Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Nokia > Nokia reaffirms commitment to Symbian platform

Author Nokia reaffirms commitment to Symbian platform
false_morel
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2010-11-15 21:46
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
So many brainwashed just everywhere..

It's no secret that media controls the world in these times..
Well wide-spread ignorance does help in the process as well to be honest..

Anyway, you know why Android hyped so much?

Simple. Google invested in it. Regardless of the pros and cons of that OS!
Android is being marketed separately by Google.. And hugely too..

If you watch or listen to any main American media outlet at teh moment, Android's ads with that greenish little droid and attractive statements are all over the place.
With Symbian, Nokia can't do the same..
They promote their diverse handsets directly instead.. That is you'd come across Nokia N8's ads all over the net.. But never Symbian.. Nokia advertises the features in each of their phones.. As to the operating system, it wont get mentioned.. Simply because in order to make all those feature available and working there should be some OS running them.. For the average user this the least to worry about and the last thing to ask/know about!

For Nokia, they invest that much in Symbian, not to advertise it, and attract end users by some small greenish icons and some exaggerated description..
For them they care to have an efficient stable OS that could run on the least requirements possilbe while enabling them to offer all the killer features at top performace then advertise those and provide a decent functionality as well as a friendly UI..
The last part is still being worked on.. However, the main and harder part is already completed by Symbian^3!

There are two aspects to discuss in this matter..
Popularity, public acceptance, and hence the sales of each OS..
The technical level of each OS at the moment and regarding coming upgrades where it's very well discussed in previous posts in this thread and everything should plain clear in this aspect as there are no speculations to make..

And for that member claiming that the majority of Symbian phones owners don't even realize they own a smartphone, what about Android owners who don't even know what Android exactly supposed to be?
Most of Android phones owners, either went for Nexus 1 jsut because it was first Google's phone and pretty much hyped, or for the Samsung's Galaxy due to teh excessive advertising the firm commited for that piece of hardware specially the Super AMOLED screen as if it comes from some other world dimension, or HTC phones because of the boost they got making the Nexus1 and due to the over-estimated Sense UI..

And as mlife said: People going into mobile shops asking for droid phones. "Hello, could you give me a droid phone please."

The wind will soon calm down..

Actually, analyzing the market's future:
Samsung aren't relying that much on Android. They went with the flow and introduced a phone with teh same general Android approach, huge screen, tiny camera, custom UI.. Just to profit from the situation you know.. With Bada now, and they seem to be endorsing Windows Phone more, don't be surprised if they drop Android all of a sudden if Galaxy's sales drop a bit down!
HTC are relying on Android as much as Windows Phone.. A two way for them..
SE are b*llshit and in deep sh!t! They aren't made for smartphones.. And they play an insignificant role really!
Motorolla will stay Motorolla regardless of the OS they make. Despite them benifiting from Android quite a bit, with their Droids, but their reputation will stay teh same. At teh end of the day, they are making the worst Androids in the market. Worst UI, and worst features package.
And LG are going down the road quickly as it seems, with or without Android..

The way I see it, Nokia are worth all of Samsung, LG, Motorolla, HTC, and SE combined!
We might not need to go into the next year to be certain about that. Just this quarter would show it all...

For the mean time, for the ignorant I say read some more and grow some brains that think all by itself..
I thought by discussing such a topic over here, I would come across some knowledgable members, who know teh stuff and talk with some objectivity. It seems the most are just influenced by huge amount of b*llshit floating all over the place..

Anyway, and as to the market enthusiasts, I simply say nothing is certain!
The following two quarters will be decisive as it seems, maybe not though.. But still, it's too early to judge.
[ This Message was edited by: false_morel on 2010-11-15 20:53 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-11-16 01:41
^
Wtf?
not to advertise it, and attract end users by some smal greenish icons and some exaggerated description.. For them they care to have an efficient stable OS

Small greenish icons? Exaggerated description i dont get how the greenish icon would help as you go on to say that most didnt go for Android due to Android but:
Most of Android phones owners, either went for Nexus 1 jsut because it was first Google's phone and pretty much hyped, or for the Samsung's Galaxy due to teh excessive advertising the firm commited for that piece of hardware specially the Super AMOLED screen as if it phones because of the boost they got making the Nexus1 and due to the over-estimated Sense UI.

do you have any proof of this? If im not mistaken the NexusOne didnt even do so well, and its now only for developers or 2nd hand.
Please explain what exactly this "exaggerated description"???
Interesting you should say "Stable OS" as the N96, N97, N97mini etc...were anything but stable, and browsing through just a tiny bit at Nokia Discussion, quite a lot are having constant reboots, or dead N8s, here's just one example:
http://discussions.europe.nok[....]and-can-t-charging/td-p/778960
Stable huh?
Androids have bugs, no doubt, but it seems Symbians still take the cake, they require a ton of updates, my 5800 is sitting on v51 and anyone can tell you there's still countless bugs, still a lot of reboots/freezes then reboots, especialy when theme effects and auto rotate are on.
Effecient? To a certain extent, have you used a X10Mini next to a E52 or E5? The E5 rocks a 600mhz CPU with 256mb RAM, same as X10Mini, yet the X10mini blows it away in speed, whether it be opening up a ton of emails, a heavy web page. Ofcourse the E52 has longer battery life thanks to its 1500mAh batt, it did have to trade off a AF Camera to be slim and have that battery, while X10Mini has a little 960mah or so. Same comparison done with the Milestone, Androids can run just fine,if not better on low end hardware.

The way I see it, Nokia are worth all of Samsung, LG, Motorolla, HTC, and SE combined! We might not need to go into the next year to be certain about that. Just this quarter would show it all...

Samsung are catching up to Nokia rapidly, have you watched how they have continued to how much they have increased every quater for the past 2years, dont under-estimate them, Samsung are already acting like acting like a market leader, they are not far off from obtaining that title.
As for HTC, SE and Moto, they certainly arent much of a threat to Nokia indivdualy, but they are part of the reason Android is so big, together they can eat away Nokia's share, in smartphones.

For the mean time, for the ignorant I say read some more and grow some brains that think all by itself.. I thought by discussing such a topic over here, I would come across some knowledgable members, who know come across some knowledgable members, who know teh stuff and talk with some objectivity. It seems the most are just influenced by huge amount of b*llshit floating all over the place..

Absolutely no need to get offensive just because some of us dont agree with you.

The amount of app development, the huge increase in market share globaly etc... by Android all speaks for itself, Shaliron hit the nail on the head, sorry if you didnt like it False Morel, but it is what it is.
I dont think there is anymore reason to go on with this discussion if you're going to get offensive, im done, Android will continue to eat away at Symbian share and its fans, not my problem if you cant accept that.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2010-11-16 00:51 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
mrjulius
Aino Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-11-16 02:34
inside my mind.

'Demand and supply'

and not all people 'GEEK' as you. So friendly UI in green logo, is GREAT.
Xperia Arc S, AinoU10i, x10m, c902, k750i,
false_morel
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2010-11-16 03:49

On 2010-11-16 01:41:27, Tsepz_GP wrote:
Small greenish icons? Exaggerated description i dont get how the greenish icon would help as you go on to say that most didnt go for Android due to Android but:

What about half of them going for the little greenish droid and the other half for the other stuff I mentioned..

The point I wanted to make is that using this logic, one can apply it on every side.. It's not far from the truth either!
This is what happening. Funny as it could get, this is how the public is driven by media!

For instance, adding to what I wrote in a sarcastic way, some could go for the N8 just because it's the latest flagship from Nokia.
Some would go for it just because it has a huge "thingy" in that camera that make it the best in the market..
Some would go for it just because it's available in orange (no offense for you etaab )..

In brief, this is how things are going.
And this is why I divided this dicussion into two parts.
One concerning the makret shares and the sales, where teh technical stuff play the minimal role!

And the technical part where some who care for what the OS can offer them, and what that high-end smartphone is really capable of..

do you have any proof of this?

Again, I just wanted to show the members going against Symbian for the wrong reasons what an illogic they are using..

Please explain what exactly this "exaggerated description"???

Watch those Google ads.
And it'S not something bad! This is called smart marketing. They have all the right to do it.. And I salute them for that success..
It's simply working for them.

Same as those funny Appe guys.. That developer in the official iPhone 4 promo refering to facetime as unbelievable and seemed like to cum onto the screen with enthusiasm, while Nokia had a front camera running on both 3G and Wifi five years before Apple even considered developing the iPhone! And they promote it as an innovation.

Anyway, this is meant for the ignorant weak minded. But it works. Since those make up the majority!

Interesting you should say "Stable OS" as the N96, N97, N97mini etc...were anything but stable, and browsing through just a tiny bit at Nokia Discussion, quite a lot are having constant reboots, or dead N8s, here's just one example:
http://discussions.europe.nok[....]and-can-t-charging/td-p/778960
Stable huh?

How many times should I post Symbian's story over and over again so that you stop going back to Symbian^1 and high-light its shortcomings?!!

Should I go back to early Android versions? I don't have to go back too much in time. Android 1.6 isn't that old, isn't it?
Anyway, we have Symbian^3 now.

And as to those dead N8's and other rebooting ones and whatever, what private or support forum for any handset doesn't have these users with their problems?
Just zoom out a bit, act a bit objective and mature, and look at the wider image including millions of N8's in use.

Androids have bugs, no doubt, but it seems Symbians still take the cake, they require a ton of updates, my 5800 is sitting on v51 and anyone can tell you there's still countless bugs, still a lot of reboots/freezes then reboots, especialy when theme effects and auto rotate are on.

There is no perfect design, no perfect OS, not even a perfect app or tiny code of programming. There is always room for improving, and room for every bug to squeeze in and then get crushed out.

Effecient? To a certain extent, have you used a X10Mini next to a E52 or E5? The E5 rocks a 600mhz CPU with 256mb RAM, same as X10Mini, yet the X10mini blows it away in speed, whether it be opening up a ton of emails, a heavy web page. Ofcourse the E52 has longer battery life thanks to its 1500mAh batt, it did have to trade off a AF Camera to be slim and have that battery, while X10Mini has a little 960mah or so. Same comparison done with the Milestone, Androids can run just fine,if not better on low end hardware.

You are comparing two different OS with versions up to three years difference in age?! And on a two different pieces of hardware each made for different purprose?
And don't ask me why Nokia went with that outdated versoin of Symbian on the E5. I don't know.
But we have Symbian^3 now.. Stick to that.

Samsung are catching up to Nokia rapidly, have you watched how they have continued to how much they have increased every quater for the past 2years, dont under-estimate them, Samsung are already acting like acting like a market leader, they are not far off from obtaining that title.

Yes, I know about the Samsung rise. However, they still have a long way to go!
Because obviously they are still far off from obtaining the title?!!

Anyway, why can't Nokia strike back and regain what market share they lost? Not that everyone gaining market share should continue doing it no matter what.
Apple lost one point the last quarter contrary to all expectatoins. And many are saying now that maybe Apple reached their high in the second quarter..

Absolutely no need to get offensive just because some of us dont agree with you.
The amount of app development, the huge increase in market share globaly etc... by Android all speaks for itself, Shaliron hit the nail on the head, sorry if you didnt like it False Morel, but it is what it is.

Ah yeah he definitely did. It was a broken nail though!

He's repeating what he'S getting through the media.. That's all.
One needs to think through you know.
He claimed that Nokia are replacing Symbian with Meego while they themselves denied that and declared full commitment to Symbian. The very topic this thread is about.
He is so much fed to an extent that he would believe a rumor made up by some reporter at Engadget than believing an official announcement by Nokia.

Well, excuse me, but I think this is just unacceptable. For his sake more than any actually!
Going "offensive" is only meant to wake him up. And others as well..

I dont think there is anymore reason to go on with this discussion if you're going to get offensive, im done, Android will continue to eat away at Symbian share and its fans, not my problem if you cant accept that.

You see, no matter what arguments one comes up with, this is the only thing you have to say.
Even teh best market analysts out there are in confusion predicting through the revolution we're witnessing and yet you are that certain..
shaliron
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2010-11-16 07:32

On 2010-11-16 03:49:44, false_morel wrote:
He claimed that Nokia are replacing Symbian with Meego while they themselves denied that and declared full commitment to Symbian. The very topic this thread is about.
He is so much fed to an extent that he would believe a rumor made up by some reporter at Engadget than believing an official announcement by Nokia.

Here are the facts:

• Meego is technologically more advanced OS than Symbian.
  • Nokia is continuing development of Meego.
  • If Nokia was truly 'fully committing' to Symbian, and wanted that OS be their choice for the future, then they would stop development of Meego.
  • Nokia has committed to both both OSes.

They are continuing support for Symbian so that they can use it in their lower end devices but in the medium to long run, they will need a more advanced operating system to use in their high end devices. Meego is currently that OS. You can already see evidence in this strategy with the N900.

I fail to see how these facts could be interpreted in any other way. This discussion is becoming pointless.
A wooden spoon is a spoon made from wood. Source: Wikipedia

Winner of: Best Thread (Huge SE Portfolio) 2007, Best Post (Huge SE Portfolio) 2007, Best Signature 2007, and 2nd Best Nickname 2007.
shaliron
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2010-11-16 07:36

On 2010-11-16 03:49:44, false_morel wrote:

Here are the facts:
  • If Nokia was truly 'fully committing' to Symbian, and wanted that OS be their choice for the future, then they would stop development of Meego.

They are continuing support for Symbian so that they can use it in their lower end devices but in the medium to long run, they will need a more advanced operating system to use in their high end devices. Meego is currently that OS. You can already see evidence in this strategy with the N900.

I fail to see how these facts could be interpreted in any other way. This discussion is becoming pointless.
[ This Message was edited by: shaliron on 2010-11-16 06:37 ]
A wooden spoon is a spoon made from wood. Source: Wikipedia

Winner of: Best Thread (Huge SE Portfolio) 2007, Best Post (Huge SE Portfolio) 2007, Best Signature 2007, and 2nd Best Nickname 2007.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-11-16 09:20
Again, I just wanted to show the members going against Symbian for the wrong reasons what an illogic they are using..

Yours wasn't very logical either, NexusOne was hardly successful,so how on earth did HTC get a boost from it? And what proof do you have that the Galaxy-S sold due to the display? Here in South Africa they havent done much advertising of Androids on TV, yet go to Vodashop, MTN etc...and you find that the Desire and Galaxy-S are sold out. NexusOne never even went on sale here.

How many times should I post Symbian's story over and over again so that you stop going back to Symbian^1 and high-light its shortcomings?!! Should I go back to early Android versions? I don't have to go back too much in time. Android 1.6 isn't that old isn't it? Anyway, we have Symbian^3 now

Last i checked there are still Symbian^1 devices being announced and recently being released such as the C5-03 and 5250, so it remains relevant.

And as to those dead N8's and other rebooting ones and whatever, what private or support forum for any and whatever, what private or support forum for any handset doesn't have these users with their problems? look at the wider image including millions of N8's in use

You said they focus on having a stable OS, phones dying or arriving dead completely contradict your point, yes all phones have their faults, but ive never read of Androids dying at such a rate, as i said that link was just one example, some of the network support forums are being flooded with such complaints, so much for "stable".

You are comparing two different OS with versions up to three years difference in age?! And on a two different three years difference in age?! And on a two different pieces of hardware each made for different purprose? pieces of hardware each made for different purprose? pieces of hardware each made for different purprose? And don't ask me why Nokia went with that outdated versoin of Symbian on the E5. I don't know But we have Symbian^3 now.. Stick to that

No, S60v3 got another update this year, it remains relevant as they still releasing phones running on it, same goes for Symbian^1.

You see, no matter what arguments one comes up with, this is the only thing you have to say this is the only thing you have to say. Even teh best market analysts out there are in confusion predicting through the revolution we're witnessing and yet you are that certain..

Its what i have to say as its obvious, Gartner went on to predict that Android may pass Symbian, so have quite a lot of others, so im not sure of what "confusion" you're on about, but hey,what ever helps you sleep at night.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2010-11-16 08:25 ]
false_morel
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2010-11-16 09:45

On 2010-11-16 07:32:41, shaliron wrote:

Here are the facts:

Do you know that Nokia, for w while now, are heavily involved in the netbook busniness and do have some optimistic plans coming up?

Anyway, here are some "real" facts for you.
Quoted from Anssi Vanjoki, head of Mobile Solutions Nokia Finland, posted on the 2nd of July 2010 on the official Nokia blog:

"Symbian and MeeGo are the best software for our smartest devices. As such, we have no plans to use any other software. Despite rumors to the contrary, there are no plans to introduce an Android device from Nokia. There has also been some confusion about Symbian and Nseries. The Nokia N8 will be our only Nseries device on Symbian^3. Of course, we never comment on future products, but a Symbian^4 Nseries device is a strong possibility. A very strong possibility.

Symbian is our platform of choice for Nokia smartphones. Symbian has taken a lot of criticism lately some of it fair, some not. But what is consistently overlooked is that Symbian still accounts for more than two-fifths of the global smartphone market. We believe the Nokia N8 will have great appeal. People want a smartphone that is familiar, packed with features, offers great performance. With products like the N8 and others to follow, we have preserved the best and most familiar parts of Symbian, making it effortless for the largest population of smartphone users to upgrade. We are determined to win back supporters, including Ricky, our favourite Symbian Guru.

MeeGo offers us an opportunity to take mobile technology beyond the smartphone, and into a new world of connected devices. As Symbian gears up to compete with the likes of iPhone and Android, MeeGo is taking clear aim at the computing space."

And here's the whole article..

So are you suggesting that this guy is lying to us?
Or maybe all what have been said and followed by the whole world in that two day SEE all b*llshit?
Did it occur to you that the N900 was a complete failure for Nokia?
Do you know anything about SYMBEOSE?
And may you explain why would Nokia go with Symbian for the C-, X-, and E-series but not for the N-series? Do you find this logical or wise to do? Why not go with Meego for all the smartphones family?

Again, you are all your "facts" and claims on some media romurs boosted by the American media! As simple as that..
If you don't know why those sites relying on the American market target Nokia as such, using all the "legal and illegal" weapons available, then you need to know some more of what is going on..
false_morel
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2010-11-16 10:28

On 2010-11-16 09:20:09, Tsepz_GP wrote:
Yours wasn't very logical either, NexusOne was hardly successful,so how on earth did HTC get a boost from it? And what proof do you have that the Galaxy-S sold due to the display? Here in South Africa they havent done much advertising of Androids on TV, yet go to Vodashop, MTN etc...and you find that the Desire and Galaxy-S are sold out. NexusOne never even went on sale here.

First of all, in many countries the markets are being directly affected by the American market.
The Americans are buying iPhones like crazy, some people here and there should buy iPhones as well.
Same goes to Android. In many conutries, it's all about what's going in the US.
Why? Again, because of the hype created by the media, and for the fact that the US market is biggest one. Simple.

Now to the logic I used, it was more to show you and others how bad the logic you are using is!
That is Symbian is selling just because of ignorant users while Android is selling well because it's the best!! Get real would you..

As to NexusOne it wasn't the success it supposed to be (I blame HTC for that) but still everybody knew about that much anticipated phone! And somehow HTC did make use of the whole situation and managed to introduce the Desire as the better NexusOne..

Anyway, all these factors that do play a huge role in the sales and do influence the whole market flow, are there.
Marketing is the most important. Then comes all other mentioned factors.. And the technical features of each OS play the least valuable role in this aspect.

Last i checked there are still Symbian^1 devices being announced and recently being released such as the C5-03 and 5250, so it remains relevant.

True. However, don't you think those are the last phones running the outdated versions.
From now on, Symbian phones will not go into this multiple version incompability and fragmentation..
There will be just one platform receiving updates every now and then..

You said they focus on having a stable OS, phones dying or arriving dead completely contradict your point, yes all phones have their faults, but ive never read of Androids dying at such a rate, as i said that link was just one example, some of the network support forums are being flooded with such complaints, so much for "stable".

This is an exaggerating part from your side.
The same complaints and problems you would find on all Android forums..
Be responsible for the info you are providing.

Its what i have to say as its obvious, Gartner went on to predict that Android may pass Symbian, so have quite a lot of others, so im not sure of what "confusion" you're on about, but hey,what ever helps you sleep at night.

Gartner predicted that change of position to happen at 2014!
Don't you think that such predictions are based on some given status that is assumed not to change.
Next year will witness a huge change for the Symbian platform. All the blows and the obstacles that resulted in more than one year delay come to an end. The new Symbian platform will be unleashed.
At least wait till then and see what would happen.

And even if Android is to pass Symbian some time in the future, it would be because of all the manufactures' support against Nokia's sole support for Symbian. And even then, it wont mean much. Android and Symbian will maintain over the half teh share, most probably over 60%, with Android mostly ten points above Symbian. This would be the worst case scenario for Symbian, and would still mean the platform is major role player.
That's not go into Windows Phone future market, and if it turns into a success, it can only eat up Android's share.
Symbian, iOS, and BBs wont get affected.
This would only help keep Symbian above all, even with less than 30% share..

You see, it can go all ways.. And we can only speculate. Nothing more.
As to the technical aspect, there is no much speculation. Everything is pretty clear and obvious.
[ This Message was edited by: false_morel on 2010-11-16 09:34 ]
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-11-16 16:39

On 2010-11-11 22:37:38, Tsepz_GP wrote:
Exactly the type of reply i was expecting from someone who cant swallow the facts, so you turn around accuse me of being loyal to Android

Excuse me for being realistic and having the back-up.

By the way etaab, this seems to be your general way of dealing with people here once the arguement is not going your way, you then claim to love all OS and accuse the other of being loyal or a fanboy.

Seriously, you need to stop living in a dream world. First off, you are so completely loyal to Android, which is why you go on and on and on again till people just cannot be bothered to reply.

Secondly, you have very little back up if any at all. You base most of your opinions on your opinion and not fact. You say how many people have bricked N8 phones mentioned on the Nokia forum. But then, thats where people go to air their faults. You wouldnt get a support forum empty of issues and people just posting how great the phone is. Android forums are no different, again full of people with problems.

As for my way of dealing with people once an arguement is not going my way, well let me explain it to you once more. I do like all mobile phones, i was in CPW today and saw a Galaxy S sat there with its massive screen wishing i had enough money to own it and my N8 and the iPhone 4. But i dont. I never feel arguements arent going my way because i dont get into them and certainly do not post things which are silly and untrue.

Look at your own posts in this thread, the length of them and how much bitching you do with other people. I simply do not have the time or effort these days to get into such long discussions which is why i always state im not going to do so. Ive just come from working 16 days without a day off and the last thing i do not want to do when i come from work each evening is start battling with people who are like the terminator, i cannot change or even influence you at all. You'll just keep coming until the day comes your beloved Android is either no more, or is the only choice.

You're like an Android army, and i find Android named quite aptly !
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-11-16 16:49

On 2010-11-16 16:39:17, etaab wrote:

On 2010-11-11 22:37:38, Tsepz_GP wrote:
Exactly the type of reply i was expecting from someone who cant swallow the facts, so you turn around accuse me of being loyal to Android

Excuse me for being realistic and having the back-up.

By the way etaab, this seems to be your general way of dealing with people here once the arguement is not going your way, you then claim to love all OS and accuse the other of being loyal or a fanboy.

Seriously, you need to stop living in a dream world. First off, you are so completely loyal to Android, which is why you go on and on and on again till people just cannot be bothered to reply.

Secondly, you have very little back up if any at all. You base most of your opinions on your opinion and not fact. You say how many people have bricked N8 phones mentioned on the Nokia forum. But then, thats where people go to air their faults. You wouldnt get a support forum empty of issues and people just posting how great the phone is. Android forums are no different, again full of people with problems.

Posted plenty of back-up, on the other hand you are the who bases most of your opinions on your opinion and not fact.

As for my way of dealing with people once an arguement is not going my way, well let me explain it to you once more. I do like all mobile phones, i was in CPW today and saw a Galaxy S sat there with its massive screen wishing i had enough money to own it and my N8 and the iPhone 4. But i dont. I never feel arguements arent going my way because i dont get into them and certainly do not post things which are silly and untrue.

Look at your own posts in this thread, the length of them and how much bitching you do with other people. I simply do not have the time or effort these days to get into such long discussions which is why i always state im not going to do so. Ive just come from working 16 days without a day off and the last thing i do not want to do when i come from work each evening is start battling with people who are like the terminator, i cannot change or even influence you at all. You'll just keep coming until the day comes your beloved Android is either no more, or is the only choice.

You're like an Android army, and i find Android named quite aptly !

and i guess the rest of us just don't want to own anything else? You have accused quite a few of us of being fanboys when we dont agree with your points, yet we to dont just own type of device, ive now got a N8 here, X10 and a 3GS, i also like all OS manufacturers, im just prepared to be realistic about them.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2010-11-16 15:50 ]
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-11-16 16:52
So am i ! but your version of realism is that Symbian is dying or suddenly second class to Android which it is not.

My facts i base on market shares are fact.
[ This Message was edited by: etaab on 2010-11-16 15:54 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-11-16 17:07

On 2010-11-16 16:52:19, etaab wrote:

My facts i base on market shares are fact.
[ This Message was edited by: etaab on 2010-11-16 15:54 ]

So are mine, exactly why i posted links.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-11-16 17:12
Yeah but many of your links are from bad sources. Anyone who posts anything from Mobile-Review for example will know its going to be negative against Nokia.

The N8 might be one of the last Nokia phones i own for a long time since it is very stable and very high quality. Next year id be happy to try an iPhone or Android phone if they can match my needs.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-11-16 17:14
Bad sources? The Register arent a bad source.
AndriodGuys links to Gartner, they quoted them.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi