Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Microsoft releasing 3,000 apps for Windows Phone 7

Author Microsoft releasing 3,000 apps for Windows Phone 7
lovecandy
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-11-29 06:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I read today that Microsoft will have about 3,000 apps available in the Windows Phone 7 Marketplace. Rumors are that MS is not trying to compete on bulk against Apple and Google, but rather to target specific app categories and app titles. Read that they even offer revenue guarantees to developers. Doubt that this will bring down the competition… Rather, I think Windows best bet is to go open source. What do you think?

cathyshiying
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-11-29 08:15
Although open source would definitely attract more users to the Windows platform, we all know the history of MS and its reluctance to open up anything just for free. The day that this will happen will be the day that hell freezes over…
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-11-29 09:35
If what they focussing on is quality over quantity then good luck to them.App stores are mainly full of junk anyway.Also you want Wndows 7 to be a success.Competition is good for the industry as a whole.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-11-29 11:59
If this all works out i can see WP7 being a huge success, i realy like how MS has taken control of everything and has forced the manufacturers to meet a very high standard in terms of hardware ,IMO Google has a thing or two to learn from MS. MS will also be incharge of OS/software updates, they seem to be correcting all thats wrong with Android.
Looking forward to the apps, i read that these WP7s will offer the best in PIM, Office tools, Email and exchange intergration, so there will probably be a ton of apps focused on those, and Social Networking ofcourse.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11ā€¯ 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
lovecandy
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-11-30 06:05

On 2010-11-29 11:59:40, Tsepz_GP wrote:
If this all works out i can see WP7 being a huge success, i realy like how MS has taken control of everything and has forced the manufacturers to meet a very high standard in terms of hardware ,IMO Google has a thing or two to learn from MS. MS will also be incharge of OS/software updates, they seem to be correcting all thats wrong with Android.
Looking forward to the apps, i read that these WP7s will offer the best in PIM, Office tools, Email and exchange intergration, so there will probably be a ton of apps focused on those, and Social Networking ofcourse.

what is it that you think Google can learn from MS? IMO, I think that Google's strength is to listen to the users, instead of dominating the market with a product created by elite. Then we have WP7's competition from the iPhone, which strengths lie in the many apps and interests. I think MS became such a success at households and office floors because there was no other OS that was userfriendly enough. But now... I think it'd be hard to compete against Apple and Google.

doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-11-30 11:07
I think it's hard to predict.

WP7 has many advantages but I'm not sure users will love them.
And it's a difficult market already, with 2 - 3 strong platforms having more polished proposition.

MS also has a different brand "feel", when Apple and Google are "ok" with their individuality and hype,
MS is perceived as a "bad" giant. So WP7 devices are not such a hype as WhyPhone or Android...
a w a r e
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi