Author Satio VS N8-00
Vit
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-16 18:43
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2010-05-08 17:39:37, Luhccas-U1a wrote:

On 2010-05-08 16:27:23, Vit wrote:

Sorry, pal. I guess you haven´t been testing Nokia phones for a long time.

Sorry dude,i've sell a 5800,5530,n97 mini and N97 before gets the Satio...
And i work since march on Tim Brasil representing Nokia phones on corporate sector.

Apart from the camera, even a mid range Nokia 5800 with latest firmware feels much better than the Satio in all aspects. Tons of apps to play with (strangely enough, much more than Satio´s offering, despite the fact that they are both S60v5), FREE Ovi Maps worldwide voice guided navigation, Kinetic Scrolling, 1 year of music downloads included...

I guess now you haven't been testing Satio lately... Who told you we can't install OVI maps?And who need it when we have Sygic,Ndrive,Garmin,Google maps?I think you like the brand and just this...
And we have problems only with polarbit games who don't have an proper API to other brands.
Free 1 year of music?
I "have" (and all person with internet) this since 1999 !What's the point here?

You said something about Nokia´s support being worse than SE´s in Brazil. Go check your sources better before posting such a biased view again. SE is the Brazilian´s champion of complaints among all local cell phone vendors within PROCON.

Look with your own eyes...
#1 - Nokia
#2 - Motorola
#3 - Samsung
#4 -
Who sells more phones here?Who always search a way to put the guilt on user?
Why all problems with Nokia phones are related to oxidation and BAD USE FROM OWNER?WTFH of service center is this?
Can you ask them where's the oxidation on my mother's 5610?I'm technician since 2004 and faulty slider flat cable isn't oxidation... I've fixed the phone with my own hands,Nokia service center even tried...
And this carelessness we can attribute to 5530 and it's loose battery,6710 and the units with problem on card reader(a lot to be exactly),5800xm and display/loudspeaker problems,N97(all the phone is a fault),etc,etc,etc...
Nokia's service center will always find a way to put the guilt on user.And this happen with all big brand here in Brazil...
The question here is proportion.
More sales,more problems.

I´ve had a Satio and I could not resist selling it. The camera suffers from a lot of compression, severe highlight clipping, lack of contrast and some intense corner softness through the lens. Still better than the C905 when it comes to color rep, but worse than a mid range C901, which apparently has a camera module made by Samsung.

Read more about C901 camera module...

Talking about that, now I own both a Nokia XM 5800 a Samsung Pixon12.

The Samsung performs much better than the Satio in still picture performance, delivering better results in every aspect. Better flare performance, better low contrast performance, more detailed overall pics, Manual ISO, including ISO 50, Manual Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness... Pretty effective Program Modes. I can provide tons of comparison pics to prove that if you please.

We don't need a "brazilian Sassho" dude
Don't waste your time because me and 80% of Satio owners bought the phone due it's features... The camera is a "plus" in the package.

The new Nokia shows a lot of potential. I Hope Nokia won´t screw it all up this time. I´ve read some comments that the man in charge of its development has made in the dpreview and they seem to be developing it in a mature way, walking a bit away from previous approaches and trying to provide more realistic results rather than punchy ones.

Well... What can i say about 5800 potential?It have potential to play music,watch videos,use 2 or 3 apps at the same time(lagging),play simple games,play with CFW and lot of other things from "Nokia Wonderland"... I always want more.
5800 is nothing against Satio.
And all S60V5 from Nokia too...
Let's see what N8 can do for you and nokia lovers.
Cheers!

Just a few things and corrections about your reply:

I have tested my Satio up to the latest firmare, and it still had several bugs. I´ve tried it all. Several hard resets and it still was quite buggy. I´ve tested it to its limits, and I still think that a XM 5800 is a better overall phone with its latest firmware and all the included services it has got. It´s at least as much responsive as a Satio, at least as mine was, with all their HW differences.

So the Satio´s camera is simply a "plus"? That´s a pretty laughable sentence. A very expensive plus, don´t you think? At the time the Satio was launched, it costed twice the price of a XM 5800 in the UK, for instance. With the difference you could buy a pretty good dedicated camera.

I´ve never said that we could not install Nokia Maps on Satio. The thing is that that particular thing is ILLEGAL, just as ILLEGAL as downloading your "free" songs over the net. If you feel smart and count that as an advantage, I only have to feel sorry for it. Besides that, most of the GPS softwares you listed use Navteq maps, which belongs to Nokia, and are not "free". I guess you have not paid for all those GPS apps and their related maps, am I right?

I guess you haven´t got my point regarding SE complaints in Brazil. SE sells less than Nokia in Brazil and still manages to have more FORMAL complaints. That´s not my opinion here. It´s a factual figure.

Another thing is that we don´t need to mention our jobs in order to discuss things that are related to our usage experiences. I really do not see any advantage in your job over my experiences with my Nokia phones.

Regards.

Every Picture Tells a Story
Luhccas-U1a
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-16 22:05
Having the opportunity to test different phones every week isn't an advantage?
Well,i respect your opinion...
Off topic:
Tô saturado dessas discussões sobre qual celular é o melhor bicho... Eu parei por aqui já que o intuito não é comparar o N8 ao Satio e sim expor o êxtase de possuir um 5800 e fingir ser políticamente correto.
Ou você acha mesmo que esse papo de legalidade cola?Dá um tempo...
Você finge que age assim que eu daqui finjo que acredito.
is a lifestyle!
janke1
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-05-16 22:48
satio good camera and audio and screen thats it...I have a nokia n86 and all works so welll the same picturequality free navigation and well intigreated in all programs and lot of apps, satio have a few apps i think n8 is a way better phone to by .
if n86 would have a the same screen as satio it have blownn satio away
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-05-16 22:58
im not really impressed with the camera, but its definetly better than nokia cameras (except this N8 sample). But i find Vivaz shots better (my dad has vivaz, and i have a satio, so I KNOW the difference. and i have 2 more friends with vivaz, same result). SE is good @ design, but sh!t @ software.. This is the first nokia that looks ok.
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
Vit
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-17 19:10

On 2010-05-16 22:05:29, Luhccas-U1a wrote:
Having the opportunity to test different phones every week isn't an advantage?
Well,i respect your opinion...
Off topic:
Tô saturado dessas discussões sobre qual celular é o melhor bicho... Eu parei por aqui já que o intuito não é comparar o N8 ao Satio e sim expor o êxtase de possuir um 5800 e fingir ser políticamente correto.
Ou você acha mesmo que esse papo de legalidade cola?Dá um tempo...
Você finge que age assim que eu daqui finjo que acredito.

I´ve never imposed nor have deffended a vision of the 5800 being the best phone on earth. I´ve just pointed out some great features of it (over the more expensive Satio) which appeal to me more than a superior camera performance. They are some features that, to my eyes, seem to make for a better overall phone than the Satio, at almost half the price. It´s not a fanboy vision. Your assumption of my ´extasy´ about owning a 5800 is purely an empty assumption. You´ve wrote that there were no Nokia phones to be faced against the Satio. So it´s licit to state that here I am facing my ´extasy´ of owning a 5800 against yours of having a Satio? C´mon, that´s a childish kind of comment.

I´ve owned a Satio before, and several SE phones before it, as well as Nokias and Samsungs. My expectations regarding how the Satio would perform were very high, but it turned out that SE doesn´t seem to cope with Nokia in terms of SW development. I´ve just expressed my opinion and that was it. No one doubts that HW wise the Satio is a better phone, but all of that comes at a hefty price, and my main concerns against it are about the kind of behaviour that SE has adopted both development and market wise.

If you prefer the Satio over any other Nokia phone, I guess that a better way to express that would be: ´No Nokia phone from now would serve ME better than a Satio´. Simply stating that no Nokia phone is better than the Satio gives a sense of YOU wanting to state that your phone is the best on earth.

Regarding any other kind of assumption you may have about my behaviour or about my intention here, you may well have them. Nonetheless, they will always be your assumptions.
[ This Message was edited by: Vit on 2010-05-17 18:12 ]
Every Picture Tells a Story
Luhccas-U1a
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-17 20:25

On 2010-05-16 18:43:14, Vit wrote:
Just a few things and corrections about your reply:

I have tested my Satio up to the latest firmare, and it still had several bugs. I´ve tried it all. Several hard resets and it still was quite buggy. I´ve tested it to its limits, and I still think that a XM 5800 is a better overall phone with its latest firmware and all the included services it has got. It´s at least as much responsive as a Satio, at least as mine was, with all their HW differences.

Well,it can be better than your buggy old unity Satio.I had booth at the same time and Satio always was more stable,faster and useful to me.
5800 was a good music player and just this,nothing more.

So the Satio´s camera is simply a "plus"? That´s a pretty laughable sentence. A very expensive plus, don´t you think? At the time the Satio was launched, it costed twice the price of a XM 5800 in the UK, for instance. With the difference you could buy a pretty good dedicated camera.

Here in Brazil the price when i bought 5800 was around 1399~1199(R$),Satio was 1599... I think this isn't the half price,right?Well,the camera isn't just a plus,is A PLUS of xenon unity,who is quite expensive in every mobile phone who have this.
Who tell you that i don't have an dedicated camera?I have Satio to use as a phone... The camera is the "plus" that i said before.

. Your assumption of my ´extasy´ about owning a 5800 is purely an empty assumption. You´ve wrote that there were no Nokia phones to be faced against the Satio. So it´s licit to state that here I am facing my ´extasy´ of owning a 5800 against yours of having a Satio? C´mon, that´s a childish kind of comment.

Isn't YOUR ecstasy,is the ecstasy of other owners who complain about a thing who they don't have or even tested... I quoted your position about what's legal or not.This was the worst example of childishness and mockery i've seen so far
But,what can i expect from a person who says that every download from internet(music) is illegal?
Doesn't matter if i agree with you or not.You'll ever try to make your point right...
Like when you said 2.8/5.6 was focal aperture on N82...

Regarding any other kind of assumption you may have about my behaviour or about my intention here, you may well have them. Nonetheless, they will always be your assumptions.

You did the same thing man... When you have questioned my conduct about legal content on my device automatically make room to be contested in the same way...
And yes,for now i prefer Satio over all Nokia on the planet... Because owning the Satio,iPhone 3GS and a Blackberry Bold 9700 now,what Nokia can offer me better?
Your point here is just contest,nothing more.You don't proof nothing.
[ This Message was edited by: Luhccas-U1a on 2010-05-17 19:37 ]
is a lifestyle!
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-05-17 21:18
Guys stop arguing.

You're both missing the point, which is maybe tinged with a little SE favouritism.

The 5800, Satio and all other recent touch screen S60 devices are very much the same phone except for hardware and software differences. Ive always been a lover of SE and their handsets, but from my own experience i prefer Nokia phones these days. They're just more stable and polished IMO over SE's efforts as SE have admitted themselves they havent given us great after sale support in the past with their firmware updates.

SE have always been ahead in some areas and lagged behind in others. SE will never topple Nokia, they just cannot compete with the Nokia brand name and its strengths. Just enjoy what you have.

I love my Satio, but its still going on ebay for a N8 come Q3.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Luhccas-U1a
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-18 02:12
I'm out of this B.S.
Hate all that "VS" topics...
is a lifestyle!
pao9195
K770 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-18 04:00
Satio vs New Nokia N8? Well offcourse although N8 is not yet release but in terms of capabilities and features, N8 is the winner
Devices: Sony Ericsson k770i and Samsung Wave S8500
jj03
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-05-18 04:55
satio v n8. n8 for me. although these 'vs' threads just decend into pointless arguments..
pao9195
K770 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-18 05:31
The battle between Nokia and must be separate into two: Java to Java and Symbian to Symbian

Java to java - is the clear winner as we all know
Symbian to Symbian - Nokia is the clear winner

Java has no OS that's why applications is very limited and also capabilities too. But a symbian phone is a smartphone meaning we can install a lot of applications to phone and we can explore all the capabities of a smartphone. Symbian OS is Nokia's specialty and most Nokia is a symbian phones therefore, nothing can beat Nokia
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-05-18 10:17
The Satio is a Symbian phone also..
pao9195
K770 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-19 04:37

On 2010-05-18 10:17:29, etaab wrote:
The Satio is a Symbian phone also..

I know Satio is a smartphone but if we can compare Satio to the high end smartphones of Nokia, Nokia still no.1 has no originality they copy the OS of Nokia to compete with theme
pipaw31
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-19 05:20
gandang tanghali! SATIO is the best phone for me and for you and the entire human raise
Eagles do not breed doves!
Its not how many years you live its about what have you done from the past years!
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-05-19 12:03
That would be because Nokia are pretty much the owners of Symbian. They've always been heavy investors in Symbian. Naturally Symbian is Nokia's trump card smartphone OS which they can stick in any phone they wish. Because of that, they have the most apps, most reliability and customisation towards their own phones.

Thats why SE or Samsung phones which use Symbian suffer software wise.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 78 91011  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic