Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > First impressions of Samsung Wave & Bada OS

Author First impressions of Samsung Wave & Bada OS
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-07-28 20:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Ive never been all that in love with touch driven Symbian, regardless of the handset.

Im still finding functions missing in my Satio that was present in the N95 8gb phone i came from.

Clearly, Symbian 3 and 4 will be much more touch orientated and provide a better experience.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
JohnM
Samsung Galaxy S i9000
PM
Posted: 2010-08-04 16:04
Love ARDefender on the Wave... great augmented reality game, easy to play, fun and works well too. Anyone else tried it?
Trusted trader.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-08-06 19:48
Whats its about ? is it a free download ? ill give it a look when i next see this missus and get a play with her Wave.
miguel82
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-08-06 22:04

On 2010-07-24 05:29:11, pao9195 wrote:
Wave is very very far behind SE Vivas

Thats your opinion... I have a wave for 3 days now and i still cant find anything better on vivaz/satio.
And things like user friendlyness, screen, audio quality wave gives 2-0 to those SE phones. (actually the screen is 5-0 )
Even the camara on wave is quite good like on satio (outdoors)
Some things and settings are a bit confusing at first time, but after a few days you get used to and dont want to go back to symbian crap
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-08-06 22:13
I played with the Wave a live one & it felt nicer than the Galaxy. The build quality is stunning & the look & feel
Phone?? What phone??
JohnM
Samsung Galaxy S i9000
PM
Posted: 2010-08-07 14:26
Agreed, wave build quality is superb. Would be great if it had android. Bada isn't too bad, sort of a bridge between smart phone and feature phone.
Trusted trader.
adnansanni
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-08-07 19:18

On 2010-08-06 22:13:15, Bonovox wrote:
I played with the Wave a live one & it felt nicer than the Galaxy. The build quality is stunning & the look & feel

..Adnan..
miguel82
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-08-07 21:48
yes wave build quality is great... and very solid.
galaxy S is a good looking phone but you may get the feeling that if you drop it the phone will broke into many pieces! lol
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-08-16 22:03
Most phones which are mainly built of metal rather than plastics like the Galaxy feel much more solid and well built.

Thats why im looking forward to the N8.
borg_
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2010-08-17 12:38
Another one with a Wave since last Saturday

After being a Die Hard Fan of and /// since 1997, i bought the Samsung Wave and it's really a great phone from Samsung.

Just hope that have a model like this one on the near future
[ This Message was edited by: borg_ on 2010-08-17 11:39 ]
Xperia ZL White + C905 Ice Silver + MW600 + MBW-150 Executive + /// T39m Ericsson Technology
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-08-17 12:49
Dont you find Bada really limited or annoying with its options as opposed to Symbian ?

The other day i used my girlfriends and it wouldnt let me cancel a download from Samsung Apps. 20mb the file was, but every time i hit the icon, it just paused the download and then if i hit it again it restarted it.

It was only until the next day, after feeling pretty bad about using up 20mb of my girlfriends unlimited (T-Mobile 150mb unlimited - yeah right) bandwith, which probably resulted in her being charged, for an app which failed to run too, did i notice instead if you hit the edit button in the top left corner of the menu screen you can cancel it from there.

Not very intuitive if you ask me !
borg_
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2010-08-17 18:22

On 2010-08-17 12:49:23, etaab wrote:
Dont you find Bada really limited or annoying with its options as opposed to Symbian ?

No i donīt, and it's just the opposite. I had the Satio for a while and i just prefer the Wave and it's UI

The other day i used my girlfriends and it wouldnt let me cancel a download from Samsung Apps. 20mb the file was, but every time i hit the icon, it just paused the download and then if i hit it again it restarted it.

It was only until the next day, after feeling pretty bad about using up 20mb of my girlfriends unlimited (T-Mobile 150mb unlimited - yeah right) bandwith, which probably resulted in her being charged, for an app which failed to run too, did i notice instead if you hit the edit button in the top left corner of the menu screen you can cancel it from there.

Not very intuitive if you ask me !

You're right to cancel a download the only option is hit the edit button and cancel it.

Xperia ZL White + C905 Ice Silver + MW600 + MBW-150 Executive + /// T39m Ericsson Technology
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-08-18 00:13
I was going deep into the phones settings, even though they're not very deep at all, trying to figure out how to stop the download. Rather silly i think to edit the menu icons in order to cancel a download.

The two just arent linked in my mind. Its like, selecting a new ringtone and going into display options. Silly.

Regarding the point of settings, i do find the Wave's settings really shallow. You go into settings to find things like display, connectivity etc, as you would expect, but where on a Symbian handset you'd find lots of options, menus and submenus, on the Bada phone you get a single screen with very little to pick from.

I remember one setting, for downloading i was expecting to see lots of options where to save files to, what connection to use, that kind of thing, to find only one option, which if i remember right was "download via wifi priority". Is that it !? is that all the options i get to choose from ? yes or no ? Limited indeed !
JohnM
Samsung Galaxy S i9000
PM
Posted: 2010-08-22 14:27
Couple of 720p HD video clips shot with Wave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-YX8-YnkbI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_ROMCisPL8
Trusted trader.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-09-22 15:04
The Wave keeps on getting more popular, see here.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic