Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > My P800 bluetooth conn. probl. with Sync SW solved

Author My P800 bluetooth conn. probl. with Sync SW solved
JaNeiJo
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-02-03 20:18
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I'w been strugling with bluetooth connection problem using 3com pc-card since i got my p800. Today i finaly got it to work! And now everyting works fine trough bluetooth (file-transfer, syncronising, installing software.......).
I hope this also works for other 3com users:

*Exit Bluetooth connection Manager

If Bluetooth connection Manager automaticly loads when you start windows, you have do disable this:
*Make new folder in start/programs menu called ex. "startup_copy"
*Move "Bluetooth connection Manager" from the original "Startup" folder to the new "startup_copy" folder.

*Restart your computer

*Right after "mRouter" (Phone connection link) has loaded, check both your bluetooth serial client and serial host virtual COM-ports. Your USB port can also stay checked. At this point you shouldnt get any error-messages.

*Open "Phone Monitor Options" in controlpanel. Enable both your bluetooth serial client and serial host virtual COM-ports also here. Disable all other ports! (Remember to APPLY settings!).

*Start Bluetooth connection Manager

Now you should be able to connect your P800 and sync through your 3com bluetooth pc-card.
This has worked for me on two computers with 3com bluetooth-adapters. I hope it works for you to.

PS: Remember to move "Bluetooth connection Manager" from the "startup_copy" folder back to original "Startup" folder.
notepad
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-05-12 19:17
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Thanks!
-it enabled me to sync my P800 with Outlook 2000 through my
3COM 3CREB96B USB Bluetooth adapter.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi