Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Before I buy the X10 mini pro

Author Before I buy the X10 mini pro
kale.rahul
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-11-10 07:00
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

I have been using Nokia E series phones for the past two years, and while I was extremely happy with the performance and usage, both phones developed problems within the warranty period that could not be repaired by the service centres and I have had to stop using these phones. For this reason, I decided against buying a Nokia phone again and opted for the Blackberry 8900 last month.

While I must admit that it was an excellent phone, I was going berserk with the multiple alerts, and even though I disabled all alerts for email, the unread email icon on the homescreen was driving me mad because I don't like leaving anything pending. So I sold my BB yesterday and am currently without a phone. I was a Sony Ericsson user from 2004 to 2008, and since the phones were great, reliable, I have decided to buy the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 mini pro. (BB got me too used to QWERTY!), but before I rush out and buy one, I have a few questions and if an existing user can help me with this, it would be great:

I want to be able to setup 3 email networks (two POP accounts and one gmail), which I can time i.e no automatic email retrieval at night and on weekends. I should control the phone, not the other way round!
I travel abroad very often, and I want be to be able to retrieve my email (on the phone interface itself not thru web-based email) thru wifi. That was possible on Nokia E series but not on the BB, and I spent a packet on my last trip abroad.
I don't want to keep charging the phone everyday. My Nokia E 52 lasted me 2-3 days after a full recharge, but the BB was good for only 1 and a half days.

Do you think this will be possible with the X10 mini pro?

Thanks,
Rahul
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi