Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Best Cameraphone running on Android?

Previous  1234  Next
Author Best Cameraphone running on Android?
MWEB
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-18 22:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Xt 720 by a mile, got one, its fab, owned every other device ever made to compare it with, so believe you me!
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-09-18 22:21
@ mikekop - sure but the same could be said of all Android phones imo. Like i said the Galaxy S is the best all round performer at the moment.
[ This Message was edited by: etaab on 2010-09-19 11:41 ]
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-09-18 23:59
Galaxy S has some sort of slow down issues due to its mass memory chip, ive also read poor GPS performance and if im not mistaken it has no flash at all, realy depends on your needs, the Galaxy S, Desire, X10, and XT720 are all great Androids in their own way, it realy depends on your needs, but if camera is important i'd say XT720.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-09-19 00:04
No early firmware of the Galaxy it had black screen issues & some slow down but later on it was fine very fast. Just a crap camera although the HD video is excellent one of the best I seen on a mobile. As a phone I prefer the Samsung to the X10 overall for everything(including reliability) but rubbish cam. Having also had the X10 Mini that too has an excellent camera cos I took one on holiday
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-09-18 23:07 ]
Phone?? What phone??
mikekop
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-19 03:13

On 2010-09-18 22:21:40, etaab wrote:
@ mikekop - sure but the same could be said of all Android phones imo. Like i said the Galaxy S is the best

First off, I'd like to say that the title of this thread is "Best cameraphone running on Android?" and not "Best Android phone with camera?".
Second, TS starts off the thread with asking something completly else than the Q in the title. He asks: "What other Android phones have decent cameras?" With that retoric, you might be semi-right!

What is a Camera Phone?

Flash, led or/and xenon (Galaxy fails)
    dedicated camera button (Little unsure here, but Galaxy fails? Can't find the info right now)
    at least 5 MPX
    Software/settings that atleast resembles a compact camera, albeit not as many settings to choose. (SE X10 mini fails)

These are my personal preferences, please, anyone, fill in what YOU think makes a Cameraphone.
mode
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2010-09-19 03:58
GSMArena described the X10 camera as 'perfect' if it had xenon. After owning one, I find it has an even better sensor than C905. But the photo light pulls it down to be just like the rest.
Ericsson EH97, GA628, GF768, A2618s, T29s Sony Ericsson T68i, S700i, P990i, Z558i, W902, W995, X10, Arc S
*Xperia V*White*Black MW600*Sandisk Mobile Ultra 64GB microSDXC*
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-09-19 12:50
@ mikekop -heh, last night when i wrote my last post Esato suddenly went weird and would not let me add the rest of my post and just posted what it did, which you quoted.

Like you said, this thread is about which Android phone has the best camera. I think most people would agree its the X10.

But, since the X10 (and its mini variants) is pretty much obsolete and has been since day one, i think the Galaxy S is the only other choice, since the Desire has a pretty average camera. Lets not mention the dreadful Wildfire either !
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-09-19 14:25
How is the X10 obselete? Its getting 2.1 and already has MANY non-standard 1.6 features that are in 2.1. People realy are blowing this whole Android version thing out of proportion, looking at some Android forums it seems Galaxy S's slow down issue is still there, and it also proved to have the worst battery out of the top end Androids. The X10 is by no way obselete, its still got 2 major updates coming, and getting some 2.2 features, not to forget a great Camera with a custom SE Camera UI, great battery life compared to most Androids, and HD with continuous AF on the way, it seems to fit the PW's needs, but if Xenon is a must the Moto is what you want.
mikekop
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-19 15:57

On 2010-09-19 12:50:56, etaab wrote:
Like you said, this thread is about which Android phone has the best camera. I think most people would agree its the X10.

Yeah, "most people" would probably do agree that X10 has the best Android cam, but I think "most people" doesn't know that the Motorola Milestone XT720 exists. Even you seem to avoid mentioning the Moto, why?
Oh, maybe should mention that I don't have a Moto, it's almost impossible to buy one in Sweden, since Motorola has no official retailer here, thus my hesitate to getting a Moto. I just think it's a interesting device, and I like the design, which I really can't say about the Galaxy S, did Samsung inheret Apple's old molding structures? IPhone 3G anyone?

On 2010-09-19 12:50:56, etaab wrote:
But, since the X10 (and its mini variants) is pretty much obsolete and has been since day one

Nah, I disagree, the X10 has alright specs, doesn't it?
I think it's unfair to call the mini's obsolete, since they have never been aimed at being a top spec phone, and with the 2.1 EClair it will be a great phone at a really great price. The Mini's is SE:s best selling phone ever!
[ This Message was edited by: mikekop on 2010-09-19 14:59 ]
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-09-19 16:43
The X10 is still currently running 1.6, which is obsolete making the phone the very same. SE have said that the X10 will receive 2.1, but again this is another old version since all new Android phones to be released will run Froyo, whilst currently released phones are moving up with upgrades too. Why can they not simply move straight to 2.2 ? everyone else is ? SE always seem to want to be behind. Its taken them all these months since the X10's release, which in a mobile phones lifespan of 8 months, its about ready to be discontinued with no Froyo in sight.

At least the Galaxy S and other Android handsets are keeping up with the times. If it were not for the X10's camera, i cannot see why anyone would want to buy it other than its pretty looks alone. SE might add their own lovely interface over it with Timescape etc, but its still running behind the rest of the pack.

As for the mini variants of the X10, they're nice, cute, pocketable and affordable. The problem with the minis (apart from their obsolete OS) is their screens. The resolution is poor to say the least, but thats something i could live with, but a problem i cannot live with is the screen quality. The colours, the blacks, its like SE took old T610 screens and put them in the X10 minis ! the screen you get in a X10 mini id expect to find in a phone you'd buy your grandmother for 10 in Asda !

As for Motorola phones, its the same everywhere. They're not very popular unless you live in the US, my local phone stores only stock budget Motorola phones and nothing of any decent specification. CPW only tend to stock phones like the Milestone and XT720, but you never really notice they're there. Motorola might have the specs, but they do not have a good brand name anymore or any sort of customer support for their phones which at some point always come with a design flaw or worse.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-09-19 16:58
Etaab
1.6 still has tons of apps and games being made for it, on top of that SE ported quite a lot of 2.1 features to their 1.6 , and are doing the same with 2.1 by porting some 2.2 features. I agree,SE should just jump to 2.2 but whats the point of making such a big issue if in 2.1 the X10 gets Apps2SD, and Flash10.1? These being the main highlights of 2.2.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-09-19 17:15
If thats the case then great for the X10, since i do not own the phone and can only use one in either a shop or when i see friends with the phone its hard for me to say otherwise regarding your point. However, fundamentally features or aspects which are missing in 1.6 but present in 2.2 would ultimately bug me to the point of selling the phone if they were missing. Dont misunderstand me, im not completely happy with Android at all for its still a rather immature OS compared to Symbian and Windows Mobile. Like Apple's OS, im limited by the phones i buy due to functions or features i take for granted with Symbian that are not present on other OS platforms.

Androids Bluetooth implementation would drive me crazy ! As for games and apps still being available, thats not so much an issue either. Core functionality is.

Anyway i do no wish to swerve this thread off topic by concentrating on Android and its issues, rather stick to the camera question.
mode
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2010-09-20 06:18
I guess my main gripe about SE's tardiness in releasing an up to date android version has more to do with me being a fanboy than actually wanting the more current features although they are more than welcome. Being behind means money lost and I hate to see my favourite brand lose marketshare because of it. People are just gonna ask if it has the latest android, they wouldn't ask if it has flash 10.1 or Apps2sd. In my local andoid forum the X10 is one of the least active threads eventhough in the 'other phones' section other SE's are being discussed actively. This is because no one wants an outdated phone if they know they have other more up to date choices out there. SE can't depend on fanboys like me forever Well, we're off topic, let's just get back on track shall we
Ericsson EH97, GA628, GF768, A2618s, T29s Sony Ericsson T68i, S700i, P990i, Z558i, W902, W995, X10, Arc S
*Xperia V*White*Black MW600*Sandisk Mobile Ultra 64GB microSDXC*
pao9195
K770 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-20 08:37
for me, x10 mini is the best camera phone running on Android devices
Devices: Sony Ericsson k770i and Samsung Wave S8500
mlife
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2010-09-20 09:05

The Galaxy S does not even have a led light to support the camera, and has a 5 MP sensor. That's mediocre in my book.

That statement is simply false...

Original
[ This Message was edited by: mlife on 2010-09-20 08:13 ]
[addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi