Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sending contact details on x10 mini pro

Author Sending contact details on x10 mini pro
enroy
K750
PM
Posted: 2010-07-18 20:22
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Very impressed with the Xperia X10 mini pro; but a small question. How does one send contact details (business cards) on Xperia X10 mini pro?
darbo
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2010-07-18 20:46
the way i did this was to go to the contact hold your finger or the persons number copy it
then go to your message and paste it there,
enroy
K750
PM
Posted: 2010-07-19 03:58
Thanks, but that seems to be an unintuitive way of doing it.. Why on earth did SE not provide an option of just sending the contact as a business card, the way "un-smart" phones do! I wish the basic phone functions are not done away with in these smart phones of today.
Kimi
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2010-07-19 10:16

On 2010-07-19 03:58:08, enroy wrote:
Thanks, but that seems to be an unintuitive way of doing it.. Why on earth did SE not provide an option of just sending the contact as a business card, the way "un-smart" phones do! I wish the basic phone functions are not done away with in these smart phones of today.
I agree. This is a feature missing on Android. Maybe it has been added in version 2.1, I don't know. I use the "Bluetooth File Transfer" app to send contacts via Bluetooth.
Maybe anyone found an app for doing this via SMS or Email?
The GLENSTR
T68i
PM
Posted: 2010-10-08 10:47

I agree. This is a feature missing on Android. Maybe it has been added in version 2.1, I don't know. I use the "Bluetooth File Transfer" app to send contacts via Bluetooth.
Maybe anyone found an app for doing this via SMS or Email?

@Kimi Please expound on how you did it? I'm having problems sending my contacts from K800i to Xperia X10 mini pro. Thanks
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-10-08 10:56
There are work arounds... but the best way to do this is to kinda change the way you used to do things.

Android phones are the 1st "cloud" devices.

As such, the path I decided to take was to abandon how I used to do things with UIQ/Symbian/syncing..etc.

With your K800 (or any other phone you used to have)... has SE Sync. This is supposed to ease the transfer over to a newer phone from an older phone

But if you want to stick with Android... the best way is always through Gmail.

From your K800 export your phonebook to a single vcard... then upload to Gmail.

If you want to (I did), clear all existing contacts in Gmail then import the vcard.

Your Android phone will now automatically pull all the contacts from your Gmail/Google Apps account. End.

This is a pain to do the first time but makes things easier in the long run.

I've found a few vcard apps but none of them are as seamless as they used to be. Seems that the current form of vcard exchange is through QR Codes. I made one for my vCard and I've been using that ever since. It seems to be a step backwards from the older vCard system... but more people seem to be adopting QR Code cards NOW than the more efficient vCards (go figure)
The GLENSTR
T68i
PM
Posted: 2010-10-08 12:04
@jplacson: Thanks for the info.. I tried using vcardio, and Bluetooth file transfer and hey it worked like a charm..

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi