Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > HTC > Which one do you prefer? X10 or Desire?

Author Which one do you prefer? X10 or Desire?
adnansanni
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-05-29 21:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hey guys, I've never used android before. So I don't know much about this Operating System. This time I want to have one. I studied few days about new handsets those are offered right now at the market and found X10 and Desire I like most.
X10 has 1.6 android and will be updated to 2.1
And Desire has 2.1 and will be updated to 2.2
My question are;
Are there really big differences between 1.6 and 2.1?
And those who already used both, could you share your reviews and rate the both phones?
I know the hardware difference between these two phones, but want to know about actual performance and usability.
Thanks in advance.
..Adnan..
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2010-05-29 21:52
I'm no android expert (yet) though I have tried three devices so far but...

in my office is a guy with an X10 and a guy with the desire and we often come together to compare notes (with my iphone 3gs of course). I'm impressed actually that many of my common used apps are also available now in the android market!

In my opinion from what I have seen of the X10 and desire, the desire is once slick device and is coming very very close to becoming my second phone. I nearly got one for my wife a while back but at the last minute she decided it was much more than she needed.

again, from what I have seen of them both, I would go for the desire... indeed the guy with the X10 now wishes he made the same choice
hydro-
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-05-29 22:01
X10... The desire is nice and all, but I was using my friends one the other day and it just doesn't flow as nice as the X10.
adnansanni
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-05-29 22:10
Thanks @masseur; that was a quick reply and it helps me a lot.
I’ve also a 3GS and happy with it as it is my primary phone. As a secondary phone, I’m going sell my Nokia E72 and want to get X10 or Desire. Actually I’ve had too many symbian phones, so I’m little bit bored with it even with N8 I don’t feel the excitement anymore. 2.2 android currently rate 1-5x faster than 2.1; so update to 2.2 on desire, sounds good to me, and also think hardware capability wise Desire can go up to 3 version of android where Sony Ericsson only offer 2.1 update on December in this year. May be I’m wrong but I’ve known that X10 doesn’t support multi touch. Nowadays without multi-touch, a touch screen phone won’t be user friendly anymore and specially on web browser.
But if there isn’t big deal between those two phones, then I won’t mind to get X10 which has slightly better camera. But again OS is my big concern.
I had HTC HD2, found touch capability isn’t brilliant as iPhone and made mistake while typing. Is there such problem still exist now?
I wonder how are the battery life and sound quality (in a call) in these two phones.

Also thanks to @hydro for his opinion.
..Adnan..
MWEB
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-29 22:11
A Nexus up to date FW is what matters these days, X10 is weak in that regard, Desire plays 2nd fiddle to Nexus, Iphone V4 might put them back in the game though :0
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2010-05-29 23:34
even i was deciding between those two a month back, and i went for htc desire. both phones are nice, but i found typing on htc desire to be alot better. it has much better prediction. otherwise both screens are responsive. the volume of x10 is extremely low, and i find htc desire's to be good. Music quality of both the devices are great, however the bundled headset with htc sux.

Now other reason why i choose desire over x10 is because, its got newer os and multi touch. and soon it will be upgraded to 2.2, which means flash 10.1 support. Presently it does have flash lite 3 or 4 not sure. So browsing is better in my opinion(in desire).
X10 will get 2.1 in 2nd half, and god know's if it will be upgraded to 2.2 or not. even if it does, it will be very late.

x10 does have a bigger screen and imo looks better. But timescape is quite worthless. I find friend stream of desire to do the same job, and maybe better as i get to read even bigger updates in it than those tiles in timescape.

However, the camera of desire just sucks. most of the time you would get blurry pics out of it since it doesnt have image stabilizer(n no my hands arent shaky, well sometimes). IF camera is important to you, then desire is simply not for you. But i barely use mine.. so i dont care much about it.

If you type alot, then desire is definitely the one to get. You would just love its keyboard, but the phone is little narrow, so you might need to adjust holding it first, while typing.
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
adnansanni
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-05-30 00:18
Thanks @MWEB and special thanks to @djin for explanation. Could you tell me about the battery life?
..Adnan..
titus1
C901 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-30 00:54
@TS

Perhaps you might want to include the Samsung Galaxy S as an option...
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2010-05-31 02:45
your welcome, the battery life initially was very poor, it would go out in like not even a day, but i think after 3-4 days or maybe a week, it got alot better. with moderate use lasts upto 2 days and with heavy usage about 1 day. The most i managed to get so far was close to 3 days.. according to battery time lite(an application), with full charge its supposed to give about 7hr and 49 min of music playback.. and dont remember the web time and video time.

Samsung Galaxy S is also a great phone. check out its review on gsmarena.. It has a lot better graphic card in it and a better multi touch screen.
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi