Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Best Cameraphone running on Android?

Previous  1234  Next
Author Best Cameraphone running on Android?
mlife
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2010-09-20 09:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Now keep in mind I have NEVER used a X10mini but I do own a Droid X (moto), Droid Incredible (HTC) as well the Samsung Galaxy S... IMO the HTC Incredible has the best camera of the three.... however if you back the HTC down to 5mp, I'd choose the Galaxy every time. [addsig]
iamstevie
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2010-09-20 14:15

On 2010-09-20 09:05:11, mlife wrote:

The Galaxy S does not even have a led light to support the camera, and has a 5 MP sensor. That's mediocre in my book.

That statement is simply false...

Original
[ This Message was edited by: mlife on 2010-09-20 08:13 ]

Not sure where you found that pic, the Galaxy S really doesn't have a flash!!

I know at least one of it's international variants do, the Epic 4G, but not the standard Galaxy S (or certainly not in the UK model).
mlife
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2010-09-20 16:04

Not sure where you found that pic, the Galaxy S really doesn't have a flash!!

I took that picture... that is MY phone.. and it does have the flash

It is my USA Galaxy S on Verizon... so I guess that only makes the statement true for the UK... but the fact of the matter is Galaxy S does have a flash...

http://www.verizonwireless.co[....]eId=5528&capId=&phoneTopRated=
[ This Message was edited by: mlife on 2010-09-20 15:16 ]
[addsig]
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-09-20 20:17
Well, maybe people who own the X10, the Galaxy S, a Motorola and the HTC bunch of phones should all post raw images so we can compare ?
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
iamstevie
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2010-09-20 20:17
Ahh is this actually the Fascinate?? Thats the only other version I know that has a camera flash, and I think they're exclusive to Verizon right? Just did some quick research online and couldn't find anywhere else that said the standard i9000 version has a flash. Either way, its cool
fairen
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-09-21 02:40
The SE Xperia X10 has to be the best camera android phone there is so far, at least in my opinion N8 would have been the best, except it's not even Android
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-09-21 20:15
If Nokia made an Android phone, there wouldnt be a single Android phone around for a year or two that could compare in any department IMO.

Wow i sound like such a fanboy !
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-09-21 21:14
If Nokia made an Android it would be overpriced, have a slow ARM11 CPU, not enough RAM, and they would make an Android for each version, and not give any sort of OS update, but would be forever fixing bugs and inventing new ones at the same time.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
phonecrzy
Vivaz Ruby
PM
Posted: 2010-09-22 02:38
The best android camera phone is the HTC Desire HD with an 8MP and flash pretty good for an Android phone.
HTC Desire HD Specifications
Age is just a number.. Being 13 makes me no dumber than a wise old man
phonecrzy
Vivaz Ruby
PM
Posted: 2010-09-22 03:01

On 2010-09-20 09:05:11, mlife wrote:

The Galaxy S does not even have a led light to support the camera, and has a 5 MP sensor. That's mediocre in my book.

That statement is simply false...

Original
[ This Message was edited by: mlife on 2010-09-20 08:13 ]

It depends on where you live. In the US it does have a flash, In the UK it does not.

Also notice the UK one says "with Google" and has a Samsung Logo but the US one just says Galaxy S
Age is just a number.. Being 13 makes me no dumber than a wise old man
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-09-22 15:43

On 2010-09-21 21:14:25, Tsepz_GP wrote:
If Nokia made an Android it would be overpriced, have a slow ARM11 CPU, not enough RAM, and they would make an Android for each version, and not give any sort of OS update, but would be forever fixing bugs and inventing new ones at the same time.

It sounds more like you're describing SE to me. They release products which are slower and outdated than almost any other major player in the mobile industry.

At least Nokia work on firmware a couple of years down the line, but SE clearly give up after 6-8 months.

On 2010-09-22 02:38:44, phonecrzy wrote:
The best android camera phone is the HTC Desire HD with an 8MP and flash

Not really since its not actually available and we have very little proof that its camera is anyu good at the moment.
strephon
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-09-22 17:04

On 2010-09-18 21:48:41, etaab wrote:
If it were me id still go for the Samsung Galaxy S, its just the best all round Android handset with a nice camera. From what i can tell Android has no killer specification cameras in any phone it comes installed on. Id buy one if Android was my first choice of os.

I had the galaxy s and the camera is poor , the camera on the desire is better and thats saying something.
I have ordered the htc desire hd it has a bigger sensor that the standard desire heres hoping the pics are better.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-09-22 18:04
etaab
Atleast SE give great hardware and fix it, if im not mistaken many Satio owners are happy now with the latest FW, so are Vivaz users, and they are able to use apps such as SPB Shell, Opera Mobile, Gravity etc...without worrying about RAM. Try those on an N97 at the same time and you come dangerously close to apps closing if youre lucky as by then most hit the "Out of memory" error.
Nokia support is long due to re: fixing bugs and throwing in new ones, every Nokia update is bitter-sweet, my 5800 at v21 had excellent Radio RDS and an awful built-in web browser, fast forward to V51, RDS doesnt work, web browser is faster, has kinetic scrolling, BUT is unstable, it just never ends with them.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-09-22 20:05
@ strephon - very brave of you to order a phone and not know how good the camera is, if photos mean as much to you as they do to me !

Ive noticed many people say the Galaxy S has a poor camera, yet i think that might be down to people not knowing how to use the touch focus all that well since the Galaxy S has no shutter key. Anyway, the Galaxy S isnt about the camera (like the Satio is for example) so its not really an issue unless you buy it for the camera.

@ Tsepz_GP - at least SE give us great hardware then fix it ? its not that great if they give it then have to fix it after you've bought it !

Joking aside, i think you've just been unlucky with your Nokia handsets, either that or its the region you live in. Here in the UK Nokia is known for having much more reliable handsets than SE. Ive never had a problem with a Nokia phones hardware or software apart from a couple of minor bugs here and there. Not once would i describe any of them as unusable - and ive owned lots !

You're right about the N97 though, it was released with a poor amount of RAM, but those issues were fixed with a firmware update later in 2009 if you may or may not remember.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-09-22 20:38
Etaab
Did i say any of my Nokias were unuseable?
Ive had quite a few myself, from s30,s40 and s60.
No, N97 ram issue was NEVER fixed, its a mix of poor hardware and resource hungry software, us 5800 users were better off and as a result MANY N97 users either went back to a 5800,tried a Mini then got a Nexus One or 3GS or got a Omnia HD OR a Vivaz. Ive watched it happen on multiple forums. HoFo had a HUGE N97 owners club, by January2010 majority had simply given up.
I think Nokia and SE have been guilty of both poor hw and sw, but SE atleast fixed the hw and are now trying with the sw, on the other hand Nokia seem not to, there was a bit of hope with the N900 but even that was short lived. Anyway we're way OT.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2010-09-22 19:42 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi