Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Nokia > Nokia N8. Connect. Create. Entertain.

123 ... 171819  Next
Author Nokia N8. Connect. Create. Entertain.
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-04-27 16:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Espoo, Finland - The Nokia N8, Nokia's latest smartphone, intuitively connects to the people, places and services that matter most. With the Nokia N8, people can create compelling content, connect to their favorite social networks and enjoy on-demand Web TV programs and Ovi Store apps. Available in select markets during the third quarter of 2010, the estimated retail price of the Nokia N8 is EUR 370, before applicable taxes or subsidies.

The Nokia N8 introduces a 12 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics, Xenon flash and a large sensor that rivals those found in compact digital cameras. Additionally, the Nokia N8 offers the ability to make HD-quality videos and edit them with an intuitive built-in editing suite. Doubling as a portable entertainment center, people can enjoy HD-quality video with Dolby Digital Plus surround sound by plugging into their home theatre system. The Nokia N8 enables access to Web TV services that deliver programs, news and entertainment from channels like CNN, E! Entertainment, Paramount and National Geographic. Additional local Web TV content is also available from the Ovi Store.

Social networking is second nature to the Nokia N8. People can update their status, share location and photos, and view live feeds from Facebook and Twitter in a single app directly on the home screen. Calendar events from social networks can also be transferred to the device calendar.

The Nokia N8 comes with free global Ovi Maps walk and drive navigation, guiding people to places and points of interest in more than 70 countries worldwide.

Symbian^3 in action
Powering the Nokia N8 is Symbian ^3, the latest edition of the world's most used smartphone software, which introduces several major advances, including support for gestures such as multi touch, flick scrolling and pinch-zoom. The Nokia N8 also offers multiple, personalizable homescreens which can be loaded with apps and widgets. The new 2D and 3D graphics architecture in the platform takes full advantage of the Nokia N8's hardware acceleration to deliver a faster and more responsive user interface. Symbian^3 also raises the bar in performance by delivering greater memory management allowing more applications to run in parallel for a faster multi-tasking experience.

Getting Qt for Developers
The Nokia N8 is Nokia's first device to be integrated with Qt, a software development environment that simplifies the development and makes it possible to build applications once and deploy across Symbian and other software platforms. Nokia has also made the powerful and simple to use Nokia Qt SDK available, in its initial beta, to enable developers to start realizing the potential of Qt.

Press
[ This Message was edited by: tranced on 2010-04-27 18:33 ]
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2010-04-27 16:11
For once I think they are going the right way with the design.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-04-27 16:18

That's because they stole the design!!!

I bet if they designed by themselves it would be same old boring Nokia.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2010-04-27 16:25
It does have a whiff of Aino about it - although the black version positively reeks of Aino.
gola
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2010-04-27 16:29
I feel so sorry for all the Satio owners, ye, me too
"Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do!"
Proverbs 4: 7
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2010-04-27 16:32
Satio will probably be replaced by the time this comes out anyway.
gola
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2010-04-27 16:48
Knowing SE, I won't get my hopes up in thinking that the Satio successor will top the N8. The chances are very slim, d*mn this is an awesome phone!
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-04-27 16:55
Eh? Satio2 is supposed to have optical zoom.After the X10, my faith towards SE has doubly increased. The N8 brings nothing new to the market btw.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-04-27 16:57
Who cares if it looks slightly similar to another phone. Its what is inside that counts i like this and it has a proper HDMI socket. Something Sony Ericsson forgot on the Vivaz. This ticks all the right boxes. Anyway alot of manufacturers copy each other in one way or another its only the two curved ends that remind you of the Aino. Nothing else.
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-04-27 17:46
LMFAO! Brings nothing new to the market what other mainstream smartphone has a HDMI port with Dolby Digital sound or Symbian^3???
I bet the Satio2 wont have anything new like Gola said.
The design reminds me of the NOKIA E51, a device that came BEFORE the Aino. It looks like a E51 shell with the keyboard removed and a bigger screen put in place. NOKIAs latest designs are all based on other models, N97/Mini took the N86 design, the C6 and quite a few others took the 5800 design,etc...
Anyway,im excited about this one. NOKIA did it properly by making a device that records HD be able to display HD via the HDMI port when using TV-Out,unlike some OTHER manufacturers *cough* SE *cough* Samsung,
Also excited about S^3, and what apps and games it will get since it has Qt it means Maemo/MeeGo apps can be ported to Symbian,and i can just see many N900 apps and games being ported over for N8
Niiiccce.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
gola
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2010-04-27 17:59
se_dude
I pulled a "it brings nothing new" at the Zylo and Spiro thread the other day and well they brought nothing new. I'm afraid that same statement does not go well with the N8, the freaken thing has the largest sensor in the history of camera phones!

Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-04-27 18:06
@Bonovox

Calm down now, you don't need to get worked up over a light moment between me and goldenface over design!!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with noticing such things. I mean, the Vivaz shares similar design cues with the Omnia HD and you don't hear anyone cry foul. It was just having fun.

@Tsepz_GP
At some point a particular manufacturer will come up with something that others don't have and it's good for competition. HTC have 4G and Wimax in their Evo which others will follow. I think the old SE has died and I do believe 'Satio 2' will not just be another one of those but will compete. Let's just wait and see.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-04-27 18:12
Dont be silly i was not stressed about what you said i just stated who cares if it looks similar. Thats all not getting stressed over that.
Phone?? What phone??
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-04-27 18:19
Whatever you say...
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-04-27 18:26
Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ-5WAcj6o0
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
123 ... 171819  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic