Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > MR2 Update bugs, fixes, mods etc.

Previous  12
Author MR2 Update bugs, fixes, mods etc.
manfredRO
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-21 19:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Updated to MR2, love it. I didn't dare not to apply the SD card fix.

Operation is a bit towards the fast side, autorotation only by sliding out the keyboard is good enough for me.

Features I would have liked to see: RSAP bluetooth profile, audio streaming to BT stereo even from FM radio, and option to beam or email from multiple selected items from file explorer (currently available for single file only).
prodjsxb
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-25 11:46
Thanks to ultrashot from XDA for posting this! Thanks also to the guys at sony-ericsson.ru who helped to create it.

You can now play a lot of motion sensor games on the X2.
I thought I would share the CAB you need to enable this. -> http://rapidshare.com/files/391363974/HTCSensorSDK_v1.0.cab

Details: HTCSensorSDK for X2 - g-sensor in applications/games

Application: HTCSensorSDK for X2 v1.0
Author: UltraShot

Description:
It's port of HTC's library that is used in games and some applications.

Test on Teeter

Warning! Some games (like Teeter 2.0) won't work because they use another library.

Installing:
1) Install *.cab. Soft-reset isn't needed
2) Play.

I have installed this and can confirm it works with Resco Bubbles and Gravity Balls, I will test more apps later.
Mr486
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2010-05-28 17:21
Firstly let me say that apart from the lag in som areas (like making this post in IE sitting on the bus in bright daylight)I really like my X2 post the MR2! ;here is for example official fixes to the accelerometer and twitpic intergration on play now atm.

My biggest concern is THE GREY BACKGROUND AND ABUNDANCE OF GREY TEXT EVERYWARE impossable to read except in a pitch black environment. is there a way to fix this???
RJH57108
Z750 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-05-28 18:54
Use SE's Themes Creator ... you can change the text and backgrounds.
Bob H.
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-28 19:51

On 2010-05-28 17:21:52, Mr486 wrote:
Firstly let me say that apart from the lag in som areas (like making this post in IE sitting on the bus in bright daylight)I really like my X2 post the MR2! ;here is for example official fixes to the accelerometer and twitpic intergration on play now atm.

My biggest concern is THE GREY BACKGROUND AND ABUNDANCE OF GREY TEXT EVERYWARE impossable to read except in a pitch black environment. is there a way to fix this???

That's so easy!
Just go to Settings-> Home
Choose a different theme!
And all of them have white bckr/black letters!

P.S. Most of the time X2 now is pleasure.
[ This Message was edited by: doministry on 2010-05-28 18:52 ]
a w a r e
Mr486
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2010-05-29 00:47
thanks! it works even thoug everything else looks like win95...the text input fields ar white and readable...
Mr486
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2010-05-29 17:09
Applied the SD Card fix today since i experienced problems with RaceChrono app - a trackday application that saves to the SD card since the data logging easily takes a few MB's per session. Without the SD fix it stoppes recording when energysaving mode kicks in.

Fingers crossed but i hope this fix solves the trouble with SD card being disconnected...

Other alternative of course is to turn of the energy saving completely but I guess that will affect the the battery time

Anyone else using this app with MR2?
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-29 20:41

On 2010-05-29 17:09:48, Mr486 wrote:
Applied the SD Card fix today since i experienced problems with RaceChrono app - a trackday application that saves to the SD card since the data logging easily takes a few MB's per session. Without the SD fix it stoppes recording when energysaving mode kicks in.

Fingers crossed but i hope this fix solves the trouble with SD card being disconnected...

Other alternative of course is to turn of the energy saving completely but I guess that will affect the the battery time

Anyone else using this app with MR2?

Hmm, what are you talking about?!
Xperia Saturn Light is a great modern theme and very readable!!!
a w a r e
prodjsxb
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-30 20:13
SE released their own CAB to enable the accelerometer.

http://rapidshare.com/files/393296824/AccelerometerSettings_X2.cab

Much easier than manually tweaking the registry
Mr486
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2010-06-06 23:39
I have hade some troble with batterytime recently and noticed today that the X2 doesn't shut of properly. When i press ok to shut of phone the screen dims but there is still light in the left hand corner and the phone gets very hot. And during this state the battery drains very quickly

My resolution today is to first shut down and then take out the battery - something i have not been doing since the MR2

Any hints and tips to get rid of this behavior (that we all know from the Windows world on PC) is there any logs to check to see what application/process fails to shut down properly?
[ This Message was edited by: Mr486 on 2010-06-06 22:40 ]
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-06-07 13:34

On 2010-06-06 23:39:34, Mr486 wrote:
I have hade some troble with batterytime recently and noticed today that the X2 doesn't shut of properly. When i press ok to shut of phone the screen dims but there is still light in the left hand corner and the phone gets very hot. And during this state the battery drains very quickly

My resolution today is to first shut down and then take out the battery - something i have not been doing since the MR2

Any hints and tips to get rid of this behavior (that we all know from the Windows world on PC) is there any logs to check to see what application/process fails to shut down properly?
[ This Message was edited by: Mr486 on 2010-06-06 22:40 ]

Yes! I experienced the same...
Automatic key lock was the problem. When I set the password to it and made it
lock a device after certain time (no other option anyway) my device was not
closing properly.

Once I turned off this function, all seems fine.

A bug..............

By the way why not just use airplain mode?
[ This Message was edited by: doministry on 2010-06-07 12:35 ]
a w a r e
Mr486
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2010-06-07 21:47
Flightmode seems to take less battery actually! (But I'd still like to be able to turn my X2 completely of when I want too...)

The games from the original release of X2 SW is now avaliable for download at PlayNow by the way
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-06-09 01:04

On 2010-06-07 21:47:20, Mr486 wrote:
Flightmode seems to take less battery actually! (But I'd still like to be able to turn my X2 completely of when I want too...)

The games from the original release of X2 SW is now avaliable for download at PlayNow by the way

Yeah I already play Experiment 13
a w a r e
titus1
C901 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-06-09 03:01
I do also love my X2 after the MR2 update.But i hope SE support for the X2 doesn't end here.
prodjsxb
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-11 03:20
Please note! I will no longer be working on trying to fix any bugs on the X2.
I'm sending it back and getting an X10 instead, so my efforts will shift over to Android now.

Perhaps down the road when they come up with a better OS or something, I will buy another X2. Until then, I hope others who have been helping out now will continue to do so.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi