Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 154155156 ... 362363364  Next
Author The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011
avmaxfan
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2011-02-15 10:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2011-02-15 10:03:50, Legen wrote:
so htc just showed its stuff. super boring. kinda looks like sonyericsson has the best phones this mwc

HTC just showed a few "mid range" and low end phones. They are yet to announce their high ends.
Xperia Neo will compare with Desire S
[ This Message was edited by: avmaxfan on 2011-02-15 09:48 ]
Legen
W960
PM
Posted: 2011-02-15 10:55

On 2011-02-15 10:41:52, avmaxfan wrote:

On 2011-02-15 10:03:50, Legen wrote:
so htc just showed its stuff. super boring. kinda looks like sonyericsson has the best phones this mwc

HTC just showed a few "mid range" and low end phones. They are yet to announce their high ends.
Xperia Neo will compare with Desire S
[ This Message was edited by: avmaxfan on 2011-02-15 09:48 ]

a bit unlikely. Why would they open with sucky phones 1st? Thats not the trend. Even samsung anounced galaxy s 2 then later showed its mid-ends, e.g new wave, etc.
justus333
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2011-02-15 12:23
@ zub,

I agree totally with you on most things, but...SE still has this thing it always had and it actually shares with Apple! And that´s a certain "sexyiness" in their devices! I for one was dying to get the X10 but for the first time in my life had the maturity to hold back due to its known issues. BUt albeit being a device far away from the offerings of its competitors, it was (is) still BY FAR the most appealing device out there. Now it seems that they managed to produce some new gadgets that are partly even more sexy, but without the shortcomings of their previous line-up! SO this time I wont be able to hold back!

And yes, I´ve looked at all the Samsung and Lg and they just dont even make my toe nail move. After all it´s not only about high end tech but also about "emotions" and here SE win hands down. Apart from that, although Im tech interested, as opposed to most people out on the streets, I dont really get the difference between all the screens, speed etc...anymore. Have the Iphone 3gs and couldnt be bothered to upgrade to the 4g because better screen is not so a better feature if the standard screen already is very good!
So I do think that with good support of the carriers, Se could have some winners here.
Just waiting now for the Iphone successor or even better the Iphone nano.....
pmugghc
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-02-15 12:24
Moreover HTC Desire S will not be available until the second half of 2011! Jeez, HTC lost the plot it seems, they are overemphasizing their Sense stuff, so they even announced a 7" tablet with 2.4 since they didn't have time to get Sense onto 3.0. The other guys (Motorola, Samsung, LG et al) have all gone with vanilla 3.0 for their new tablets , smart move I think.

Now, where is SE on the tablet front, any new rumors ? I recall some old statement that SE will not do tablets but Sony might.
KU
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-02-15 12:35
Tablets suck, Nothing ground breaking this year at MWC no fire nowhere even the optimus 3D and galaxy S II, hasn't impressed me that much. I hope that HTC will save the day, dualcore suck and take all the innovative hype away, only evolutions no revolutions.
jack00
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-02-15 12:36

On 2011-02-15 12:24:52, pmugghc wrote:
Now, where is SE on the tablet front, any new rumors ? I recall some old statement that SE will not do tablets but Sony might.

the question rather is, if the market needs another android tablet
i say no
they are all doing the same stuff and are priced significantly higher then the iPad - fail
the only tablet thats shining out of the mass currently is the asus slate, with wacom digitizer and i5 for 999dollar
pmugghc
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-02-15 12:38

On 2011-02-15 12:35:18, KU wrote:
Tablets suck, Nothing ground breaking this year at MWC no fire nowhere even the optimus 3D and galaxy S II, hasn't impressed me that much. I hope that HTC will save the day, dualcore suck and take all the innovative hype away, only evolutions no revolutions.

How do you mean "hope HTC will save the day", do you mean for SE ? Clearly HTC's lineup at MWC 2011 today wasn't impressive at all.
KU
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-02-15 12:56

On 2011-02-15 12:38:12, pmugghc wrote:
How do you mean "hope HTC will save the day", do you mean for SE ? Clearly HTC's lineup at MWC 2011 today wasn't impressive at all.

Yep dumb MWC. Where are the big guns Optimus 3D is the most innovative device too less. They should have call it optimus chocolate prada 3D secret. Looks like any revolution is possible before the Iphone 5.
[ This Message was edited by: KU on 2011-02-15 12:00 ]
koss
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2011-02-15 13:07
Right now.. my personal opinion..

1 SAMSUNG
2 LG
3 Nokia
4 HTC
5 Apple

where is sonyericsson..... is on 6 place..Luckly with all excited fans here. Me.. no more I am a excited fan.
I am not saying that New xperia family( Arc, Neo, Pro, Play) s**ks but they are not extraordinary phones with nothig out of ordinary.
Where is a manual equaliser (not presets) in music player?? Did sony ericsson manage to make one?
Vga front camera( 0,3 MP) when all the competition has 1.3 or 2 MP front facing cams?! Maybe is not that important for many people but in case of video call, quality is much better and you can zoom more or make HD chat with 2 Mp cam... so.. only VGA.
Where is the support and where are the (in time) updates for all sonyericsson product range?
Xperia Arc is X10 in new clothes.
Technologies such Exmor R and Mobile Bravia Engine are only marketing facts.. not something extraordinary.
All are mid-range phones.. and maybe will be all midrange phones with high-end phone price.. because Sonyericsson don't have a flagship to compete with other mobile phones producers...
This is the true Sonyericsson right now is fighting in the mid-range market, no more interest from for the highest battle.
argiriano
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-02-15 13:20
Incredible S will be in stores in early Q2 with Froyo the same proccesor as Arc and just a little bit more RAM.
Desire S will have the same specs as Neo, just a little bit more RAM but will be shiped 3 months latter.

So it looks like isn`t that bad for 2011 as somebody want them to be.
KU
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-02-15 13:20

On 2011-01-26 09:34:13, back2you wrote:

On 2011-01-24 08:04:30, smclion102 wrote:

On 2011-01-23 20:17:53, back2you wrote:
- fast update for android phones ( √ ) NOW confirm BY CEO with new 400 developers
- no wp7 ( √ )
- more Accessories for android phones ( √ )
- 3D , hd " high resolution " displays / 2011 ( ~ )
- more surprise / 2011 ( √ ) NOW confirm BY CEO
- pico-projector with autofocus / 2011 ( √ )
- Qriocity™ for android / 2011 ( √ )
- ps phones / 2011 ( √ )
- Exmor R , 16 mp with full hd record 1080p / 2011 ( √ )
- full Arabic support / 2011 ( √ )
- dualcore maybe " micro cell from sony or ST-Ericsson U8500 or Snapdragon " / 2011 ( √ ) NOW confirm BY CEO
- all informations for 2011 " first half & second half "
New informations
- No tablet from SonyEricsson but Something exciting is coming with 5.5 inch display
[ This Message was edited by: back2you on 2011-01-23 19:22 ]

1:ok
2:ok
3:ok
4:wrong
5:ok
6:wrong
7:not anounce, so wrong
8:ok
9:ok for japan but wrong for us
10:ok
11:ok thanks to aurelius info
12:wrong no info
13:wrong
You won by 7-6 close credinility rate = 55%, or I must say 50/50, you are a lier or your friend make fun of you.

Edit @koss: first of all HTC, Nokia and SE=same fight. LG and Samsung are superior, and once again xperia arc is way better than x10, battery life plus screen plus camera plus software plus sound plus internet even the neo is better than x10. front facing camera quality looks way better than VGA more 1.3 mpx like check out at 3.50 min http://www.youtube.com/watch?[....]feature=player_embedded#at=233 . Still no 1gb ram and no dual core so you can spit on SE with your motorola Atrix, optimus 2x/3D, and galaxy S2.
[ This Message was edited by: KU on 2011-02-15 12:36 ]
back2you
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-02-15 13:41
guys , I do not lie to the announcement of Sony Ericsson devices to the first quarter only, except xperia Pro, there must be announcement soon maybe April-May for the company to devices the second quarter
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2011-02-15 13:45
Based on HTC's huge profits, they don't need to announce the dual core now and with the success of all their phones, they can apply these minor updates and get away with it. Don't forget, they have to launch the new WP7 devices as well as the high end stuff so there is much to expect from them. What are people expecting to do for the next announcement? Mini's and low ends? The press are really loving the HTC's at the minute, they're not spectacular or anything but consistently good. Neo seems to edge the Desire S but Sense is brilliant, thats why I'm all HTC now.

Qualcomm dual core devices will be announced later, don't know how much later from but HTC's next announcement should be something nice as always. Apple's announcement grabs more headlines than MWC so that is when the high end stuff will emerge which makes MWC a bit whack compared to the past. Samsung and LG have pumped huge resources into MWC to get out the latest hardware which may work out for them. Lets see what happens when they announce the iPhone 5

Anyways, E3 gaming Expo is in June which will feature the Sony NGP. It would be a good place to promote the Play as well as release some of its big titles. The problem is that the NGP will be there and gamers are very critical at these shows, they're even more difficult to please than Esato members So far I'm not liking the Play because the games are crap so I don't see any purpose for it. I'm one of those suckers who bought the Ngage but I did love Tomb Raider, Tony Hawk and some 3d tennis game. This Play desperately needs some serious games.
io_bg
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2011-02-15 13:51

On 2011-02-15 13:07:47, koss wrote:

I wonder whether you really use your video call camera or you just want another "extra". VGA isn't that bad, in fact, it's good that they've put one (unlike previous SE phones). When the Arc comes out, we'll see whether they'll update it regularly. Stop blaming them for the slow updates for the X10 family. And, if you're saying that Play is an ordinary phone, can you think of any other one which has hardware gaming controls? And last (but not least), it's easy to see that the Bravia screens are better than the ordinary LCD ones and that Exmor-R sensors perform better than CMOS ones.

On 2011-02-15 13:41:59, back2you wrote:
guys , I do not lie to the announcement of Sony Ericsson devices to the first quarter only, except xperia Pro, there must be announcement soon maybe April-May for the company to devices the second quarter

Now we all know whether to trust you or not; if I were you, I would stop posting here.
[ This Message was edited by: io_bg on 2011-02-15 12:52 ]
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2011-02-15 13:58

On 2011-02-15 13:07:47, koss wrote:

1 SAMSUNG
2 LG
3 Nokia
4 HTC
5 Apple

where is sonyericsson..... is on 6 place..Luckly with all excited fans here. Me.. no more I am a excited fan.
I am not saying that New xperia family( Arc, Neo, Pro, Play) s**ks but they are not extraordinary phones with nothig out of ordinary.
Where is a manual equaliser (not presets) in music player?? Did sony ericsson manage to make one?
Vga front camera( 0,3 MP) when all the competition has 1.3 or 2 MP front facing cams?! Maybe is not that important for many people but in case of video call, quality is much better and you can zoom more or make HD chat with 2 Mp cam... so.. only VGA.
Where is the support and where are the (in time) updates for all sonyericsson product range?
Xperia Arc is X10 in new clothes.
Technologies such Exmor R and Mobile Bravia Engine are only marketing facts.. not something extraordinary.
All are mid-range phones.. and maybe will be all midrange phones with high-end phone price.. because Sonyericsson don't have a flagship to compete with other mobile phones producers...
This is the true Sonyericsson right now is fighting in the mid-range market, no more interest from for the highest battle.

Maybe it would have made sense, but then you put nokia as third which makes you a fanboy or just stupid
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 154155156 ... 362363364  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic