Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Oh good. I am settled now I think for a while on an iphone 4. Am loving it
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-09-30 23:15
The iPhone4 is just so gorgeous,congrats Bono! Enjoy it its the one phone at the moment i would consider trading my X10 for.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-09-30 23:24
I absolutely love it & I eat all my words I said about it before. Reception is great too I don't know what all the fuss was about
Phone?? What phone??
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-10-01 08:04

On 2010-09-22 17:39:10, Tsepz_GP wrote:
They havent dropped Symbian, they just dont have any plans to produce a symbian device at the moment, Samsung said the same thing, they are focusing on Android and WP7, i think its a great move, there doesnt seem to be any developer interest in Symbian at the moment, and even as an OS it doesnt offer anything over Android.

Latest on Samsung: Samsung terminates support for Symbian
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-10-01 10:45
what samsung does is normal, its impossible to work on 4 types of OS
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2010-10-01 11:44
Just want to say, HALLELUJAH! Finally SE!

The moment they killed UIQ, symbian was dead for me, i absolutely hate s60 crap, and what we are seeing now in symbian ^3 is just an evolution of that

Focus on Android and WP7, and theyll be fine, specially if the PSP phones does come out
SE w880 + Iphone 4 16gb
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-10-02 12:49
@ Tsepz_GP - Android has been ported to N900 ? wow id really like to see that !

Regarding the touchscreen of the Satio, now if you had asked me 12 months ago how good is the Satio's touchscreen i would have said great until i used my girlfriends Samsung Wave, its super amoled screen is ten times more responsive than my Satio's.

I really cannot wait to sell my Satio. Im more bored of SE's poor hardware than the software of Symbian.

Again, like bart said what Samsung has done is pretty normal. Everyone wants their own OS to be number one, so Nokia stick to Symbian, Apple to iOS, Samsung to Bada.

Theres only SE that are the tarts of the mobile scene, they keep jumping into bed with anyone and chopping / changing. Thats why they're just not very good at the business they're in anymore.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
xnuo
Samsung Galaxy S III
PM
Posted: 2010-10-02 13:06
everyone is jumping off the symbian ship. first sony ericsson, now samsung. as ricky cadden once said, nokia needs android as symbian need HTC.

that would be a whole new experience for both companies.
xnuo, M.D.
Proud Member of the Atomix Galaxy Note 3 clan
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-10-02 14:09
etaab
Are you aware of the fact that you're comparing a Resistive to a Capacitive??? The Satio's display is great compared to other resistives, but compare it to a Capacitive and it will fall flat on its face. SE implement great hardware, its their software that can be shocking. Ive compared my X10's display to a friends Vivaz, and the X10's display is far more responsive, same when comparing to my 5800 and classmate's N97. Resistives are just not cut for finger touch UIs.
SE have the SE OS so what are you on about? Nokia bought Symbian a few years ago and now look at it, nobody is realy interested in developing for it, and the only reason Symbians sell is due to either being super cheap or the camera, nothing to do with the OS at all.
SE have made a great move as both Android and WP7 come with their own appstores, and UI (they cant edit the WP7 UI, and Android3.0 will reduce fragmentation by limiting what manufacturers customize) ,this means they just have to focus mainly on hardware and software services.
They havent chopped and changed in the way you make it out to be. They dropped UIQ, got on S60, also joined Android and was already with WM. They have stuck with WM which will now be WP7 and so they will make WP7 devices, they are sticking with Android, they have stuck with their feature phone OS and dropped the dead weight Symbian, isnt that exactly what Samsung have done to? Except they have changed to Bada from their feature phone OS. Isnt this what LG have also done??? Isnt this what HTC are also doing? Sticking with WM -WP7, sticking with Android and working on BREW OS. Very similar moves being made all-round.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-10-02 16:57
Yes thanks im pretty clued up on the differences between different types of touchscreen technology. I know why my Satio has a lesser responsive screen compared to many others. I use several types of touch screen computers in my workplace and hate them all for being resistive, all except for one which has a capacitive screen.

Id like to see some raw evidence rather than just opinion which proves:

- how you know developers are not interested in developing for Symbian, especially since Qt is now up and running along with operator or card billing from Ovi store, something not possible yet with Android or Apple meaning a much quicker return for developers
    - how you know Symbian phones only sell for their cameras or being cheap, since theres tons of cheap Android phones out there and tons of low camera spec Symbian phones out there, yet Symbian still hold such a majority chunk of the overal smartphone market.

Some rather bold statements to make there which appear to carry no weight to them at all.

As for SE, they have the SE OS ? ill tell you what im on about, im talking smartphones. SE have no smartphone OS. Instead they keep changing from one to another like a panicked animal cornered they keep trying to find allies. First they jumped into bed with Symbian UIQ, Windows, Symbian S60, Android.. so who is next for SE ? you've even said their software is bad, which is probably why they dont have a bash at it themselves.

As for my Satio, ive said 100 times i find its incarnation of Symbian rather poor compared to Symbian of old, but its also the hardware which lets it down. I look after my phones like royalty, but i still find my Satio scratched, creaks, very plastic and feels cheap. The loudspeaker is appauling compared to Nokia or Samsung speakers and its screen / slide lock mechanism very frustrating to use. Fiddly is the word im looking for.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-10-02 18:09
I believe the N8 with the new version of symbian will be a success
duo_m
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2010-10-02 19:23
this is what SE should do. palm was teetering on two OSes and was unfocused. now that they have webOS atleast they are now more focused.

SE should drop winmo for android. or maybe return to symbian via symbian 3. whatever they do, they should only focus on one OS platform. also they should make their smartphones the "ultimates", the pinnacle versions of their featurephones, thus making them a premium.

just my two cents...
being perpetually broke aint half bad...you just constantly try to look at the brighter side of life to alleviate the situation.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-10-02 19:59
Etaab
You just have to look at Ovi Store to see the lack of dev. interest, as well as many apps such as CorePlayer which never made it to S60v5. Ovi Store has had operator/card billing for quite some time now, since before the Worldcup if im not mistaken and yet still not much going on, the funny part is that although paid apps are on the way to SA in Android Market, the quality of the free apps in the Market walk all over the paid Ovi ones, being Google many of the free apps have Google Ad-support if im not mistaken the devs. still get paid, not sure about that part though.
As for why Symbians sell, you may look at Steve Litchfields 5230 vs. ZTE Racer Review. Symbians are the cheapest smartphones you can get out there and are far more widely available, im sure even you know that? Just look at the Nokia 6120c, and 5230, they come with a good feature set at very low price points, yes there are Androids that are cheap but not as cheap as a 5230, and if there are they are made by Chinese manufacturers and arent as widely available as Nokias. My point was that most Symbians sell due to hardware if they are expensive, and due to a good feature:price ratio, even the guys at AAS state this.
Again, you are blowing SE's OS choice out of proportion, they jumped into WM, AND Android and have stuck with them, now that WM is going to be WP7 they are going to make WP7 devices, they had UIQ dropped it, had S60 and dropped it, but they stayd consistant with the others. I dont see what the problem is with them not having their own OS? With the market already flooded with many that may not even be around for long.
Their software can be be bad, but at this point Mediascape must be the best music player ive ever used.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2010-10-02 19:03 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-10-03 13:14
Perhaps Nokia should keep working and improving Symbian but also dip their toes into Android. Most manufacturers have more than one operating system
Phone?? What phone??
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-10-03 13:39
Why should they? Nokia already has more than two OSs - S40 (or whatever it's called today), Symbian and MeeGo. S40 is a 'dumbphone' OS but only so because Nokia hasn't released an SDK for it.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic