Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Petition for Sony Ericsson Satio update plz sign

Author Petition for Sony Ericsson Satio update plz sign
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-05-12 23:48
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
cant log in to that idiot developer world... "serious error in the system"... WTF!!!
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
Monaco
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-12 23:49
I still feel no matter what they do to the phone's software it can never be great because of the horrible support in apps. Almost every app out there is a Nokia hand-me-down with dumbed down quality and resolution. Just a bunch of fail. As I mentioned in the other thread, I am so tempted to sell my SE and cross the river with the Apple iclone 4g
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-05-13 01:17
horrible support.. FFS i have 4 games in total that are ok, and 1 of them was preinstalled... WTF! without hacking you cant install anything, even with signing... This phone is the worst piece of crap i have ever bought. no games and no apps.. And i cant even hack the phone because its latest software. camera sucks, apps and games suck, java sucks, i cant even find 1 + in this phone.. I need to press 5 buttons to make a call.. or more.
gharknes1
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-13 01:23
sounds like a nokia you have, definetly not a satio, i find it perfect apart from a few minor glitches, I use my XPS 1730 for games.
DrewVL
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-05-13 11:11
Wow what did SE just do to this man! poor guy indeed cookies? yah?
exaflare23
Nokia Lumia 510
PM
Posted: 2010-05-13 11:21
the lesson here is

if SE like to copy nokia's s60v5 OS, just make sure they copied it correctly so that users wont experience some or many problems haha! Now the users want to upgrade satio to symbian ^3 well a very good luck to SE

SE have their symbian OS the UIQ then why don't they use it.
[ This Message was edited by: exaflare23 on 2010-05-13 10:37 ]
"You don't need a reason to help people"
-Nokia N82 5.0MP Carl Zeiss Optics
-My|Phone A878 Duo
My C901 Shots flickr
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-05-13 17:18
the reason we want ^3 is because its open source, we dont need to hack the phone. Lol my Satio is like a nokia ) it's 95% nokia and only 5% SE.. How can you find this phone ok when you cant install anything on it, and the pictures are bad, and not to mention phone is sloooooow yet it has a 600mhz CPU ( @400mhz). I wanted to hack it, but noone answered my question about hacking.. so i dropped it. If it wouldnt been locked (aka. you could install anything you want on it) it would be more ok, our pains would be less bitter.. At least i would stack up with apps and games from OVI, but even after i sign them i get "cant install an untrusted app from an untrusted provider" (or something like that)... Nothing that is free is useful, and what is ok i cant install :/ And java is so week on this phone so slow.. Again, nothing that was promissed was delivered. Name 1 thing that was delivered.. From the "first symbian Open Source OS" to cybershot + walkman = entertainment unlimited all is failure.. S60V5 was only a "demo" os on this phone.. The most important to me is let us install apps and games WO the certificate and untrusted provider message. And OFC make camera FAST (and i expect better pictures from a flagship phone) and media more usefull. Thats enough for me.
I am waiting for you guys who are satisfied with this phone to tell me what was delivered that was promissed.. Do you use the phone at all for anything else than making calls? Because if you do, i cant see how you are satisfied... :/
Cheers

EDIT: UIQ is dead. Since 1 year now. Thats why they arent using it.
[ This Message was edited by: norbi_nw on 2010-05-13 16:22 ]
Monaco
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-13 17:35
dude you have to hack your phone, if you're on 037...there is the kokoro patch that makes it faster than 006 fw gives you. If you're on 006 and want to downgrade I can help you, just PM me. I successfully did it a couple weeks ago but I failed to upgrade to 006 with hack installed.

All I know is the next firmware better return hacking abilities to us. Even the Apps we can download from Playnow are total pieces of crap. Can you believe they offer Fring to us on playnow but it is for nokia support so it does not support Satio video call through skype? What kind of shitty support is that from ??

On 2010-05-13 17:18:22, norbi_nw wrote:
the reason we want ^3 is because its open source, we dont need to hack the phone. Lol my Satio is like a nokia ) it's 95% nokia and only 5% SE.. How can you find this phone ok when you cant install anything on it, and the pictures are bad, and not to mention phone is sloooooow yet it has a 600mhz CPU ( @400mhz). I wanted to hack it, but noone answered my question about hacking.. so i dropped it. If it wouldnt been locked (aka. you could install anything you want on it) it would be more ok, our pains would be less bitter.. At least i would stack up with apps and games from OVI, but even after i sign them i get "cant install an untrusted app from an untrusted provider" (or something like that)... Nothing that is free is useful, and what is ok i cant install :/ And java is so week on this phone so slow.. Again, nothing that was promissed was delivered. Name 1 thing that was delivered.. From the "first symbian Open Source OS" to cybershot + walkman = entertainment unlimited all is failure.. S60V5 was only a "demo" os on this phone.. The most important to me is let us install apps and games WO the certificate and untrusted provider message. And OFC make camera FAST (and i expect better pictures from a flagship phone) and media more usefull. Thats enough for me.
I am waiting for you guys who are satisfied with this phone to tell me what was delivered that was promissed.. Do you use the phone at all for anything else than making calls? Because if you do, i cant see how you are satisfied... :/
Cheers

EDIT: UIQ is dead. Since 1 year now. Thats why they arent using it.
[ This Message was edited by: norbi_nw on 2010-05-13 16:22 ]

exaflare23
Nokia Lumia 510
PM
Posted: 2010-05-14 06:42
Let SE fix Satio 1st before upgrade to symbian ^3 because if SE cant fix the bugs it means they are not good at making symbian so if satio have the symbian ^3 im sure its another bad quality phone, do you guys want that?
"You don't need a reason to help people"
-Nokia N82 5.0MP Carl Zeiss Optics
-My|Phone A878 Duo
My C901 Shots flickr
zide
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-05-14 16:35
Let's stop wasting time and send the petition to SE. Having 1043 or 1234 will cause the same impression on them.
See my photos taken with the C902, Satio or E72 in here!
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-05-16 23:18
any more updates?
Monaco
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-17 07:21
I'm just going to throw this thought out there but just like how people can run mac osx on their windows pc or vice versa, can SE write software that allows us to run the x10's android software on our phones? If so, that would be very nice...
pao9195
K770 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-17 08:12
Poor work done by Team with Satio
Devices: Sony Ericsson k770i and Samsung Wave S8500
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-05-17 17:25
Androind needs a better CPU, and its not optimied yet. Not to mention few apps are available for it. So stick to symbian, but fix the bugs and make phone better. I just messed around with a N97, and the kinetic scrolling through the whole UI is WAY better. + We really need an easyer way to modify pictures, ringtone, alarm signal and other sounds... Showing me the whole mp3 on my phone doesnt do any good, makes me angry because i need to seach through 1500files in a tiny screen.. And we cant select it directly like on other SE phones, just play the melody and "set as -> alarm signal". Hope for a fix. And hope for way better pictures. (ffs we have 8GB space, and a 16GB card is cheap, so let US worry about space and YOU (SE) about quality. I prefere image quality rather than space saving)
Monaco
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-18 19:58
What puzzles me is that how is HTC so competent in keeping windows OS on all of their phones? while SE dips their fingers in every other OS out there for their phones? What a complete failure. SE, wake up.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic