Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011

Previous  123 ... 244245246 ... 362363364  Next
Author The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011
Karun
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-08-07 14:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Sony Ericsson is working on a 3D (glasses-free) device with a 4.7 inch display?

http://androidandme.com/2011/[....]-3d-device-how-big-is-too-big/

Anything on this?
For all Sony Mobile news:
Sony Mobile Evangelist
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2011-08-07 14:19

On 2011-08-07 13:42:51, king-james wrote:
@ Dups

I had the Galaxy S2 five weeks, but I was unhappy with that. Many small things have bothered me, so I have sold it and bought the ARC. And I must say, the ARC looks and feels much better for me! Above all, it's much cheaper! And I don't feel a big difference in speed! I think single cores are still good enough. But maybe a lil bit more than 1Ghz, 1,4Ghz for example. I can say the batterylife, voice quality during calls, loudspeaker and the cam are much better in compare to the GalaxyS2!!
And one thing is certain, I won't buy the Galaxy S2 again! I love my sexy ARC!

ARC is sure the best single core out there..
S2 will be perfect when ice cream sandwich comes out this q4 until then no point buyin a dual core phone..
[How come S2 sold like in millions?] whn the device isn't perfect?

I am just hoping we would see Duo in Q3 or Q4. I want DUO with Icecream sandwich when tht OS is out..
[ This Message was edited by: smclion102 on 2011-08-07 13:24 ]
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2011-08-07 14:23

On 2011-08-07 14:16:22, Karun wrote:
Sony Ericsson is working on a 3D (glasses-free) device with a 4.7 inch display?

http://androidandme.com/2011/[....]-3d-device-how-big-is-too-big/

Anything on this?

Old new bhai... nothing more other than those rumored details..

Ppl are not yet ready for 3d .. 3D
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-08-07 15:12
@king-james

One thing you will not get from any other phone is the user experience SE provides, it truly is unparalleled. I'm not surprised you write 'small things' bothered you cause that is what SE does best- they make small thing count in terms of their excellent user experience.

The point I've been driving home is that SE needs a better phone compared to the competition to make a lot of profit while enticing new users. This in turn creates a positive image of SE and operators will stock more of SE's products without hesitation. That is another thing that hurts SE, operators are hesitant in stocking products that won't bring in much profit.

As smclion102 has stated, the next Android OS will definitely make use of the dual cores of these dual core phones.

I have played with the arc myself and it is a stunning piece of device for a single core phone but will soon be not much of a match when Google go dual core in the next upgrade.

As it is, the GSII is selling like hot cakes compared to the arc or any SE phone. Do you think the arc would have sold this slow had it been a dual core? I don't think so.

Like I wrote, SE has the design, ergonomics and software optimization- all they need now is to up the ante on the hardware. They need to be current or ahead, which they can do.

Their devices still carry a lot of hype with them when announced so it is not all gloom and doom.

My suggestion to them would be come up with a 12mp, dual core phone with a Xenon flash now in September or October and then next year at MWC come up with a 16mp Xenon flash equipped one, possibly quad-core.
Like Bert said previously, the days of a flagship lasting a year are over.

Sure, megapixels don't mean much but to the average person (and the average person is in the majority) they mean a lot. That coupled with an excellent marketing plan will translate into more sales. That the phones will be Android is another plus.

TAKE THE BLOODY RISK SE, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE.

It takes a great flagship to turn a phone manufacturer's fortunes around and right now SE needs that savior of a phone.
[ This Message was edited by: Dups! on 2011-08-07 14:21 ]
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2011-08-07 15:27
LG optimus 3d and HTC EVO 3d both flopped and SE decides to go 3d, thats funny I dont even think SE is so stupid that they would release a flagship with 3d. Hopefully we will have the option to choose with or without. I dont trust sony here at all. Wouldnt surprise if sony forces SE to develop it.
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2011-08-07 16:09
@Dups!
Totally agree with u look at Galaxy S and SII cause of this Samsung is the 2nd largest manufacture it even Beat Nokia.
HTC also earning lot of profits every Quarter they earn lots of cash. Cause they launch their product quick enough and use the latest hardware.
their phone design also suck big time with similar looks n crappy camera.
Even samsung has bad design but they sell in millions.

Actually dont even have to take risk why dont they just use the latest Hardware and use a better camera . this formula will take them much forward.
Launch your phones Earlier or at the same time along with other manufactures thats more than enough for you to earn profits..
Grow some balls
[ This Message was edited by: smclion102 on 2011-08-07 15:38 ]
koss
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2011-08-07 17:03

On 2011-08-07 15:12:00, Dups! wrote:
@king-james

One thing you will not get from any other phone is the user experience SE provides, it truly is unparalleled. I'm not surprised you write 'small things' bothered you cause that is what SE does best- they make small thing count in terms of their excellent user experience.

The point I've been driving home is that SE needs a better phone compared to the competition to make a lot of profit while enticing new users. This in turn creates a positive image of SE and operators will stock more of SE's products without hesitation. That is another thing that hurts SE, operators are hesitant in stocking products that won't bring in much profit.

As smclion102 has stated, the next Android OS will definitely make use of the dual cores of these dual core phones.

I have played with the arc myself and it is a stunning piece of device for a single core phone but will soon be not much of a match when Google go dual core in the next upgrade.

As it is, the GSII is selling like hot cakes compared to the arc or any SE phone. Do you think the arc would have sold this slow had it been a dual core? I don't think so.

Like I wrote, SE has the design, ergonomics and software optimization- all they need now is to up the ante on the hardware. They need to be current or ahead, which they can do.

Their devices still carry a lot of hype with them when announced so it is not all gloom and doom.

My suggestion to them would be come up with a 12mp, dual core phone with a Xenon flash now in September or October and then next year at MWC come up with a 16mp Xenon flash equipped one, possibly quad-core.
Like Bert said previously, the days of a flagship lasting a year are over.

Sure, megapixels don't mean much but to the average person (and the average person is in the majority) they mean a lot. That coupled with an excellent marketing plan will translate into more sales. That the phones will be Android is another plus.

TAKE THE BLOODY RISK SE, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE.

It takes a great flagship to turn a phone manufacturer's fortunes around and right now SE needs that savior of a phone.
[ This Message was edited by: Dups! on 2011-08-07 14:21 ]

+1
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2011-08-07 17:12
I think SE really needs to reorganise their company to compete with samsung and HTC. HTC gets a new processor and BAM they release a phone. SE release a flagship in Mars every year...

There is always a lot of talk about SE being a company full of bureaucracy and a slow chain of command. Hopefully they will learn 2012. When qualcomm release the new "krait" they should have a phone ready.
back2you
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-08-07 17:22

On 2011-08-07 08:05:18, mediar wrote:

On 2011-08-07 01:35:36, back2you wrote:
Again deleted pictures taken by LT18i

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/view?q=LT18i&psc=G&filter=1

FACEPALM. Look, I found another deleted picture, and this time it's taken by QX20i - https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/view?q=QX20i&psc=G&filter=1 . Is that another phone by SE that's going to be announced soon? What does QX mean? And why is it 20? Explain us...

Not to mention that I found a couple of other deleted photos, taken by unknown SE phones:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/view?q=WR18i&psc=G&filter=1
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/view?q=RS22i&psc=G&filter=1
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/view?q=YU19i&psc=G&filter=1
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/view?q=PN10i&psc=G&filter=1

On 2011-08-07 02:40:48, SE cz wrote:
Think about Xperia duo = worst fake ever, think about rumours here, W15? not anymore ...

Yes, because not a single rumour, given by back2you turned out to be true.

Anyway, back2you, we just don't need your stupid fake rumours and lies. Right? If you have something useful to share, do it. Otherwise, don't float this threat with sh#ts.
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2011-08-07 07:25 ]

what about this

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/view?q=FK6i&psc=G&filter=1

mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-08-07 18:15

[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2011-08-07 17:21 ]
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
FMW300
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2011-08-07 18:31
There are a few 5mp photos found when searched WT19i
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/view?q=wt19i&psc=G&filter=1
T230 > W300 > W890 > W705 > Live > Xperia T > Xperia Z2a > Xperia X > Xperia XZ2
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2011-08-07 20:36
2013 OMAP processors will allow for all-day battery life says TI

Texas Instrument's Brian Carlson says that by 2013, it will be producing OMAP chips using a 20nm process. And this line of chips will allow for "true all-day computing" according to Carlson. With low battery life currently a major issue for Android phones, a processor that allows a phone to be used all-day without a recharge is sure to find a place under the hood of some high-end smartphones using the Google open source OS.

http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]y-battery-life-says-TI_id20954
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2011-08-07 20:56

On 2011-08-07 18:15:11, mediar wrote:

[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2011-08-07 17:21 ]

well said sir
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2011-08-07 21:22
A lot of you forget that the earthquake in Japan had a massive say in sales and plans this year. Its true that sales of Arc and Play were disappointing but not having Neo out on time also contributed to poor results, also the Ray would be released early if was on a high. All the devices this year have been competitive in every aspect apart from the super high end but you can't blame them for playing safe after a crap 2010.

Personally, I think that at the beginning of the year wanted to be stable by making good competitive devices which would provide a platform to release their dual core device but the earthquake did not help at all. have not done much wrong this year, its just bad luck for them. Unfortunately, in difficult times you wonder when the new devices will be announced; can they afford to take the risk or not, who knows?

There is a dual core device 100% but maybe it should come with ice-cream sandwich, that would make more sense. WP7 is also back in contention depending on how Nokia do (they should release their devices soon) and it wouldn't surprise me if released a WP7 device soon after Nokia. In general, there are 12 and 16MP camera devices around from other manufacturers so that maybe the latest flavour this Christmas. Anyway, September is around the right time for announcements and leaks from everyone.
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2011-08-08 04:04

On 2011-08-07 21:22:14, badassmam wrote:
A lot of you forget that the earthquake in Japan had a massive say in sales and plans this year. Its true that sales of Arc and Play were disappointing but not having Neo out on time also contributed to poor results, also the Ray would be released early if was on a high. All the devices this year have been competitive in every aspect apart from the super high end but you can't blame them for playing safe after a crap 2010.

Personally, I think that at the beginning of the year wanted to be stable by making good competitive devices which would provide a platform to release their dual core device but the earthquake did not help at all. have not done much wrong this year, its just bad luck for them. Unfortunately, in difficult times you wonder when the new devices will be announced; can they afford to take the risk or not, who knows?

There is a dual core device 100% but maybe it should come with ice-cream sandwich, that would make more sense. WP7 is also back in contention depending on how Nokia do (they should release their devices soon) and it wouldn't surprise me if released a WP7 device soon after Nokia. In general, there are 12 and 16MP camera devices around from other manufacturers so that maybe the latest flavour this Christmas. Anyway, September is around the right time for announcements and leaks from everyone.

+1 Exactly what I wanted to say.
Their 2011 line-up is very competitive sadly many devices got delayed because of that earthquake especially Xperia neo and pro.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 244245246 ... 362363364  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic