Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Hazel firmware updates? Reeflotz please read. )

Author Hazel firmware updates? Reeflotz please read. )
TinySarabia
Elm Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-09-11 16:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I would like to address this post to reeflotz since reading his post on http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=197372 . uhmmmm.. did you ever encounter problems with the latest firmware? the one with the 64 as the last two numbers... cuz oddly, I read a lot of problems about it on the sony ericsson website about the update disabling/deleting the widget, noise shield no longer useful(?)? for a better reference let me post another site that had problems with the firmware of hazel/elm. http://forums.se-nse.net/topi[....]-firmware-update-big-disaster/ . did you experience any of their problems reef? LONG LIVE !!!

any suggestions on how I should make my soon-to-be hazel really functional? like what update to install and such just like yours?
Anyone here have a smooth-sailing hazel unit that doesn't manifest any problems quoted from above?
[ This Message was edited by: TinySarabia on 2010-09-11 16:31 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-09-11 17:46
On a previous Elm on O2 I updated to the 64 firmware and found the noise shield and clear voice functions gone. It was not in the calls menu either.
Phone?? What phone??
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2010-09-11 18:01
Okay so I read the thread, he also linked the thread I started. What I started and posted in the thread Hazel J20i Firmwares was my own personal experience of the new firmware, and frankly I like the newer firmware, its faster than the previous one.

In his post he said the noise shield does not work and he also said:

-They moved the nice easy shortcut of noise shield and clear voice into the call settings, now these settings cannot be accessed in a phone conversation( you must go to main menu and find them while in a call)

the part about "you must go to main menu and find them while in a call" that's not true, you just simply enable them in the settings and every time someone calls you it's already turned on or off depending on what you set. You don't have to go through all that every time someone calls you.

-The middle button has now become a shortcut for music in an ongoing call ( like wtf are they doing)

This one is clearly written on the user manual, I assume he did not read it, It's written under user manual:
Contents > Calling > Making and Answering Calls > Background music

quote from the user manual:

"You can add background music to an ongoing call. When activated, background music can be heard by all participants. When the microphone is muted, the background music continues to play."

- Widgets stopped working, I had to reupgrade my phone through SEUS because i initially did it through my mobiles wifi. Then they worked

A lot of people experienced this, and found out that rebooting your phone will put back the widgets, there was even a member there that replied that he was also able to get the widgets back by rebooting the phone. I updated mine through SEUS which is why I did not encounter this.

so there, I would say that most of his problems were "user error" although of course I leave the judgment to you whether you will believe me or not

The only thing I cannot confirm is that Tracker application problem he was encountering, I never tried it and I don't use it I like the newer firmware, its faster and it removed the bug of the camera freezing when taking a video and when switching from video to picture mode.

Suggestions to make your soon-to-be hazel really functional? So far the things I did was, install opera mini, bought a microSD placed some mp3s, videos, installed Hiron's Acoustics, and got myself an HPM-64 from my friend and plugged a sound isolating earphones on it's 3.5mm jack so that I can fully experience Hiron's Acoustics. The headsets that came with Hazel are not good, just a standard one.
I also bought a screen protector but before I placed it, I made a small fold outwards at the corner of the screen protector, so that if I have to replace it it would be easy to remove
[ This Message was edited by: reeflotz on 2010-09-11 17:36 ]
Hazel J20i [Bricked], Sony Xperia Go
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
Run_dawn10
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-09-12 03:40
I have no problems with the latest firmware, the widgets work and I can access the Noise Shield and Clear Voice settings in the Settings menu.

And reeflotz, are the default earbuds of the HPM-64 any good? I don't need a noise cancelling but I need something better than the stock earbuds that come with the phone.

Nokia 6070 (2006-2009), K550 (second hand 2009-2010), Hazel (J20i) (2010-2011), Samsung Galaxy S II (2011-2012), Samsung Galaxy S III (2012-2014), Sony Xperia Z3 (2014-)
TinySarabia
Elm Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-09-12 03:58
Wow... Thanks reef and everyone.. Reef, will update you the moment I buy my hazel. LONG LIVE !
[ This Message was edited by: TinySarabia on 2010-09-12 03:02 ]
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2010-09-12 06:15
@ Run_dawn10

HPM-64's default earbuds have good bass and it's way better than the stock ones when I tried it, but if you're going to buy a new one anyway I think the sound isolating ones like HPM-70, 77 and 82 are better, depends whether you are more comfortable with the ones with the rubber seals or the ones that are similar to stock earbuds. Anyway as long as you have the fastport to 3.5mm adaptor from any of those walkman headsets you can plug almost any type of 3.5mm headsets giving you a lot of choices to which one you will like

@ TinySarabia

Cheers!
[ This Message was edited by: reeflotz on 2010-09-12 05:17 ]
Hazel J20i [Bricked], Sony Xperia Go
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi