Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > VIVAZ Battery Life - incredible!

Author VIVAZ Battery Life - incredible!
henryblank
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-04 17:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I just dumped my HTC HD2 and went with the Vivaz, let me tell you that the battery life is nothing shy of incredible! I've gone almost 2 fully days and I'm still at 50%! My HTC HD2 would go for 3 hours before hitting the 50% mark.

I heard the Satio's battery life is lousy, is anyone reporting less than a day with Satio ?
hammera
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-04 17:50
Even the heaviest of Satio users tend to get at least a full day, I reckon most of us get 1½ - 2 days. 2 days from the Vivaz with 50% left is pretty damned good.
[ This Message was edited by: hammera on 2010-05-04 16:51 ]
spcdust
Vivaz Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-05-04 18:09
My experience with the Vivaz has been the total opposite with the battery barely lasting a day from a full charge (sometimes not even getting to day end). This is with very light telephone use (3 or 4 very short calls, 2 or 3 texts) no web browsing, and possibly a couple of photos. I have to say I do have my e-mail account being checked every 5 minutes but only downloading the headers, not the full e-mail. Anyway, got fed up with it and got Vodafone to replace the unit with a new Vivaz as I really like the phone
Luhccas-U1a
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-04 19:39
My Satio gives me 3/4 days of normal/heavy use after i've removed Facebook app from phone memory,who "eat" 30mb+ of RAM without any reason! !Before it was about 2 days.
is a lifestyle!
larry 68
Satio Red
PM
Posted: 2010-05-04 20:56
My satio only gives a day max, sometimes half if i browse internet regularly and thats with basic settings and no wifi
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-05-05 12:38
It's very difficult to tell the lenght of a battery charge on the Satio, since it depends so much on how it is used. If you leave an application running in the background, forget to turn off Bluetooth or WiFi or GPS when not using it, or forget to lock the screen before putting the phone in a pocket, the battery will drain much faster than if you don't, for example. Of course, actually using the phone, for phone calls, internet browsing, gaming, GPS navigating, etc, will consume more power than if the phone remains silent and unused in a pocket, but the stadnby time will never come even close to the standby time of 360 hours advertised in the data sheet for the Satio on www.sonyericsson.com.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-05-05 14:14
My Satio at the moment is lasting me about 3 days - but thats because ive now split up with my girlfriend who i talked to the most.

Before, with heavy use, my Satio didnt last me a day. I had to keep a charger at work to top up the battery. It never used to be like that though, so im assuming something such as the facebook app even when not open must have some effect on the system processes. Its not terrible battery life, dont get me wrong, but it could be much better.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
semo
Vivaz Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-05-05 16:48
The battery of my Vivaz was very weak in the first days, the phone couldn't stay turned on for more than 24 hours.
I thought that's normal for a powerful device like this.
But to my surprise after several weeks of use the phone now can reach roughly 2-3 days on a single charge with average use (mainly listening music, taking photos and video, rarely Wi-Fi).

I noticed this during one weekend.
Came back from work on Friday and left the phone somewhere at home.
When I found it back on Sunday evening it was still on and battery meter was still above 40 %.

I am not sure what made the positive change.
It could be the battery needing several charging cycles to reach maximal capacity...
I also installed a newer firmware meanwhile, could be they made some improvement in the power management.
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-05-05 17:12

On 2010-05-05 16:48:55, semo wrote:
I am not sure what made the positive change.
It could be the battery needing several charging cycles to reach maximal capacity...
I also installed a newer firmware meanwhile, could be they made some improvement in the power management.

You are on the right track for the explanation! A new LiIon battery needs several recharge cycles before it reaches its maximum capacity. It is also very likely that firmware updates contain more efficient and less power consuming program code, as well as some tuning of the system, like display light timeout and default running apps etc.
gharknes1
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-05 18:07
My satio has turned out to be the most effiecient SE device I've had to date, I carry a spare battery in my wallet and haven't used itfor 3 months, it seems to get better and better as time goes on..........more than pleased

PS is was terrible when I first got it, barely a day now 3-4 days
DrewVL
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-05-05 18:49

On 2010-05-04 17:24:39, henryblank wrote:
I just dumped my HTC HD2 and went with the Vivaz, let me tell you that the battery life is nothing shy of incredible! I've gone almost 2 fully days and I'm still at 50%! My HTC HD2 would go for 3 hours before hitting the 50% mark.

I heard the Satio's battery life is lousy, is anyone reporting less than a day with Satio ?

If that's the battery life for your HD2 then it's probably a faulty unit! dont forget HD2 is a beast (it have to power that huge 4.3 screen and all the sense, animation etc) not to mention WM phone is a power hawk. Mine last me 2 days with normal phone calls, wifi browsing, txt and etc. you should send your HD2 to me i dont mind having addition

My Satio give quite good battery 2 days same as HD2 ( i dont know how you guys get 3 to 4 days out of Satio didnt own Vivaz so cant comment (just dont like the design i think it's awful )
[ This Message was edited by: DrewVL on 2010-05-10 08:34 ]
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2010-05-06 12:09
Before the latest Update; my satio had a horrible battery life, 1 - 2 days when not in use, 1 or less when heavy used...

now after the update, I got another 1 - 2 days depending on usage so I have some 3 - 4 days, but coz of I'm using the phone now more ( not afraid of Battery life ) I'm having 3 days or a little bit less.. just to note that I always turn off WiFi scanning, but Bluetooth is always on... so I can expect some more hours when not enabling bluetooth...
sibluenose
Vivaz Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-05-08 01:15
I get 2 or 3 days and am really pleased with that. I do use it to access internet when out, sometimes via wireless or other times through gprs. I have also installed Sygic and use that too. Incredible battery life for such a fully featured phone.
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-06-18 01:16
Hello everyone

On Saturday I bought a mobile phone.....charge it before using for 3hours

used it a lot of searching for all the options......several times by connecting the USB cable to PC

after having spent the entire battery I charge it again and this time overnight........

After that, very rarely use your cell phone ( maybe 1-2photo/day and max 10min/day browsing files and something like this ( without calls sms internet and other) and i made short video of 30sec

Today is second day of battery and it is empty

my question is

whether this character as "play" ( red on picture) consumes the battery? (i otherwise use wave "desktop" )

another question that I accidentally damaged battery by charging a full battery by usb cable ( i know that li-ion /polymer battery dosn t have memory effect as nimh/nicd)

thanks in advance
zide
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-06-18 03:04
Ahah incredible and impressive is my E72's battery life. I'm in the end of the seventh day, I've taken around 300 photos, I'm been sending messages, making calls, installing apps and playing games (I've installed a Genesis/Mega Drive emulator and it is so addictive!), and the battery level remains in 3/8 bars. I'm very impressed. And sorry for the off-topic outflow.
See my photos taken with the C902, Satio or E72 in here!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi