Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > Apple Presents iPhone 4

Previous  123 ... 515253 ... 697071  Next
Author Apple Presents iPhone 4
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-07-29 18:44
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I suppose if someone is so simple as to not have a pc, they would be too simple to upload media onto the device anyway.

Like i said earlier in this thread, much of Apple's customers are probably only into the iPhone as a fashion accessory.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2010-07-29 19:20
thats strange, I've only ever seen people using the iphone for phone calls, texting, listening to music, watching videos etc..., things people do with such devices... I've never seen anyone wearing them

I wouldn't even say they are especially good looking devices either, but anyway... I think we get it now that you're not a fan but you do seem to be letting us know every little thing that you don't like

I do remember though that Nokia made a line of wearable devices... but thats another story...

btw, I got my black bumper yesterday, tried it on and took it right off as its not my style
Intemporium
Sony Xperia P
PM
Posted: 2010-07-29 19:34

On 2010-07-27 00:44:48, mriley wrote:
I remember steve jobs calling the iPhone 4 antenna "brilliant engineering." Turn your slim iPhone 4 into a chunky 3GS by strapping a band of rubber around it! For such a huge price you must be crazy to buy this phone...

I agree
GA318, GF768, T28s, T39m, T610, P800, P990i, P1i, Xperia X10 Mini Pro, Xperia Mini Pro, Xperia P, Xperia Z1 compact, Xperia Z5 compact.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-07-30 01:22
Bah ! Masseur and his sarcasm. You know who i mean, the millions of people who buy the iPhone and only ever text, call or take pictures with it and not much else. I know several such iPhone owners.

But you're wrong, i am a fan, just not a fan that could use an iPhone as his main phone yet. Its still too limited for me. I did think the first three iPhones were gorgeous to look at. Lets face it they've not really been bettered looks wise. Not as keen on the iPhone 4 though, even though it feels so well built i could throw it and it would survive every time. Even though it wont so nobody get any ideas. Im not as keen on its side panels (antenna issues aside), i preferred the curves of old.
SloopJohnB
K750
PM
Posted: 2010-07-30 05:12
I've never met an iphone user that only uses it for calls and texting. They all use at least a couple of apps, safari, email and ipod. Now, I've seen many many symbian users that only do calls and texting.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-07-30 11:05
Exactly SloopJohnB.
I pursuaded my mother to get herself a iPhone3GS late last year, this is someone who has Nseries phones, WM phones and a BB, on all of those all she did was Call,text and Email (BB). When she got the iPhone she became more interested in what it can do. She now uses it for very lite web browsing, she streams music videos/concerts off YouTube, uses it as her iPod, and has even installed a few apps one of them being for Internet radio,another being the DSTV Guide app. Ive seen the same in other non-tech minded iPhone users, suddenly they dont mind getting on a data plan, it realy has had a big influence on how the "average user" uses their phone, i personaly am not a fan, i love how the iPhone2G looked and how the iPhone4 looks,the other 2 were nasty but i respect and appreciate what Apple have done to the industry, i wonder if we would have had Google Android, and all these other OSs getting their act together, making their UIs more user friendly,making better quality apps for free or cheap etc...if it wasnt for Apple and the iPhone + AppStore.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2010-07-30 12:01
I actually prefer the design of the iP4. I never was too keen on the initial designs.
voda_jon
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2010-07-30 12:57
@goldenface am with u on the design thing. I like my phones to be industrial looking an the iPhone 4 has that look due to No curves lol.

I'm surprised how etaab can say how certain ppl only text and call on the iPhone. When u look at the number of apps sold surely most users have downloaded at least a free app at some point.

Anyway getting back on track again.... Anyone played pik pok flick football and whats ur high score? Mine is currently at 73 straight goals lol.
scouser_75
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2010-07-30 13:13
I tempted to download flick football. But I know once download that I'll start downloading a million other apps

As for the iPhone 4 design. Stylistically/aesthetically I preferred the previous designs. But style differs from one person to the next. BUT ergonomically the iP4 design is far less user friendly and uncomfortable than the previous design. The amount of times I've almost dropped it. My friends have dropped theirs many times.

Oh, and finally, and TBH, the main purpose of the iPhone is wasted on fanboys. I mean, come on, how many friends do they really have to call??? I guess they probably have fanboy conventions where they make likeminded mates and all
Pochi
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2010-07-30 13:59
Only good thing about Apple iPhone is the support it gets from developers and the high quality of its application, compared to Google Android ones.

So sad.
Visit My Blog At: http://www.ffxivlife.com/
Superluminova
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2010-07-30 13:59
Finally got an iPhone yesterday. Can anyone recommend as good quality cases?
OBEY GAINT
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2010-07-30 19:40

On 2010-07-30 11:05:18, Tsepz_GP wrote:
Exactly SloopJohnB.
I pursuaded my mother to get herself a iPhone3GS late last year, this is someone who has Nseries phones, WM phones and a BB, on all of those all she did was Call,text and Email (BB). When she got the iPhone she became more interested in what it can do. She now uses it for very lite web browsing, she streams music videos/concerts off YouTube, uses it as her iPod, and has even installed a few apps one of them being for Internet radio,another being the DSTV Guide app. Ive seen the same in other non-tech minded iPhone users, suddenly they dont mind getting on a data plan, it realy has had a big influence on how the "average user" uses their phone, i personaly am not a fan, i love how the iPhone2G looked and how the iPhone4 looks,the other 2 were nasty but i respect and appreciate what Apple have done to the industry, i wonder if we would have had Google Android, and all these other OSs getting their act together, making their UIs more user friendly,making better quality apps for free or cheap etc...if it wasnt for Apple and the iPhone + AppStore.

WoW Mrs Gucci,
is a respected lady then cos I don't know if it's just my Mom but she is just into her old phone as see's if it works then know need to get a new one, plus she doesn't care about these hi-tech handsets lol

Backk to iP4 I would still look at this phone myself in my next upgrade which is due for July,
but I simply prefer the look of thw white handset and im pretty confident that Apple will get that handset working better (Touchwood)
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-07-31 12:42
The kind of people i know who have iPhones are either all style conscious people like my sister who is a solicitor and her partner who is a doctor, who basically use their iPhones as a phone to text, sms and use the iPod functionality OR local chavs where i live who use it for the same purpose except to (probably) video each other happy slapping strangers.

I know personally around 15 friends or people who own one of the iPhones, from the first to the latest. Only one of them from speaking to them uses it to its full potential. Yes some of them download the odd app every now and then, but not really do so intensively. To them, its just another phone, not a smartphone. Funnily, the one friend i have who has the iPhone 4 is the only one who has owned every iPhone since 2007, uses it for more than basic functions and downloads apps, music, videos, games and other content onto it daily. But then he is like me in that respect.

So it might surprise people like voda_jon, but from my experience its true. It might vary from area to area however.

masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2010-07-31 14:22
still pigeon-holing iphone users I see

I would suggest that these 15 friends would use any smart phone the way the do the iphone so the fact they have an iphone is fairly irrelevant?... and probably, most smart phones don't get fully utilised by most people because they do now offer such a diversity of functionality

strangely for an iphone user perhaps, I almost never listen to music on mine preferring instead to watch music videos
I also don't MMS at all, and only text a little, though I do email a tremendous amount

but I still consider that I utilise 90%+ of the functionality available
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-07-31 17:29
Pigeon.. no not at all. But, the iPhone is a brand now which people buy into. Thats my point. I suggest the majority of people who buy the iPhone or consider buying one only think of that first, because its an iPhone, even the i before its name would suggest it is something that other phones are not to the average user. When really, its far from it.

Also the 15 or so people (not all friends) who i know own an iPhone probably would use for example a Satio or an Elm in exactly the same way, its not irrelevant, it proves my point entirely that they only chose the iPhone due to its brand name.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 515253 ... 697071  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic