Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > When is the Sony ericsson Aspen out?

Author When is the Sony ericsson Aspen out?
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2010-06-11 17:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Any idea when the Sony ericsson Aspen will be released?
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2010-06-12 19:13
no one know this
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-06-15 13:18

On 2010-06-12 19:13:10, julias wrote:
no one know this

No information AFAIK.
But I suppose it will appear very soon.
a w a r e
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2010-11-24 23:52
And where is this phone?
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-11-25 10:57
This phone has been available here with Orange.
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2010-11-25 16:39

On 2010-11-25 10:57:31, tranced wrote:
This phone has been available here with Orange.

In Santo Domingo sorry but have no idea where that is?
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-11-25 19:04
This is in Dominican Republic. The Caribbean is known to you?
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2010-11-25 19:59
Ok right now i know thanks
fairen
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-05-12 01:37
It's been released. I checked with timtechs and they have this phone factory unlocked.
uanitaJ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-10-25 11:48
Highlights

Windows Mobile 6.5.3
Sony Ericsson GreenHeart
QWERTY keyboard
Quad-band GSM / EDGE
3.2 megapixel camera
A-GPS
Bluetooth
WiFi

The Sony Ericsson Aspen (Fe) is an endangered species for two reasons: a new device with Windows Mobile 6 times and also has a touchscreen and a QWERTY keyboard front. There are very few smart phones that come with this configuration, but for a select few that represent the pinnacle of practical design.
This is a pre-production unit and therefore has none of the accessories and may have some bugs to be resolved in time for launch, so I'll go easy on any small spikes could be resolved by the time you can buy.

First Impressions
When I first saw the picture above excited me a bit about the prospect of dealing with this phone, but it would be safe to say that the photographer has done a brilliant job so they are better than real life. It certainly is not ugly, but it looks black, as in almost all fronts keyboarder other devices on the market. I hate to say this, but there is a touch of 'i-mate' in the design of the facade. '
The rear is very intelligent and the top has a sense of Sony Ericsson with a useful grip on the bottom striatum. The curved edges add some style which is, unfortunately, in contradiction to the rigidity of the front.

Screen
The screen, 2.4 ", is not large and this phone seems even smaller than it is. There is a large black envelope that appears to be there for no reason at all and this puts him at odds with the size of keypad. The size of the text on the main screen summarizes this problem, more than anything and everything feels tighter. Take the outskirts of Aspen and experience worse, besides being difficult to select anything, even with a stylus, just go blank if the sun has decided to make a brief appearance.
The screen alone makes this device difficult to use, but to be fair Sony Ericsson has not stopped there in terms of creating a smartphone that is fun to use almost zero.

Keyboard
I love how all the phone creaks when I write (sarcasm intended). The natural method of holding a smartphone when writing requires you to push in the back and in this particular model (may be a matter of pre-production?) It creaks a hell of a lot, so much that can be listening on the move.
The keys are quite steep but also very small. The experience of writing is not terrible at all, but the fact that the keys do not have space and are perfectly in line with other continuously made me hit 'm' instead of 'n'. At least that's what I thought until I realized that the bottom row of letters are pushed to the left to make way for the comma, return the keys that can write terribly difficult. It is not entirely horrible, but the huge amount of space devoted to the navigation platform and four buttons above the keyboard seem like a waste to me.
[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2011-10-25 12:43 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi