naveensiva
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-05 13:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi all

I currently have w995

just wanted to know before i buy X10

1.) how is the battery life... can anyone compare it with w995 ?
2.) is touch really good .. i have heard that some touch phones are really bad.. how is your expirience with Xperia X10 thus far ?
3.) How is the music player... i believe that that inbuilt music player always better than app run one... am i right ? anyway in general how does it score against the Clear Bass/clear stereo w995 ?
4.) is the undersurface glossy or matte finish ?
5.) will you guys recommend others / me to buy this phone from your so far expirience ?
6.) how about gaming in X10 ?
My Blog @ Urs Siva
arcticreaver
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-05 18:51
1) battery life is a pain. it really is. doesn't really do the phone justice and i believe is one of it's most complained about issue. i'm not sure how it compares to a w995 but all i know is, the battery life is junk. there are newer firmwares out there right now that people have claimed to help the battery life but not everyone has access to the newer firmwares.

2) touch is fine with me. though there are occassions where it doesn't recognize and will not execute. i think all touch screen phones have this issue more or less. i can live with it.

4) i'm not sure what you mean by undersurface. are you talking about the cover on the back? for the black model, it's a plastic rubbery finish and i believe on the white it is glossy.
erickson813
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-05 19:26
1. well my battery works great when i updated. even if it half % it's still workin the whole day.

2. touch is OK. my only problem is the protector have to change for a new one coz when i put it in my pants it got torn off.

3. music player i still use the inbuilt one no problem with me.

4. mine is black so no problem with the scratch.

5. recommend? i dunno its up to you! just follow your heart desire. coz me when i first saw this phone i fell in-love with it.

6. gaming is nice same as the iPhone. that is what i observe coz i got an iPhone also but i still prefer the X10. im a big fan of sonyericcson
[ This Message was edited by: erickson813 on 2010-05-05 18:28 ]
arcticreaver
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-05 22:31
honesly, i do not recommend this phone (at this time). i'm having second thoughts about the nexus one every day. and if someone gave me a cool 600 bucks with no strings attached, i would get the nexus one in a blink of an eye.

it's not that i hate the phone. but it just doesn't function well at this stage. SE is taking their time with their baby's OS. i get that - but then that just leaves a lot of sour mouths for the months to come until we get a firmware update in Q4? (seriously?!) i seriously don't think the phone was truly ready for a release. it's a phone at heart and when you don't have good sound quality, battery life being a dud and connection quality, for a phone, that's a major issue and it's been an major issue for a lot of people.

i think as a social media device it still lacks because of the dated OS and the fact that some apps require 2.1 instead of the dated 1.6. mediascape and timescape is unique and it's what i like about the phone because it separates the phone from others besides the beautiful design of the phone however, timescape is useless because it doesn't really function as a social device, it's just a 1st party app that lists updates from FB and Twitter yet it doesn't give you full functions of either of them and only giving you the function to update your status aka say something? weak.

for a phone that was touted about its social abilities, i think i can say for a fact that it fell way short of my expectations. i mean if timescape should do that i think it should do, why do i still use the facebook app? why am i longing for a 2.1 update that will include an official twitter app? wasn't timescape suspose to do these things?

i think i'm being harsh on the phone but i paided for it. i've experienced these things and it's frustrating. never had i once doubt my last two phones like this (sony p1 and nokia e71).

i still have faith about the phone because i still have faith in sony ericsson. but for me to recommend this phone to others, i would say - wait for the update. too many bugs that need to be addressed.
glorfingal
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-06 00:16
buy it ..... worlds better than the w995. yes battery is awful, but it's a smart phone
so it's doing a lot ! beautiful screen, wifi is a gem as is the 3G / HSDPA / UMTS. Biggest
problem for me ..... it's a finger print magnet

I love mine ... after a w910i, c902, k850 and Satio I nearly left for good - my X10
has restored my faith in
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
naveensiva
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-06 03:38
thanks a lot for all the replies guys...

will try the phone first hand and buy it

yup i too fell in love the moment i saw this phone... gorgeus phone....

my 6 yrs of life has been with se alone... and this time i wanted to go a bit far and have a smart phone ... thats why i decided to get x10... but before that i needed your comments

thanks again...

My Blog @ Urs Siva
SKIBBE
Xperia Arc Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-06 08:37
It's not a perfect phone,
one thing, gaming.... the x10 does not have multitouch, and as i was trying som emulators snesoid/nesoid and such, they are unplayable without multitouch, you cant move and jump at the same time (you can always get a bt gamepad thou) but just one thought in that particualar area
History
t20e > t68i(t68 f/w) > t610i > k700i > W900i > W960i > x10i > Current: Misty Silver Arc
naveensiva
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-09 03:31
can anyone compare w995 music player quality with x10 ....

please , i am music fan and got w995 with music in mind.. w995 had the best bass and quality.. i use creative ep 630 for 3.5mm jack and results were awesome...

please someine shed light on music payer of 10...
My Blog @ Urs Siva
Mano82
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-14 12:48
From a norwegian site mobili.no:

We must admit that we were excited about the sound X10 provide the music, and loaded on a load of MP3 files at high quality. And we were not disappointed.

We perceived the sound as very good, both with our own headset and the included earbuds.Since we are not Sound expert, we thought it was appropriate to talk to one. So we went down to the Sound Garden in Bergen and let shop manager Jørgen Julius Johansen judge the sound quality.

- Here is the powerful, good sound and a well-defined soundstage. The phone is very accurate bass response, "says Johansen to mobili.

From a norwegian site amobil.no:

A BIG test of music telephones where X10 beats all other mobiles; Nokia X6, iPhone 3G, SE Aino, HTC Legend, Samsung Beat DJ, Samsung Lindy, Nokia 5530, Samsung Glaxy Spica, Nokia 5130, SE W995, Nokia X3 & SE W595

You can read complete test here:

http://translate.google.com/t[....]elefoner%2F75826&sl=auto&tl=en
naveensiva
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-14 18:33

On 2010-05-14 12:48:53, Mano82 wrote:
From a norwegian site mobili.no:

We must admit that we were excited about the sound X10 provide the music, and loaded on a load of MP3 files at high quality. And we were not disappointed.

We perceived the sound as very good, both with our own headset and the included earbuds.Since we are not Sound expert, we thought it was appropriate to talk to one. So we went down to the Sound Garden in Bergen and let shop manager Jørgen Julius Johansen judge the sound quality.

- Here is the powerful, good sound and a well-defined soundstage. The phone is very accurate bass response, "says Johansen to mobili.

From a norwegian site amobil.no:

A BIG test of music telephones where X10 beats all other mobiles; Nokia X6, iPhone 3G, SE Aino, HTC Legend, Samsung Beat DJ, Samsung Lindy, Nokia 5530, Samsung Glaxy Spica, Nokia 5130, SE W995, Nokia X3 & SE W595

You can read complete test here:

http://translate.google.com/t[....]elefoner%2F75826&sl=auto&tl=en

thanks a lot

can anyone give first hand expirience pleASE
thanks a lot for the link..
My Blog @ Urs Siva
Mano82
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-14 21:42
I've used both W995, Aino & X10. I'm not a sound expert, but in my view quality is with X10, but not that louder as W995 or Aino are. Aino is loudest among these three
naveensiva
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-15 03:35

On 2010-05-14 21:42:08, Mano82 wrote:
I've used both W995, Aino & X10. I'm not a sound expert, but in my view quality is with X10, but not that louder as W995 or Aino are. Aino is loudest among these three

thanks a lot...

sorry..but how is the bass and all ?

what app do u use ? or are u using the inbuilt player
My Blog @ Urs Siva
MyP910
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2010-05-15 05:34

On 2010-05-05 13:45:39, naveensiva wrote:
Hi all

I currently have w995

2.) is touch really good .. i have heard that some touch phones are really bad.. how is your expirience with Xperia X10 thus far ?
3.) How is the music player... i believe that that inbuilt music player always better than app run one... am i right ? anyway in general how does it score against the Clear Bass/clear stereo w995 ?
5.) will you guys recommend ot
hers / me to buy this phone from your so far expirience ?

1. The battery life is great after abt 2 weeks. This is common with Li-po battery. Now with extensive use, the phone easily pass 24hrs.
2. The touch is good an responsive as to expect with capacitive touch. No problem.
3. I don't have w995 so I can't compare.
4. I'm having the white one so the back is glossy. Its nice but can get greasy sometimes.
5. From my experience definately I will recommend the phone. Worth every penny.
6. I don't play game on the phone so I can't comment.

Overall, the phone is already great even without any updates.
naveensiva
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-15 11:48

On 2010-05-15 05:34:57, MyP910 wrote:

On 2010-05-05 13:45:39, naveensiva wrote:
Hi all

I currently have w995

5.) will you guys recommend ot
hers / me to buy this phone from your so far expirience ?

1. The battery life is great after abt 2 weeks. This is common with Li-po battery. Now with extensive use, the phone easily pass 24hrs.
2. The touch is good an responsive as to expect with capacitive touch. No problem.
3. I don't have w995 so I can't compare.
4. I'm having the white one so the back is glossy. Its nice but can get greasy sometimes.
5. From my experience definately I will recommend the phone. Worth every penny.
6. I don't play game on the phone so I can't comment.

Overall, the phone is already great even without any updates.

thanks a lot

any issues though ?
My Blog @ Urs Siva
Mano82
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-15 15:45

thanks a lot...

sorry..but how is the bass and all ?

what app do u use ? or are u using the inbuilt player

You are welcome

Bass is great & i feel better than W995, but remember i'm not a sound expert
Currently i'm using inbuilt player, i got my X10 10th of May You know I tried Astro player, sound was really loud but worst quality :-/
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi