Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011

Visitors browsing this topic: 2
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 252253254 ... 362363364  Next
Author The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2011-08-17 08:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2011-08-16 11:36:50, koss wrote:
Eldar said a year ago that Motorola and SonyEricsson will die. Motorola just died.. will die soon... (

Yeah Eldar said also that Arc sucks... but guess what !!
back2you
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-08-17 11:36

On 2011-08-17 08:42:31, Xajel wrote:

On 2011-08-16 11:36:50, koss wrote:
Eldar said a year ago that Motorola and SonyEricsson will die. Motorola just died.. will die soon... (

Yeah Eldar said also that Arc sucks... but guess what !!

Eldar said again again

Eldar big fansboy for samsung

i don't care about What Eldar said .

I remember when he said that Sony Ericsson will be sold to Siemens

Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-08-17 14:26

On 2011-08-15 13:36:57, Dups! wrote:
You guys are supportive of the disappointing SE. You wish and hope for the best when you know exactly how the results are going to be like.

Leave room for disappointment, as per norm SE will be behind somewhere. If it is a ground-breaking device then it will be released after Samsung or HTC have released their competing devices. If it is a dual core phone then it will be a 1.2ghz one, that's just what SE has become.

Frankly, I don't expect much anymore, in fact, I'm having serious doubts about them releasing a dual core phone this year.

rog basically confirmed my suspicions that SE has nothing in the way of a dual core phone this year.

I hope, for their sake, that they will be able to compete head-on with Samsung and HTC next year (that's if they actually manage to make any profits this year) and not be stuck with dual core phones when the two would be on quad-core.

Dual core phones will probably be relegated to mid-end in the second half of next year.

It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Karun
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-08-17 21:16
So if we have to speculate, and as some sources suggest, SE will launch atleast 3 devices on Oct 1.

First up will be the 1.4Ghz single core powered device, sporting HD - 720p resolution.

Anything on the other two? The other has the same resolution as the Arc with a 1.4ghz processor? Maybe with a slide out keyboard?

Btw..just curious. When are quad core powered devices slated to be outed? H2 2012?
For all Sony Mobile news:
Sony Mobile Evangelist
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-08-17 22:50
No, I didn't think there would be a dual core from SE this year. I'd like to see them skip dual and to straight to quad. They need the tech blog column inches in order to ramp up the hype.
king-james
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM
Posted: 2011-08-18 00:37
I prefer more 720p screen than dual-core.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-08-18 08:11

On 2011-08-17 22:50:50, goldenface wrote:
No, I didn't think there would be a dual core from SE this year. I'd like to see them skip dual and to straight to quad. They need the tech blog column inches in order to ramp up the hype.

That would be my wish too. If they announce a quad-core phone at MWC then I'd be happy with their dual-core phones that will be coming out next year, they will be perfect supporting casts to their mighty quad-core super phone or phones. Obviously, the single core phones will be low-mid-end phones next year.

@karun

The last time I checked, quad-core processors were slated for H2 of next year.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2011-08-18 09:20
why do we need quad core? I had the Samsung Galaxy S2 and yes it was quick but unless apps get alot more CPU intensive on phones (when the battery certainly can't keep up yet) I can't imagine wanting quad core. This just sounds like the CPU mghz race and the camera megapixel race all over again.

I reckon that dual core should be sufficient for most mobile phone apps and its really down to O/S gurus to maximise performance of their O/S rather than do what Microsoft did prior to windows 7 and rely on hardware to provide performance.
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2011-08-18 09:25

On 2011-08-18 09:20:32, masseur wrote:
why do we need quad core? I had the Samsung Galaxy S2 and yes it was quick but unless apps get alot more CPU intensive on phones (when the battery certainly can't keep up yet) I can't imagine wanting quad core. This just sounds like the CPU mghz race and the camera megapixel race all over again.

I reckon that dual core should be sufficient for most mobile phone apps and its really down to O/S gurus to maximise performance of their O/S rather than do what Microsoft did prior to windows 7 and rely on hardware to provide performance.

Yaa totally agree Dual COre more than Enough for smartphones ,Quad Core would be better for Tablets ..

Its Like Windows Vista VS Win7
Mizzle
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-08-18 09:32

On 2011-08-18 09:20:32, masseur wrote:

Android versions prior to Honeycomb don't take advantage of more than one processing unit at a time, so that's basically why you don't feel much of a difference or improvement.
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2011-08-18 09:39
indeed. most of the perceived speed improvement is simply the faster 1ghz processor.

Apps can individually take advantage of the dual core outside of the O/S support which still leaves plenty of available power when phones do have honeycomb (or later), which confirms my argument of why we yet need quad core?
Mizzle
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-08-18 09:55

On 2011-08-18 09:39:57, masseur wrote:
indeed. most of the perceived speed improvement is simply the faster 1ghz processor.

Apps can individually take advantage of the dual core outside of the O/S support which still leaves plenty of available power when phones do have honeycomb (or later), which confirms my argument of why we yet need quad core?

Sorry masseur, I must have misread your post.

Anyway, I do see a need for more processing power on phones as well as tablets, though not necessarily as much on the CPU. If you have a look at Tegra 3 (Kal-El), you'll note that it has lower power consumption than its predecessor, which was used in a number of phones, including the LG Optimus 2X. With the upcoming release of Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), the OS will have greater hardware requirements and it will rely more on the GPU for giving that butter smooth experience.

GPU acceleration for user interfaces was added in Honeycomb, and it's such a great improvement compared to previous versions. With GPU acceleration in ICS, manufacturers will need to include great GPU's in their products and there's no denying that Tegra is perhaps the best choice right now.
[ This Message was edited by: Mizzle on 2011-08-18 08:56 ]
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-08-18 10:51
Exactly, Miz!
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2011-08-18 12:52
But SE will only use qualcomm in their phones. Perhaps also ST-ericsson some day. Also the new nvidia quadcore is pretty big (in actual size), 80mm2 (tegra2 49mm2) so maybe it will be hard to fit in a phone.

I think SE will use the normal qualcomm dualcore. Best case scenario maybe krait, but SE seems to suck at getting hardware out fast so i doubt it. I dont even think they can compete with processors, they should focus on cameras and interface.

edit. Hope SE understands the importance of this
http://androidandme.com/2011/[....]8nm-device-this-calendar-year/

HTC will probably have a monster device ready with this
[ This Message was edited by: motvikt on 2011-08-18 11:55 ]
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2011-08-18 13:24

On 2011-08-18 09:55:05, Mizzle wrote:

On 2011-08-18 09:39:57, masseur wrote:

Sorry masseur, I must have misread your post.

Anyway, I do see a need for more processing power on phones as well as tablets, though not necessarily as much on the CPU. If you have a look at Tegra 3 (Kal-El), you'll note that it has lower power consumption than its predecessor, which was used in a number of phones, including the LG Optimus 2X. With the upcoming release of Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), the OS will have greater hardware requirements and it will rely more on the GPU for giving that butter smooth experience.

GPU acceleration for user interfaces was added in Honeycomb, and it's such a great improvement compared to previous versions. With GPU acceleration in ICS, manufacturers will need to include great GPU's in their products and there's no denying that Tegra is perhaps the best choice right now.
[ This Message was edited by: Mizzle on 2011-08-18 08:56 ]

It's a wide misunderstood that Tegra is the best in GPU...
Tegra 2 toke the crown for short time... and is best for phones not tablets, as most Tegra 2 based tablets ( including Xoom and Transformer ) have some lagging when handling the UI in the tablet high resolution screen as Tegra 2 was designed to be a phone SOC not a tablet SOC + GPU wasn't that important that days ( no accelerated UI yet )
currently iPad 2's A5 is the best, but A5 in a phone ( iPhone 5 ) will use lower performance chip ( CPU and GPU sides ) in order to reduce battery consumption...
before A5, TI had the best GPU in wild... as they used the PowerVR SGX544 GPU...
Qualcomm uses their own Adreno GPU's ( bought from AMD ) and these parts are same level as Tegra 2 or older PowerVR SGX540 depending on exact model ( Adreno 205/220 )...

the A5 in iPad2 uses PowerVR SGX543MP2 ( which is basically 2x SGX543 ) and this is still not the fastest part

ST Ericsson uses Mali which is powerful too, but not as powerful as what PowerVR have...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 252253254 ... 362363364  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic