Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011

Visitors browsing this topic: 2
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 108109110 ... 362363364  Next
Author The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011
Michalis3
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2011-02-01 23:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2011-02-01 22:50:00, badassmam wrote:
I thought the Bravia engine is only used for videos and media, not for the menus? Maybe the screen is simply better than Hallon hence the price.

Any ideas on the Duo? Dual camera perhaps like the LG (dropped here a while ago), dual core or a keyboard? Everything but the Duo has been leaked in a fair bit of detail, makes you wonder what they're hiding. Surely it can't be just Hallon with a qwerty.

But I thought that only four new phones will be presented in Barcelona at MWC. So far we have Sony Ericsson XPERIA Arc, Neo, Play and Duo will be unveiled soon. My prediction is that Duo will be the successor to X10 mini but who knows. We will find out very soon nevertheless.
io_bg
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2011-02-01 23:10
On 2011-02-01 22:21:51, ^^HAMID^^ wrote:
or maybe for Bravia engine

Both phones have that engine
kewsvnet
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-02-01 23:26
I am not suggesting it would look like the Arc screen

however the unusual indent in the screen of Hallon looks a bit weird especially compared to all other phones so i think something should be goin on top of it in the final version

On 2011-02-01 22:14:36, goldenface wrote:
Well even if the screen protector was placed over Hallon's screen it would have to a very tight fit for it to look as good. There will always be that 'gap' no matter how tight the fit was.

zub
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2011-02-02 00:03
you guys are all deluded if you think these offerings are great from and it will save them and/or doing a great job for 2011. apart from fan boys, who in their right mind would pick up a hallon or arc over any other phone from any of the other big manufacturers? especially considering the pricing will be the same.

of course i am comparing these phones to phones that will actually be out at the time actually get hallon and arc, neo, etc out to market.... massively behind competition.

if MWC does not produce a proper good surprise, im afraid, in my book at least have failed 2011. same shit all over again.
pmugghc
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-02-02 02:01
@zub:
How many of the competitors will have 2.3 phones available apart from the Nexus S around April ? None as far as I know, they still announce stuff that will have 2.2 inside.

I think Arc has a very distinctive design and will appeal to many.

Let's look at the European market. what are the top-end phones ? Neither HTC nor Samsung have any with better specs. Only LG 2x and LG doesn't have a very good reputation yet.
MyP910
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-02-02 02:16
I will buy Arc.
The design itself is a big selling point.
KU
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-02-02 02:52
Dual-core isn't that good as I though it is a developper phone, a bit like super computer vs netbook/notebook http://www.phonearena.com/rev[....]ptimus-2X-Review_id2652/page/5 , http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_optimus_2x-review-561p2.php . I really hope that will surprise me with innovative stuff into the Xperia Duo and win some prizes again at the show, and as the power race is becoming kinda rubish like the megapixel count it's just to show up just hoping for really innovative things from SE.

Edit:hot potatoe http://blog.gsmarena.com/sony[....]pre-mwc-events-on-13-february/
[ This Message was edited by: KU on 2011-02-02 02:15 ]
pmugghc
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-02-02 03:57
We don't know the specific pricing of Neo yet, but I'm not impressed with the recent Samsung announcement of four phones in the midrange (Ace, Fit etc), they seem to be midrange priced phones with low-end specs. Furthermore none of them runs 2.3.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-02-02 10:53

On 2011-02-02 00:03:01, zub wrote:
you guys are all deluded if you think these offerings are great from and it will save them and/or doing a great job for 2011. apart from fan boys, who in their right mind would pick up a hallon or arc over any other phone from any of the other big manufacturers? especially considering the pricing will be the same.

of course i am comparing these phones to phones that will actually be out at the time actually get hallon and arc, neo, etc out to market.... massively behind competition.

if MWC does not produce a proper good surprise, im afraid, in my book at least have failed 2011. same shit all over again.

Wow! So you think dual core phones are IT? I'm definitely buying the Arc over anything out there including the yet-to- be announced phones from Samsung and HTC. I'm not convinced the first generation dual core phones are going to be a huge improvement over the second generation 'single' core phones. The Arc seems well optimized for a proto and it's the best all-rounder that is just perfect for me.

This year is not a 'failure' for SE, it actually has started off wonderfully for them.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
cableguy
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2011-02-02 11:42
yeah I have to agree, dual cores are going to suck the battery. so will wait for a generation or two of them before taking the plunge as well
eternal_wind
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-02-02 12:57
Isnt the bravia engine just a software thing? Maybe the screen is cheaper than the arc, would explain the price. Sure looks cheaper on the pictures

AFAIK, it is also involved hardware design. I read somewhere that they made the gap between the backlight and the actual screen a vacuum so the light particles can be transferred more efficient or something like that
avmaxfan
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2011-02-02 15:11

On 2011-02-02 11:42:45, cableguy wrote:
yeah I have to agree, dual cores are going to suck the battery. so will wait for a generation or two of them before taking the plunge as well

Dual core is more battery efficient than single core processors FYI.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-02-02 16:00
I'm sure I read something similar saying dual-core processing consume less power.
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2011-02-02 16:55
It takes less time to process
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2011-02-02 17:30
Dual cores consumes less power only if you directly compare it to two identical cores on a seperate silicon die

so basically in power 1 Core < 2 Cores ( on a single die ) < 2 cores ( on seperated dies )
in performance 1 Core < 2 cores ( on single die ) = 2 cores ( on seperated dies )

in case of performance, single and multi die solutions may vary depending on interconnect links and other logics.. but in optimized world on both solutions, both are equal there will be some small margin for single die duo to lower latency but in over all this margin is very small...

for me.. is very logical here... there's no OS or software that can make you take the dual core to any use now...

from Android perspective only Honeycomb can handle dual cores, Gingerbread does not support dual cores and we know nothing about next version ( Icecream 2.4 or what ever codenamed/version numbered )

ofcourse we will have some apps by the time.. but I don't think these apps will be that much !!

and by the time OS or software comes handy... will have thier product to show... so don't worry..

I think don't want to jump now on dual core coz this will mean moving to another SOC platform ( Tegra ) and this will need time and resources... they're just waked up from thier deadly hibernate in 2010.. so they need everything, every hour and dollar of resources to concetrate on thier plans...
I think they're working on another SOC that they already know and used, Qualcomm or TI..
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 108109110 ... 362363364  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic