Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Kita/Yari or Hazel/Elm?

Author Kita/Yari or Hazel/Elm?
TinySarabia
Elm Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-08-05 16:44
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Ok first of all let me introduce myself, I am TinySarabia, new member, live in the Philippines.. So I understand this is the Sony Ericsson section of the forums, eh? I don't know where to post my problem but for the moderators, feel free to guide my post to the proper place.. Thank you... So here is my problem...

I've saved up money lately, with a budget of 13k(in pesos). I've been thinking of buying a Sony Ericsson phone that fit into my budget, and these three caught my eye: SE Kita, and SE Elm/Hazel... I am so confused as to which phone I should consider buying... I just want a stable phone that can send SMS, Call, occasional gaming, and some camera and mp3 time(I would also consider the EXTERNAL FEATURES).. I did some research on those three and I'm a bit torn... I know not one single phone can be perfect, but help me choose with consideration to my preferences... As I researched, both Elm and Hazel have Wi-fi, sadly for Kita... I also understand that Kita is Gaming-heavy phone, but also with exceptional features similar to both Elm and Hazel... According to online reviews, Kita also has an impressive speaker and media player...

So guys, help me... If I were to put you in my shoes, which one would you choose and why??? HELLLLLP!
goldcrow
Elm Black
PM
Posted: 2010-08-05 17:34
You posted in the correct section, don't worry. Fellow Filipino here hehe.

If I were you, I'd go for the Elm. The Yari is priced a bit too high at around 12k last time I checked. The Elm can be had for around Php 9k and the Hazel around Php 11k. Honestly though if I had 13k, I'd save up a bit more and go for the Xperia X10 mini pro at around Php 15-16k but since you don't need a smart phone, just go for the Elm or Hazel, depends on which form factor you prefer. Much more value for money than the Yari imo.
TinySarabia
Elm Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-08-05 17:39
Hey goldcrow, are there any "problems" with those three phones that you can share to me??? Like for example, slider phones are prone to flex breakdowns and etc...
goldcrow
Elm Black
PM
Posted: 2010-08-05 18:25
Besides the quite unnoticeable blue and orange lines that appear on low-light pictures for the Elm and Hazel, no real problems so far. Slider phones are tough as long as you don't abuse the slide feature but there's that chance of the flex breaking. Had an se Z710 flip and it suffered this problem but I abused the hell out of that one.
groovepeppy
Elm Black
PM
Posted: 2010-08-06 04:35
I would definitely go for Hazel with wi-fi as a plus from Yari, also Hazel got 2.6" display.
Here is some specification you can compare

Why i didn't recommend you for Elm, that is because Elm is just the same like Hazel but have only 2.2" screen and no videocall cam, cheaper though

You can look here to compare between Elm and Hazel

Hope this help you to choose a bit
[ This Message was edited by: groovepeppy on 2010-08-06 03:38 ]
Black Sensation Z710e - Black Apollo 9360
xclbr
Elm Black
PM
Posted: 2010-08-06 05:53
ELM
Pros: one of the best 5mp camera phone, slim and sexy design, wifi, micro sd card slot (hot swap), candy bar design so you dont have to worry about the flex issues.

cons: short wifi range, camera doesnt perform well in low light conditions

Happy shopping sayo binibini
[ This Message was edited by: xclbr on 2010-08-06 04:55 ]
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2010-08-06 07:49
hello, pinoy rin po

since you have 13k budget I recommend Hazel, When I bought mine it cost me 13.5k. The large vibrant screen is definitely good and worth the extra cost, but if you want to save some money and don't mind a smaller screen and no videocall cam, elm would be the next best thing, Depends whether you prefer slider or candybar type of phone

cons are similar to Elm camera, it doesn't perform well in low light conditions.
[ This Message was edited by: reeflotz on 2010-08-06 06:53 ]
TinySarabia
Elm Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-08-06 11:39

On 2010-08-06 05:53:57, xclbr wrote:
ELM
Pros: one of the best 5mp camera phone, slim and sexy design, wifi, micro sd card slot (hot swap), candy bar design so you dont have to worry about the flex issues.

cons: short wifi range, camera doesnt perform well in low light conditions

Happy shopping sayo binibini
[ This Message was edited by: xclbr on 2010-08-06 04:55 ]

hoy hindi po ako binibini. ahahahaha!
anyway, thank you tol..
TinySarabia
Elm Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-08-06 11:45
Everyone, thank you for your opinions, if you have any more input, just feel free to comment here... As of now I'm leaning towards Elm since both Kita and Hazel are slider phones, thus being prone to flex breakdowns... But if you can teach some ways of taking care of flex/slider phones, then probably I might buy one... Much appreciation for all of you..
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2010-08-06 12:14
If you're worried about flex breakdowns then i guess Elm would be a much better choice, at least you won't feel worried that the phone might break due to the flex

To be honest I'm hoping that my Hazel's flex would last for years up to the day that I would have to buy a new phone again

The best you can do in a slider phone is to slide it very gently.
geza079
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2010-08-06 21:52
What exactly is the range of Elm's wi-fi ?
TinySarabia
Elm Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-08-07 05:48
to quote someone in this forum said that the durability of slider phones depend on its design.

"It depends IMO more on how well the phone has been designed. I have friends with phones which are sliders and 5 years old. I have a N95 8gb which is almost 3 years old. All mentioned sliding phone still work perfectly. "

So here in Davao, Philippines, how do slider phones fare in your opinion? My girlfriend bought a W595 last year and had never used it for more than a week. It took three months before the phone got repaired due to "software" problems as the technician stated. Like 3 days after she claims again it from the service center, it goes bonkers again, and shipped backed to Manila for repair. This happened in 3 separate occasions... Is this an ongoing trend with Sony Ericsson slide phones? Or are all slider phones in the Philippines this "durable"?
[ This Message was edited by: TinySarabia on 2010-08-07 04:51 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi