Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > HTC > HTC unveils Htc Desire Hd and Htc Desire Z with New Htc Sense and htcsense.com

Author HTC unveils Htc Desire Hd and Htc Desire Z with New Htc Sense and htcsense.com
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-11-22 22:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
What issues??
Phone?? What phone??
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-11-23 01:00
The camera and video quality
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-11-24 20:24
Video quality is fine its just the camera and poor battery life.

Bad points of this phone:

Terrible battery life barely makes the day with no apps running,3G off,brightness set to auto,data background on & average use of internet calls & texts.

Awful camera blurry left side & with no camera key it's so hard to keep still so all photos are a mess,poor LED flash although strong has horrible yellowish colour but HD video is ok.

Poor back speaker so quiet when it rings it is useless one of the worst I ever heard.

Lags in conversation text list & main menu when scrolling to the end of main menu.

Music player average,feels too heavy easy to drop.

Really annoying cheap sim & sd card cover at bottom of the phone which does not fit properly & creaks & leaves unsightly gap where it fits to the phone.

Really annoying battery side cover I hate it & is awkward to get off.

Yes,I am in contract but it is already sold & I am buying something else unfortunately. Too bad really

These are expensive phones which are supposed to be the dogs b*****ks but they are not in reality they are over hyped expensive failures imo which do not ever live upto expectations. I am starting to wonder why I bother but I have already gone for something else which for me personally I know will be better.

Hope you all like your HD's cos in the end I never did And no it was not a case of boredom not that quick it has many good points but the bad outweigh the good,I was let down & I don't think I shall bother with HTC again
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-11-24 19:31 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-11-25 00:19
I knew it would be gone a week or so later i should have said you would be done with it the next week, i just knew the battery life and camera would play a part, never made sense you owning a DesireHD. what phone did you go for now? is it a Android?
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-11-25 00:42
I'm not too keen on the HD anymore, the camera is shockingly bad, didn't they even bother to test the phone out before releasing it? :/
If apple did that it would be like the world would implode there would be so much drama
[ This Message was edited by: mriley on 2010-11-24 23:44 ]
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-11-25 00:59

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-12-06 19:47 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-11-25 05:33
Bonovox
Sorry to hear you've let go of the HD.There is nothing worse than a creaky phone.I agree with the over hyped expensive failures in most cases.We fall for it every time.The Bastards have got us by the balls!
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-11-25 06:11
Just attended the launch of the DesireHD and Z here in the Philippines the other day...

Tell me why HTC Philippines would choose to have a giant photo of the Milky Way Galaxy as their backdrop? HAHAHAHAHAHA Talk about plugging the competition!

One of the reasons I like the X8 and X10 Mini/Mini Pro is because they reflect the true Android spirit... great hardware, in an affordable package. Although a perfect price point for both these phones would be about US$50 less than they are now.

The Desire HD and Z retail here for US$100 more than an officially unlocked iPhone 4. THAT is waaaay too expensive for an Android phone. Let alone phones that don't really bring anything NEW to the table... bigger screen... HD... all blah. Boring. Remotely wipe phone data... already done. Remotely track your phone... already done. I find it funny when manufacturers brag about Android features as if they were unique to THEIR product.

I don't know anyone who PRINTS their phone cam photos so anything over 3-5mp is overkill already. Infrared would be more useful. Bigger screen? Really? I think the Samsung Galaxy Tab is a laughable phone to hold up against your ear. And I don't like the idea of REQUIRING a headset to not look like a dork. For the Galaxy Tab to be more expensive than the iPad is ridiculous. I already think that the iPad is overpriced as it is... for a smaller Android tablet to cost more is even more laughable.

I agree w/ Bonovox that needs a new high-end phone... although Bonovox isn't fond of Android, I still prefer it due to app support and platform compatibility. 's Timescape, Mediascape and Home Screen UI have the potential... POTENTIAL mind you... to become the UIQ for Android if they really cleaned up the code and made it more responsive.
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-11-25 10:36
It is remarkable that the poor batterytime and the average camera quality that has been criticized on the Desire is even worse on the HD. This may backfire on HTC and affect their reputation
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-11-25 10:44
You may think I am nit picking at little things but they annoy me. Yes i have a proper camera for real photos but the HTC camera is so bad its unusable imo. Never before have I seen such a bad 8 meg camera totally useless it was more like an afterthought. I really thought this mobile expensive as it is would be top but its a real let down in so many ways. I did my research yet so many reviews and customers alike said how great it was T Mobile even through Carphone stores do not do returns only if faulty. I will now use a different mobile on my contract. I have had so many phones some I have stuck with a lot I have not. But I will day this I know no phone is perfect but I am fussy and signing on the dotted line leaves me stuck with an expensive mistake. These devices should be totally amazing for the price and for me even I preferred my cheaper x8. Don't these companies test their devices for quality and software?? Anyway like I said not much on the market right now I like but I do like the Samsung Wave which I have used. I do wish SE would pull their socks up and release more than one high end device. The x10 has become stale now imo. They dither and take too long on updates and releases and they leave me wanting cos they are still my fave brand of phone. Look at their range right now what do you see?? Not a great deal eh?? I have gone off HTC as fast as I started to like them. Something about their devices I just don't like. Big mistake but I have the money to put it right thankfully. I really did not think it would happen again but it did. You may think oh typical Bono being fussy again well yes cos I don't like carrying around an expensive heap of shit in my pocket. Judge for yourself the HD but I hate it now. HTC have thought too much about the screen on this one and the fact that it lags with this much RAM is terrible. I have drained the battery till it dies twice and charged it up for hours did everything possible but still the battery is crap one of the worst I ever seen.

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-11-25 09:53 ]
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-11-25 11:58
You`re not nit picking. It`s annoying that the features that you trust the most to work fail
volvoman
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-12-05 00:02
Well I am more than happy with my HD. Battery life is better on my Desire HD than on my Desire. I can get two days with my HD with around and hour of calls 30 texts friend stream updating every hour, 20-30 emails a day, and around 4 hours of bluetooth use a day.

Camera quality is great, not had any issues with blurred pictures, video quality is brilliant, screen is awesome, and the new sense is a massive improvement. In general I love android, never had an iphone and not really interested in owning one.

I have always been an SE user, but after the Satio and then the X10 I felt very let down with SE. I moved onto HTC, and to be honest, SE will have to come up with something spectacular for me to move back to them.

Everyone looks at things in different ways, and HTC will not be for everyone, just the same as SE or Apple will not be for everyone either, there are plenty of manufactures out there to chose from, but for me at the moment HTC are the manufacture for me.

C702i x 2, T650i, K850i, W850i, K810i, K800i, tomtom GO 910, Brodit proclips.

Pitzon
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-28 23:28
I left the iphone 4 for the Desire HD and im very happy sofar, I think the people who complain regarding the cam have been struck by bad luck. I have had HTC Legend before and i got one with a crappy lens that made all pics look blurred and out of focus.

I feel the cam to be better than on my ip4. Otherwise i think ip4 is a much easier phone to handle and suits those who doesent want to play around much with settings and customization. I was quite bored at the end because i was quite limited to what apple allowed me to do with my phone. I couldnt watch youtube in high quality for example via 3G even though i pay for unlimited traffic in my contract and so on. Now i can do almost anything and enjoy HQ youtube. The sense user interface i amazing with the friend stream and so on. It looks good to

The cam in my DHD easily beats the one i had in my Ip4. There is a good guide on the xda forum for the camera, you should reduce the sharpness setting to -2 because it disables the noise reduction completely for example.

The bad thing is that changes made in the settings are made in so big steps. It would be better to fine tune them more but i found a way through this with the app "vignette" In this app i can more precisely tune the settings for contrast, exposure and so on. I use it without effects instead of the original camera interface.

Havent had any issues whatsoever with my DHD and im very happy for it. Despite its size it actually is more comfortable to hold or keep in my pocket compared to ip4. That was really surprising.

Some cam samples straight from the phone and shot with the orignal camera app. Still there is tons of settings to play around with.

This one is shot with the "depth view" effect mode so the blur are meant to be there

The colours sometimes is a little pale but a quick fix with "auto tune" in the onboard editor does the trick most of te times.
[ This Message was edited by: Pitzon on 2011-01-28 22:40 ]
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-29 01:01

[ This Message was edited by: Toney_Ericsson on 2011-06-01 23:45 ]
"OPEN SOURCE REQUIRES OPEN PEOPLE" Sent from my Quietly Brilliant HTC.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi