Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > X2 Case cracking already!

Author X2 Case cracking already!
prodjsxb
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-30 14:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
After going through this with my X1 which I took very good care of, I was sure to be extra careful with the X2.
SE blamed HTC for the design flaw that lead to cracks in the X1, well SE... what do you say about the X2 then???

After picking up my phone yesterday I felt a sharper more jagged feel near my camera button. I did not pay attention to it at first, but I felt it again and took a closer look. This is what I found!

DO NOT REPOST OR UPLOAD THESE PICTURES ANYWHERE ELSE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!(linking to this thread is ok)

Here you can see the crack goes through to where the metal tab for the battery cover locks.

So the question remains, was I just unlucky? Anybody else notice cracking there in that spot? Looking at it closely I can tell you it's awfully thin and I can't see it holding up for very long.

The only thing I can say that I do differently from the average X2 owner is swap out my batteries every day. I have a standalone charger and 2 spare batteries since my X1 and I prefer to swap fresh batteries every morning instead of using USB to charge so that I don't prematurely wear out (or break) the USB jack, as was a problem with some X1s. Surely this cant cause abnormal case cracking can it???
[ This Message was edited by: prodjsxb on 2010-05-30 13:26 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-05-30 14:27
Oh dear mate that's bad luck. Well I don't believe it would be HTC's fault when we all know track record with poor build quality
Phone?? What phone??
prodjsxb
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-30 14:31

On 2010-05-30 14:27:30, Bonovox wrote:
Oh dear mate that's bad luck. Well I don't believe it would be HTC's fault when we all know track record with poor build quality

Nope, SE can only blame themselves for this one. HTC had nothing to do with the X2
prodjsxb
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-31 11:36
Update, a couple of people have come forward already on XDA who have noticed the same cracks on their X2.

We might also think it has something to do with the placement of the camera button in proximity to that spot.
When you press the button it also puts a lot of stress in that area.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-05-31 11:39
Sorry about that.

Would be interesting to know how many people have this problem.

If it is widespread then that is infuriatingly disappointing after SE promised that they would sort out their build quality issues.

It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
prodjsxb
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-01 16:57

On 2010-05-31 11:39:34, Dups! wrote:
Sorry about that.

Would be interesting to know how many people have this problem.

If it is widespread then that is infuriatingly disappointing after SE promised that they would sort out their build quality issues.

Yeah, I want to know myself how many users around the world have noticed this. I have taken very good care of my X2 and still it cracked. Apart from that it looks almost brand new! What a disappointing shame.

I wrote to SE Customer support but have not received a reply about this issue so far.
TimeKiller
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-01 19:22
I don't think anyone receives any replies from SE customer support if he asks anything about X2 - I write an e-mail regarding missing rSAP and no reply, then I call XPERIA call center and nobody pick ups the call only "leave a message..." after that nobody returns your call
prodjsxb
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-04 01:03
Update:

Heard back from SE, this crack is a warranty issue. So if you have it, you should contact them.
fairen
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-07-01 01:32
Luckily it's under warranty. Would be shame if they didn't do anything about it at all as it's obviously becoming a common issue to users
ion668
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-08-10 10:55
this was also happened on my xperia x2. the good thing was, it is under warranty. i got new one. but i have encountered a lot of issues on x2 and SE support team here in the philippines haven't fixed it yet (please see sony ericson > support forum site for further details. i posted it there). i got 4 replacement from SE support team because they were not able to fix all of it that's why i asked for refund and they agreed. now, i''m just waiting 2 business days to process my refund
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi