Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Success downgrading and hacking

Author Success downgrading and hacking
mrefc
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-05-17 21:54
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have been posting in a couple of topics about downgrading firmware to install the hack then updating to the new firmware

well i can now say i have done it successfully with the help from some users on here and the links posted. i thought i'd put everything in one post so other posters can see how do it.

first of you need your cert and key

i got this from here

http://www.opda.hk/index.php?showtopic=10753

I then needed to downgrade the firmware. use this guide and follow it to the word (my mistake first time)

http://www.se-satio.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=324&start=0

and this guide, which is linked in the above website

http://forums.se-nse.net/topi[....]ony-ericsson-satio-debranding/

Where i was going wrong is that i didnt replace the region file thinking i wouldnt need it, well without it, SEUS wouldnt recognise i needed the new firmware

I'm no expert and i'm not taking any credit as i had lots of help and assistance. i just thought if there was one post with it all in, it would be easier for future posters. (maybe this can be stickied at the top)

thanks again to the guys who helped me. now i can use loads of apps and games
Luhccas-U1a
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-18 07:19
Glad to know this man,cheers!
is a lifestyle!
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-05-18 11:30
i cant install HelloOX :/ i managed to downgrade the phone, but i cant install.. "requested aplication access not granted" ... But i have signed my helloOX. (also if i try the normal SIS file install, i get the normal certificate error, so why doesnt it let me install the SISX?)
What do i need to do?

Hm... does the cert file need to be named exactly as my IMEI? as mine is different. Maybe they made a mistake.. my emai starts with 356, but the cert is 201 ... little help plz
[ This Message was edited by: norbi_nw on 2010-05-18 10:33 ]
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
mrefc
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-05-18 12:30

On 2010-05-18 11:30:10, norbi_nw wrote:
i cant install HelloOX :/ i managed to downgrade the phone, but i cant install.. "requested aplication access not granted" ... But i have signed my helloOX. (also if i try the normal SIS file install, i get the normal certificate error, so why doesnt it let me install the SISX?)
What do i need to do?

Hm... does the cert file need to be named exactly as my IMEI? as mine is different. Maybe they made a mistake.. my emai starts with 356, but the cert is 201 ... little help plz
[ This Message was edited by: norbi_nw on 2010-05-18 10:33 ]

i dont know what you've done. i signed mine as per the guide. maybe try again. also check your time on the phone. mine reset so the certificate is out of date that way
Stu|
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-18 12:34
Always glad to help.
mrefc
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-05-18 12:35

On 2010-05-18 07:19:15, Luhccas-U1a wrote:
Glad to know this man,cheers!

hi mate

can you explain why my rom patcher has disappeared? it was there last night. when i try to unpack again it just sticks on the unpacking screen

what can i do to get it back?

cheers
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-05-18 12:51
ok so i applyed for another cert.
Meanwhile plz walk me through. I have downgraded the phone, now what do i do?
I install Helloox now? ( i switched language to english so i can use the phone) or do i need to do another update? (so what i did was i updated it 3x untill now, and now i have that spanish downgraded file. switched language to english). Now what do i do?

EDIT: and before it gives me the "not granted" message, it shows a Security Warning than application is untrusted and may be harmfull.. Does that appear to you guys too? and after i press continue, requested application access not granted... WHY??

EDIT2: well it seems its working.. Problem was i was trying to sign it on the phone with a signing tool (dont know what was its name or where i got it...) so i DL the one from OPDA, and signed on PC. Now it installed ok.

So HOW do i update the phone to latest FW without losing hack?? (so that that selection menu will show up)
[ This Message was edited by: norbi_nw on 2010-05-18 12:35 ]
mrefc
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-05-18 14:01
you will need to do the whole thing again like the debranding guide replacing the region file, you will lose helloOx each time so keep installing helloOx every time, after about 3 updates you will get the option to update to current firmware. here i ensured hellOx was installed. when you get the update option select the first option and backup your personal files
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-05-18 17:48
well i filanny figured it out after 1h of my last post.
1. Delete DB folder
2. Update your phone (no matter what firmware you have)
3. Replace file in FS folder with downgrader file (lollylost's file from his post - in his tutorial)
4. Downgrade phone (by following the rule of lollylost: A. update, B. start phone, C. shut it down, D. update again)
5. Change file in FS folder again this time with regional file (supplied by lollylost in his thread)
6. Update again (1x)
7. Install helloOX on your phone
8. Update for the last time, selecting first method in seus (UPDATE ONLY and NOT update + reset!!) - (this way you can keep the hack on the phone)

Those are the steps you need to follow. That is the sketch of what you need to do.
[ This Message was edited by: norbi_nw on 2010-05-18 16:50 ]
luistoluca
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-05-22 05:56
I realize the tutorial but could not install applications without hacking, Why?
leesylou1980
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-07-16 12:27
Ok. PLEASE help me with this by really breaking it down completely as I have been trying ALL NIGHT to get it to work and I can't do it!!

1. Delete DB folder
2. Update your phone by turning off the phone, taking battery out, putting battery back in, pressing C and plugging cable back in. Then update EVEN IF you have the latest installed.
3. Unplug the phone from computer.
4. Turn phone on.
5. Replace file that is 370 bytes in size in FS folder with downgrader file provided which you rename to have the same name as the original 370 byte file (My file is called FILE_277266968 - Is this right? This is the only file that is 370 bytes)
6. Turn phone off
7. Take out phone battery, replace battery
8. Pressing C, plug phone into PC again and update again EVEN IF you have the latest installed.

I can't get past this bit. I get "The update was unsuccessful. Please disconnect the phone and make sure it is fully
charged.

What am I doing wrong?!

A MILLION thanks for any help
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi