Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Nokia > How i could get IMSI number of my nokia mobile phone ?

Author How i could get IMSI number of my nokia mobile phone ?
nytman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-09-13 13:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi Friends,
I am an engineering final year student of electronics and communication,I am trying to findout IMSI number of any cell phone, for that i have NOKIA 3310 with me, can any one please suggest me how could i get IMSI of my mobile.
Waiting for your response.

Thanks in advance
glorfingal
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-13 14:34
i don't think you can - most handsets send the tmsi instead .....
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
nytman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-09-14 11:26
Hi Sir,
Thanks for your precious suggestion, but my professor's told me that this is possible might be with not this NOKIA 3310, but from some other mobiles, i have NOKIA E63 also, so please suggest some thing through which i can get IMSI.
glorfingal
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-14 11:52
because the imsi number is unique to the sim card (and therefore secret) it's normally
encrypted by the phone's software - hence you normally can only get the tmsi. The imei
number is broadcast, but not the imsi number.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
nytman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-09-15 00:57
Hi Sir,
Thanks for your reply and for your precious suggestion, i already know these things that IMSI is unique and encrypted number of sim it belongs to the service provider and during each call establishment cell get a unique number which you called TMSI and by #06# we can get our mobile phone's IMEI number, so there must be some way by which i can get IMSI number of my sim, i searched and found there are some hardware tools available by the help of which we get IMSI but it is too costly, anyway thanks for your reply once again.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi