Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 104105106 ... 362363364  Next
Author The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011
avmaxfan
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2011-01-27 15:36
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2011-01-27 15:31:52, TheBecksF wrote:
sdk of honeycamp is out and its amazing
i hope we see vaio tablet from sony soon

Not too soon actually but around Q3
TheBecksF
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-27 15:55
its ok avmax cuz i dont have enough money for both mobile and tablet
its seem i will wait for sony tablet and 2nd half higj-end from sonyericsson
KU
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-27 16:28

On 2011-01-27 14:12:18, avmaxfan wrote:
Yes! People need to understand one fact - SONY is not and is not SONY. I don't understand why people think that way.
And the play station suite has little to do with Xperia play really. Like it or not.

And the Xperia Neo = Hallon.
No surprises.

Well so I am waiting for xperia Duo . Joke apart I am looking forward to see how will be the MWC with no surprises from SE but some amazing stuffs from the others.
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2011-01-27 17:58

On 2011-01-27 13:57:57, Shino03 wrote:
@nightblade, the psp and other portable consoles are relatively limited but they still managed to have many developers. I think it will be better for the playstation to be exclusive to Xperia Play. It will make it very unique over the rest of the android crowd but I agree that physical buttons are a lot better than virtual buttons.

There's a slight problem with your logic. The markets for phones and portable gaming consoles are very different. One is filled with competing substitutes, whilst the other has 2 or 3 dominant devices. Hence, for consoles, whichever device you choose to develop for you'll still get access to a large chunk of the total marketshare to sell your apps to.

The Xperia play is one smartphone out of dozens. It would simply be more profitable for developers to program apps for the iPhone or Android in general (which will have a larger marketshares) than for the Xperia, if the PS Suite was restricted to the Play.
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2011-01-27 18:31

On 2011-01-26 17:17:34, NightBlade wrote:
An Xperia with a 12MP cam and xenon flash. All I need.

Winner!!
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2011-01-28 03:29
http://www.engadget.com/2011/[....]etton-talks-sony-ngp-announce/

Some interesting info about the Playstation suite. I really like the part when they are forcing him to name a phone which is working and compatible with the playstation suite especially when they asked him if sony and a sony partner(Most probably SE of course) are working together in creating a flagship for the playstation suite.

@nightblade, I'm no expert so I'll just agree with you.
[ This Message was edited by: Shino03 on 2011-01-28 02:35 ]
synn
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2011-01-28 05:50
With that one move, Sony has Microsoft and Apple worried. The huge back catalog of games is gonna give this thing an advantage right out of the box. When higher def games are created for it (And the devs will) the Playstation Suite would become a front runner in mobile phone gaming.

From out of nowhere, Sony (and Sony Ericsson by extension) have massive leverage now on the Android gaming front. No one would challenge them because they can't offer what Sony is offering right now. Extremely smart business move. Add Qriosity to it and Sony the media giant becomes extra relevant on Android.

How would this help SE? Because Sony is now working extra close with Google, SE would likely get dibs on whatever new that's cooking W.R.T. Android. You can see evidence in the Arc, which has 2.3 unlike all the other phones that were developed within the same time frame.

Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-01-28 06:46

On 2011-01-28 05:50:54, synn wrote:
With that one move, Sony has Microsoft and Apple worried. The huge back catalog of games is gonna give this thing an advantage right out of the box. When higher def games are created for it (And the devs will) the Playstation Suite would become a front runner in mobile phone gaming.

From out of nowhere, Sony (and Sony Ericsson by extension) have massive leverage now on the Android gaming front. No one would challenge them because they can't offer what Sony is offering right now. Extremely smart business move. Add Qriosity to it and Sony the media giant becomes extra relevant on Android.

How would this help SE? Because Sony is now working extra close with Google, SE would likely get dibs on whatever new that's cooking W.R.T. Android. You can see evidence in the Arc, which has 2.3 unlike all the other phones that were developed within the same time frame.

Here is another thought.

1. A Backlog of OLD & very popular catalog of games does NOT gaurantee success for ANY successful leading platform:
Proof: Sega, Activision, etc. BOTH lost out on console wars when THEY had the top specs - best games to Nintendo. Apple beat Nintendo globally worldwide with just 1 device outselling them = iPod Touch.

2. Playstation Suite COULD be seen as a sign of weakness - a move of LAST resort.
- think about this ... with PS2 why didn't SE include such an emulator then? Custom OS required but its NOT like it couldn't be done with the hardware at that time - graphics would suffer but it would be acceptable and since then a steady and increasing public user base could've thrived up to now even. Oddly enough we'll see this on SE & Sony products. When sales of hardware do not support the porting development - THEN you'll see it offered VERY quickly to just about every ANDROID device out there - the SDK being FREE even pushed on and advertised on. If competing native Android code lives up to this SDK offering (the hardware will catchup to the NGP eventually) then what??!!

Many ppl STILL don't get why Apple continues to thrive. Their being a ONE STOP solution from development> hardware> solutions> accessories. It's called an ECOSYSTEM and is NOT relying on 1 platform to do so although at its core there is. They've never WAITED for a knee-jerk to respond > they've always BEEN the knee being the jerk (except when Skully was captain of the ship).
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2011-01-28 08:45
Off topic..Very interesting article

Hummingbird vs. Snapdragon vs. OMAP vs. Tegra 2: ARM Chips Explained

Nvidia seems to finally be getting some traction in the mobile CPU game. The Tegra 2 chip will be in several phones and tablets in the next few months, and is the first dual-core mobile processor available. In response Texas Instruments, maker of the popular OMAP mobile chips, is talking up their own upcoming OMAP4 cores. With all this talk of clock speeds, some important details of mobile processing get lost in the shuffle. When we talk about OMAP, Snapdragon, Tegra, or Hummingbird, we're really talking about a system-on-a-chip (SoC). There's more to it than just the clock speed.

Stick with us so we can clue you in on the important details of the major platforms so you'll know what to look for.
FOR COMPLETE ARTICLE CLICK HERE
[ This Message was edited by: smclion102 on 2011-01-28 07:47 ]
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2011-01-28 12:00
Brilliant article. I've been looking for this.

On 2011-01-28 08:45:59, smclion102 wrote:
Off topic..Very interesting article

Hummingbird vs. Snapdragon vs. OMAP vs. Tegra 2: ARM Chips Explained

Nvidia seems to finally be getting some traction in the mobile CPU game. The Tegra 2 chip will be in several phones and tablets in the next few months, and is the first dual-core mobile processor available. In response Texas Instruments, maker of the popular OMAP mobile chips, is talking up their own upcoming OMAP4 cores. With all this talk of clock speeds, some important details of mobile processing get lost in the shuffle. When we talk about OMAP, Snapdragon, Tegra, or Hummingbird, we're really talking about a system-on-a-chip (SoC). There's more to it than just the clock speed.

Stick with us so we can clue you in on the important details of the major platforms so you'll know what to look for.
FOR COMPLETE ARTICLE CLICK HERE
[ This Message was edited by: smclion102 on 2011-01-28 07:47 ]

T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
zub
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2011-01-28 19:25
like i've been saying all along; samsung and hummingbird are king.

1st gen release easily keeps up with 2nd gen qualcomm or TI. cant wait for a 2nd gen dual core hummingbird to come out and rip the pants off of tegra 2
zub
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2011-01-28 19:28

On 2011-01-28 06:46:25, Prom1 wrote:

2. Playstation Suite COULD be seen as a sign of weakness - a move of LAST resort.
- think about this ... with PS2 why didn't SE include such an emulator then? Custom OS required but its NOT like it couldn't be done with the hardware at that time - graphics would suffer but it would be acceptable and since then a steady and increasing public user base could've thrived up to now even. Oddly enough we'll see this on SE & Sony products. When sales of hardware do not support the porting development - THEN you'll see it offered VERY quickly to just about every ANDROID device out there - the SDK being FREE even pushed on and advertised on. If competing native Android code lives up to this SDK offering (the hardware will catchup to the NGP eventually) then what??!!

you know what; i hope this is true. i hope other manufacturers realise the potential and bring out their own versions of phones with dedicated controls. then i wont have to rely on to bring out yet another late outdated phone......

[ This Message was edited by: zub on 2011-01-29 02:33 ]
Karun
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-01-29 05:12
So basically what I gather from the last few pages is that all the devices that are supposed to be launched at MWC have already been leaked? No surprises then? Any news of dual core goodies being outed?
I like SE's 2011 lineup from what I've seen till now but I still feel it'll be a mistake not to have a dual core handset being outed in H1. I personally dont care much about the numbers game but not having it means SE will be 'perceived' to be behind competition, and in today's world that's all that matters and makes the difference between a best seller and a mediocre performer.
For all Sony Mobile news:
Sony Mobile Evangelist
huiyi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-01-29 09:55
MK16I。。MK16A。。Software Version4.0.A.0.84_2b_f200?ANDROID 3.0?? At least the camera 600W。Other unknown
avmaxfan
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2011-01-29 10:18

On 2011-01-29 09:55:42, huiyi wrote:
MK16I。。MK16A。。Software Version4.0.A.0.84_2b_f200?ANDROID 3.0?? At least the camera 600W。Other unknown

Again its a rumor, nothing concrete.
[ This Message was edited by: avmaxfan on 2011-01-29 09:20 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 104105106 ... 362363364  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic