Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Join SE Make.Believe.Change FB Group! for real change!

12  Next
Author Join SE Make.Believe.Change FB Group! for real change!
Monaco
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-07 09:28
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=125689947444490

Every time I try to do something nice to my Satio, I end up severely disappointed with the outcome. We paid a lot of money for this supposed super-smartphone but we are most definitely not getting our money's worth. So I've decided to start an FB group with a semi-clever name to challenge to do better for us and for their own long-term profit margins. We all know the power of Facebook, which is much more powerful than those silly petition sites, when we start gathering more disgruntled fans, we'll eventually catch their attention. From the frustration that I'm getting from nearly all Satio and other SE owners, we should rack the numbers up fast, please feel free to comment and add your opinions of SE to the group, please also feel free to link this to other SE owners.

Here is a letter I wrote to dear

Dear Sony Ericsson, as a long-time loyal customer to Sony and Sony Ericsson products for many years, please keep the Satio community's interests at heart. You may or may NOT believe this but the failure of the highly expensive Satio has upset many Sony loyalists to not even consider SE as their next phone, you have the power to change this, investing real time and effort into the Satio means investing in your own future.

You can do this, you have the power to bring beautiful and artistic technology to us, we pay the premium price and we expect a premium product but this is no longer the case. I won't even get started with my expensive VAIO that I don't even use anymore, my Macbook does the job far better. Today, everybody knows that the Apple Iphone is KING of all mobiles with the great performance and an aftermarket application community that only the budget of Google Inc. can rival. I'm pretty sure you can do this too, if you didn't spread yourselves so thin going after several different operating systems (how does that make sense?).

The point that I'm trying to make is that I rode the Satio surf wave, I paid close attention to all of the PR and marketing that you guys did for it, despite the critics I stuck with the fact that you guys can't let us down, I debated myself over and over again but I ended up saving the necessary funds to purchase this super-smartphone. Boy was I disappointed. Ultra slow phone, horrible battery life, one of the worst operating systems you could've chosen for your flagship phone, and unefficient user interface.

No doubt you guys started getting things right after a few updates but look where the community is at now. There is still little support at playnow arena, everything that is free is horrible, everything that is cheap is horrible and everything that is expensive is horrible. I just don't get it, for a company that has been doing so horribly and losing so much money, I would've figured you guys have started waking up by now. I really do believe there are some amazingly talented people working for you that are never listened to. I have so much more to say but as I type this letter, I have less and less hope for the future of my expensive piece of plastic.

I will continue to pull for you guys but there is really little I can do besides write this letter that most likely won't get read by the eyes that needs to read it. I really do hope you guys have started to change your goals and internal thought process I hope I am wrong in everything I say because, how can I...a college dropout be smarter than a corporate executive? *chuckle*

I actually like the little green logo and want to see it succeed and be able to flex out the same sized biceps that Apple has without flexing.
[ This Message was edited by: Monaco on 2010-05-07 08:39 ]
jj03
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-05-07 10:41
good luck. If it ends up like WE the users of the omniahd forums did, where samsung did pay attention to our complaints, you'll be laughing.
anzalrahman
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-07 11:24
great idea..
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2010-05-07 12:32
Just don't understand why only point out weakness and only compare with Apple product, I have no argue with Mac it really far better job but iPhone why don't you compare camera with Satio?

I'm satisfied as my expected also not join this sorry about that.
I'm owned both U1 and 3Gs as my signature state, really sluggish it create for most different target.
[ This Message was edited by: HxH on 2010-05-07 11:37 ]
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-05-07 16:05
HxH... WTF are you talking about???? and what language?? We need more support from SE thats the point of the thread, more support like the iPhone. I have the satio, and it reeks of shit! it has the potential, but it's like a ferrari droven by grandma.. support is 0! after almost 1 year i have ~ 5-6 apps installed that are ok. Photo compression is terrible, no divx support, slow menu (it has a 600mhz cpu ffs, USE IT), and alot of hated things, like when i recieve SMS i only see new sms, no name or picture of sender, only when i open it i see who sent it to me :/ this is dumb..
I pray every day so they listen to us and make a MAJOR fw update.. this phone can do more. And i payed an arm and a leg for it.. or at least 1 kidney...
So ffs support the damn phone, i havent noticed anything smart about this smartphone.
Its about comparing iPhone support to SE support. I doubt they will give a sh!t about us.. but if they will, i will change my mind about SE, because they let me down really bad back when i had k810, then even more when i got the G900.. and now this.. Deja vu.. I signed the petition, i will sign everything you throw at me to get a change.
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
Monaco
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-07 22:02

On 2010-05-07 12:32:55, HxH wrote:
Just don't understand why only point out weakness and only compare with Apple product, I have no argue with Mac it really far better job but iPhone why don't you compare camera with Satio?

I'm satisfied as my expected also not join this sorry about that.
I'm owned both U1 and 3Gs as my signature state, really sluggish it create for most different target.
[ This Message was edited by: HxH on 2010-05-07 11:37 ]

Oh my sweet baby jesus, I'm sorry but you just don't have high standards like some of the Satio users do. This phone is made for intelligent people and loyalist Sony fans who understand what the company is capable of doing, they are very cocky right now and we just happened to catch them at their lowest. The Satio is more or less a scam at this point, they didn't even try to make us happy, only giving us bits and pieces of what we really want with each firmware update so we don't go completely nuts and boycott them forever.
Mr.Krypton
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-08 06:29
nice and ur also nice
1200 -> 1208 -> K530i -> K770i -> C905i -> Satio -> X10 MP -> Xperia Arc -> Xperia S -> Xperia Z
Northerner
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-08 13:29
I see peoples point but you can argue that every phone has some problem and is not good as another....etc. Comparing this phone to iphone is pointless as they are aimed at different markets.

What's a shame is you cannot run Nokia ovi store products without hacking the phone, if this was not the case it would open this and other SE S60 phones up to a much bigger range of products.
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-05-09 01:42
again WE ARE NOT COMPARING IT TO IPHONE, BUT APPLE.. THE APP STORE. so many good softwares there. +that apple gives a sh!t about theyr phone, and updates it with major updates.. Yes Satio is a crap now. Pictures are bad with flash, and RER is only a gimmick, no reduction at all. Alot of noise and alot of lost details + it takes ages to switch focus and flash.. have to wait 3-5 seconds to apply new focus or scene or anything.. and its an idiotic thing to have the focus in the settings.. focus should be on camera "desktop".. Thing can get better if THEY wanted to. They can fis the camera software, tweak it to the limit. But that will never happen, they will throw out a new phone instead. daylight pictures are ok, but the grass and leafs look like painting, no detail at all, just a green mush.. GJ SE..
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2010-05-09 02:01
Major update each once a year that's it u compare to iPhone God damn u!

SORRY! about what u complaint but fix it aged old already with R2AK006 generic firmware

if u are with branded firmware just better stop ur mouth and going to de-brand it

I really satisfied with camera performance now, noise reduction aren't good much as I expectation but low-light shot with super-small aperture in phone have you ever understand that.
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-05-09 02:05
I fail to see what the big fuss is about, everything that was promised has been deliverd.
zide
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-05-09 04:03
The major problem I see in Satio is the camera and I would be satisfied if they, at least, do something about it. It is ridiculous... The main attraction of this phone ends up as the biggest disappointment...

Problems I found in Satio's camera:

- Weak xenon flash
- Slow camera interface and far from user friendly
- Disappointing overall quality: high compression on photos (which make no sense), lack of sharpness and still lots of noise.
- Impossible to force flash? (Uh? My goodness...)
- And the major thing: even the K850i or any Nokia N series has more customization in camera preferences... What in tha hell were they thinking when they added this super simple camera interface to a flashship and high-end camera phone? It has no options related to ISO, sharpness, contrast, saturaion, metering... No one that wants a simple camera will buy Satio, so this is pointless and ridiculous!

I also agree that the Symbian S6 is not the best and prettier OS they could have put in Satio but I think we can't demand another one since we all know about that when we bought it...
[ This Message was edited by: zide on 2010-05-09 03:28 ]
See my photos taken with the C902, Satio or E72 in here!
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-05-09 13:04
1. I always buy unbranded phones. And almost always flagship phones.
2. I would suggest to non satio users to keep out.
I payed alot for this phone, so i expect it to justify with features. Not an extreemly simple media player with a bad camera driver.. Dont know about you, but i dont wipe my arse with money.. 700$ is alot for me. If you guys have such low standards for a 700$ phone, then i feel sorry for you.
Monaco
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-09 22:47

On 2010-05-09 13:04:27, norbi_nw wrote:
1. I always buy unbranded phones. And almost always flagship phones.
2. I would suggest to non satio users to keep out.
I payed alot for this phone, so i expect it to justify with features. Not an extreemly simple media player with a bad camera driver.. Dont know about you, but i dont wipe my arse with money.. 700$ is alot for me. If you guys have such low standards for a 700$ phone, then i feel sorry for you.

Exactly ^

The Satio was supposed to be a premium hardcore phone for the hardcore users. We purposely bought it under the ruse of it being a high end uber smart camera phone. For one, the Symbian system does not even start to provide me the smart phone experience, there are way too many flaws in the system, there are way too many steps and procedures. Symbian isn't disgustingly bad, but it shouldn't have been used. Second, the camera has been anything but premium. The settings are weak (and this is coming from a un-advanced camera user). The recording is very weak, I assumed the recording would beat out the iphone but in certain circumstances where my recording was up against the iphone, it failed horribly (mainly sound).

Seriously, I didn't expect a perfect phone because it is impossible but I expected one that was presumably close.

The Satio's hardware has so much potential but it obviously isn't being used. For the record, I really hate having to use hand-me-down apps from Nokia phones, that is literally a slap in the face from SE that they don't care about their Satio market.
[ This Message was edited by: Monaco on 2010-05-09 21:54 ]
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-05-10 17:27
It was promissed an Entretainment Unlimited phone.. Yet i come to notice its media library is limited to 3000 files (mp3+pic.+video), and it was promissed to be a cybershot and walkman combination.. So far the camera interface is very slow, and very poor. If i want to take a picture of an object, it takes ages to open up, and focus.. not to mention if i want to adjust a setting on the fly, i have to wait 3-4 seconds to apply it.. Well excuse me guys, but this isnt a cybershot phone.. It would have been great to add sharpness, contrast and color control, but most of all, shutter speed control. But the biggest problem is its speed.. yes pictures are taken instantly, and they are saved fast, but navigation is SLOW MOTION! and i hate it that they put the focus inside the menu.. so if i have to switch it fast, i need at least 10 seconds to change and apply.. And time is essential at photography! you know that. You cant tell an insect or animal to wait untill you change and apply settings for ex.
Now the media is the most simple media i have ever seen.. No search function, no equalizer, and no sleep timer.. +the tons of bugs, when i browse picture, and instead of dragging (kinetic scrolling) it selects a picture...

It lacks kinetic scrolling in phone book.. I find it crucial there, as it makes navigation very more easy there..

If you promise us an entertainment unlimited phone, then you dont deliver us an entertainment limited..
+that RER is just a gimmick.. i used it at a party, and it looked like it was a demon party.. Even from close range and direct eye contact it gives red eyes.. Cant that be corrected somehow?
And the no divix support... i have to convert all my movies to mpeg4..
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi