Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Petition for Sony Ericsson Satio update plz sign

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author Petition for Sony Ericsson Satio update plz sign
zide
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-05-18 20:44
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Sales are the only concern in Sony Ericsson. And we are the dumbs that keep purchasing phones from them.

Also, and don't know what are we waiting for with this petition... The number will still be increasing if SE knows about it...
[ This Message was edited by: zide on 2010-05-18 19:45 ]
See my photos taken with the C902, Satio or E72 in here!
cableguy
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2010-05-18 21:14
As R2CA024 is out for the Vivaz, will it come to the Satio as well?
aabg
K750
PM
Posted: 2010-05-18 23:08
I also think the petition should be send now, there are more than 1000 signatures, is not even the 1% of the global population, so what is the point of waiting for other people to sign? at most 5 people sign that petition, this will take forever
w810 R4DB005
cid50
jj03
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-05-19 00:35
forget symbian ^3 on satio. it WON'T happen.
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-05-19 01:12
this has nothing to do with the global population, but satio users. And i was interested in how much satios did they sell.. if they sold 100.000 than we are 1%.
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
basithz
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-19 18:21
UPDATE

there are now 1106 people that have signed up also i have edited the petition so its more realistic this will be sent off to SE after the next firmware has been released as they are probably adding a few things or fixing bugs

here is the updated list

A petition for Sony Ericsson to give us the features we want on our Satio.

Here is a list of what we Satio users want:

* Upgrade to symbian^3 (the x10 is getting android 2.1, also the Satio doesn't utilize symbian^1 properly; also this could help you compete against the nokia n8 which has a 12mp camera)

** HD recording (the x10 is getting HD recording why not the Satio it has the required cpu to handle HD recording, this would also help you compete agianst the nokia n8)

1) Kinetic scrolling throughout the whole UI

2) Give Vivaz home screen

3) Media search function in media player

4) Make phone louder ( loudspeaker when receiving call, when playing music out loud)

5) Auto continuous focusing whilst recording

6) Better picture quality e.g. sharpness, less compression and faster camera menu

7) Auto change to full qwerty mode if you make you phone landscape from alphanumeric mode

Integrated EQ in media player (allowing you to manually set your EQ: up all SE's had this)

9) Fix the screen lag that some people have (screen tearing), this is due to the software

10) Fix clock problem (clock losing time)

11) Proper zoom in media (When you zoom the photo enlarges but does not fill the whole screen! why?)

12) Upgrade the web browser to V7

13) Add smart search to dialler (previous SE phones had it)

14) Improve microphone quality (video/sound recording is very quiet)

15) Ability to play HD films on phone; also divx/xvid support

16) RDS in radio.

17) Change volume level and tracks whilst the phone is locked.
[ This Message was edited by: basithz on 2010-05-19 17:27 ]
boy.in.PINK
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-19 18:57
i did sign the petition since i am planning to get one but what i think, the wants is just crazy. Why should I say that?

1) having Vivaz homescreen to Satio will instantly kill Vivaz sales.
2) Symbian OS isn't upgradable. Did you guys see a single Nokia phone that the OS is upgraded from 9.3 to 9.5 (Symbian^1)? And I bet that ^1 Nokia phones won't have an upgrade to ^3. Nokia updates just the FW, not the OS.

Regarding to the competition with N8, just let develop Satio's successor.

I want to add this up to the wishlist: "increase in the camera's shutter speed when xenon flash is used". Why so? It will dramatically increase the xenon's strength on the image.

Hope you guys got my point of view.

[ This Message was edited by: boy.in.PINK on 2010-05-19 18:24 ]
basithz
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-19 21:55

On 2010-05-19 18:57:00, boy.in.PINK wrote:
i did sign the petition since i am planning to get one but what i think, the wants is just crazy. Why should I say that?

2) Symbian OS isn't upgradable. Did you guys see a single Nokia phone that the OS is upgraded from 9.3 to 9.5 (Symbian^1)? And I bet that ^1 Nokia phones won't have an upgrade to ^3. Nokia updates just the FW, not the OS.

I want to add this up to the wishlist: "increase in the camera's shutter speed when xenon flash is used". Why so? It will dramatically increase the xenon's strength on the image.

Hope you guys got my point of view.

"close your eyes and lean on me, when you feel afraid, when you lose your way.. my love, i'll be there just for you.." - jHoNcEL.04

K700i => G502 (R1FA037)[ This Message was edited by: boy.in.PINK on 2010-05-19 18:24 ]

1) it wont wont kill Vivaz sales as the Vivaz's factor is the video recording capabilities and its small size.

2) thats because symbian os 9.3 doesn't have a touch screen display so it cant be upgraded to sybian os 9.5 which uses touch screen also none of the nokia's are capable of upgrading OS as they dont have the correct specs where as the satio does.
zide
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-05-20 04:06
Sending them just after the next firmware release? That makes no sense! This is the perfect time because this way they might still have time to insert some of these changes in the incoming firmware. Otherwise we'll have to wait more 5 or 6 months to see the petition results...
jackau
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-20 06:21

I don't think giving Satio the power it should command would affect Vivaz at all, they are two different handsets targeting different market segnements, Satio is susposed to be the symbian powered OS camera phone flagship and SHOULD command the same position as N8 to have for Nokia. When do any other brand see a cheaper media phone got better software than a more expensive and hardware capable flagship at the same generation (means released within the 9 month product cycle period with no flagship replacement announced)?

Facts are facts, Satio can DO EVERYTHING Vivaz can and more. Owners of Satio deserve these benefits

All phones can be upgraded in OS, and not only Upgrade, but install new ones: we saw N82 running Linux, Windows 98, and ipone running Android...
remember this: First Satio was demonstrated on ^2!!!!
Just whether the company got the guts to do it.

and YES, Satio's flash timing is all wrong, the K800i and N82 does it way way better. So.. again: K800i can do it, Satio SHOULD!! You done it before...no excuse that you can't do it better again.

Then, rumor is spilling about Samsung is ready to announce the Symbian ^3 powered 8920 HD with 12 mpx camera and xenon on a Super AMOLED 4 inch screen!! The koreans has a bad record of over doing models, so I hope this is not real....
[ This Message was edited by: jackau on 2010-05-20 05:29 ]
zide
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-05-24 04:52
What tha f**k are we waiting for?
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-05-24 21:32
a topic was opened on se developer world, but you can copy paste the link to the petition in an email, and write your own comment (personal opinion about the satio) and send it to SE (get email adress from theyr site).
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
Monaco
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-31 21:12
Does anybody else get the message "not allowed" when trying to make calls or use certain functions? It seems I get that a lot.
larry 68
Satio Red
PM
Posted: 2010-05-31 21:14
I get that message too occasionally when trying to call or even answer a call from somone
redstorml
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2010-05-31 23:27
it will be good if here is a video editor too.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic