:47
Eldar Murtazin said today that "Sony Ericsson has no chances as well and its disappearance is the question of time. Times are changing and these companies have no place in the market. Even Nokia, which seemed invincible several years ago is going down."
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-08-19 22:06
I have to agree... Remember what happened with the Roman Empire in the fifth century? It was destroyed by a bunch of dumbasses.
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2011-08-20 02:32
Here’s what Sony Ericsson Mobile BRAVIA Engine really does [REVIEW]

If you have been keeping track you would know that the recent batch of high-end Xperia smartphones pack some of the best LCD displays we have seen. Their Reality displays might lack a bit in viewing angles, but their image quality is downright splendid, and as the company would gladly tell anyone, their new Mobile BRAVIA Engine certainly plays a big part in delivering it.

Editorial: This short technology review is entirely based on the Sony Ericsson Xperia ray however we’ve managed to confirm the same results on the Xperia Arc as well.

The good news is the BRAVIA Engine does everything that Sony Ericsson promises it will do. It enhances sharpness, increases contrast and saturation and tries to tackle digital noise. Of course, that only works with photos and videos, so you shouldn’t be looking for its effect elsewhere.
koss
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2011-08-20 10:00
Much better SUPER AMOLED PLUS except power consumption on white screen. Bravia engine is just a marketing trick also like Exmor sensor that give us awful photo quality.
I think these days consumers are smart enough to see a difference between marketing tricks and real facts in electronics.
admad
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2011-08-20 10:05

On 2011-08-20 02:32:14, smclion102 wrote:
Here’s what Sony Ericsson Mobile BRAVIA Engine really does [REVIEW]

If you have been keeping track you would know that the recent batch of high-end Xperia smartphones pack some of the best LCD displays we have seen. Their Reality displays might lack a bit in viewing angles, but their image quality is downright splendid, and as the company would gladly tell anyone, their new Mobile BRAVIA Engine certainly plays a big part in delivering it.

Editorial: This short technology review is entirely based on the Sony Ericsson Xperia ray however we’ve managed to confirm the same results on the Xperia Arc as well.

The good news is the BRAVIA Engine does everything that Sony Ericsson promises it will do. It enhances sharpness, increases contrast and saturation and tries to tackle digital noise. Of course, that only works with photos and videos, so you shouldn’t be looking for its effect elsewhere.

Guess what? BRAVIA Engine is just a software boost. Means it can be done on ALL phones. I have it on my x10, that doesn't have so called Reality display And it works
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2011-08-20 12:24
Luster White Xperia arc spotted (again)

It has been a while since we’ve heard any rumours about a white version of the Sony Ericsson Xperia arc. However, a few photos have emerged from an Xperia ray launch conference in Asia where somebody was caressing this white beauty.

The model was glossy white which fits in with the white versions of other handsets like the Xperia X10, Xperia PLAY and upcoming Xperia ray. We don’t know when this will release (it may even be the Sony Ericsson LT18i i.e. the rumoured 1.4GHz Xperia arc refresh), however we’ll keep you posted. You can see a few larger pictures after the break.

Via
http://translate.google.com/t[....]//news.cnmo.com/10/106418.html

http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]hite-xperia-arc-spotted-again/
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-08-20 18:44
Rumour has it there could be an orange Xperia Play on the horizon. source
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2011-08-20 19:30

On 2011-08-20 18:44:13, goldenface wrote:

Looks ugly
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-08-20 19:38

On 2011-08-20 18:44:13, goldenface wrote:

Looks sexy
[ This Message was edited by: adsada on 2011-08-20 18:39 ]
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-08-20 20:32
Wow! That's what I call "a really ugly phone"...
Mediar's Site
king-james
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM
Posted: 2011-08-20 23:44
White looks much better than the ugly old silver! Black & White best main colours! Silver is out!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 253254255 ... 362363364  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic