Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Open request to SE regarding the Xperia X2

12  Next
Author Open request to SE regarding the Xperia X2
prodjsxb
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-07 11:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I gave SE one last chance after upgrading to an X2 from my problematic X1.
Why SE released the X2 when the software is not refined is beyond me, but it is very disappointing in deed.

I patiently waited for the MR1 update that is supposed to address a lot of the problems the X2 had and I have updated my X2 to the latest software available as of this message. I have one annoying problem though...

The ringtone keeps resetting to the default Windows one. I have changed it countless times but it always reverts back to the default one. Is there anything that can be done to fix this???

Furthermore why is the G Sensor only compatible with SE branded games??? Your competition running WinMo has that feature enabled allowing a lot of software to utilize this feature. Very poor decision from whomever was in charge if that.

Perhaps the website for the X2 that states "Motion Gaming" as a feature should also state "...only with SE software".

I hope you have some answers or some patches available soon, waiting for 6.5.3 is a long way off!

I had to pick only what my carrier had available as an upgrade for my X1 that broke for the 4th time. I wanted a slide-out keyboard and the only device with one was the X2. I am already starting to regret my decision.

Anybody else, if you have the same problem please chime in.

Check post 11 for update!

Check post 14 for update!
[ This Message was edited by: prodjsxb on 2010-04-12 13:54 ]
prodjsxb
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-07 11:59
I asked SE the same thing and this is what they said...

Thank you for contacting the Sony Ericsson support centre.

We are sorry to hear the issues you seem to experiencing with your Sony Ericsson X2.

Unfortunately the handset has not been released in the UK thefore we are unable to assist your with your query in regards to the X2.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Kind Regards,

Sony Ericsson UK Customer Services

I thought the handset was released in the UK in January?
[ This Message was edited by: prodjsxb on 2010-04-10 16:44 ]
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-04-07 13:29
Nope, it was never released in the UK, at least officially that is.

Vodafone dropped it at the last minutes because of 'software issues' they claimed.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
rene
X2 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-07 16:03
Hi,

I have the same f*cking problem with the ringtone being resetted to the default tone. One time when this happened, i noticed that the phone had lost the connection to the inserted SD-card. I could not browse it, and because of this the phone had re-created the /StorageCard directory.. After a reboot the storagecard was mounted as StorageCard1.. Because of this, i just found a handful of default ringtones.. So it looks to me that this messed up the ability to find the required ringsignal..

The X2 is still a really big dissapointment!! today i had already to remove the battery a couple of times, when the phone just got stuck.

It's f*cking annoying when i get e-mails from my customers telling me that they could not reach me! The f*cking phone is on my desk next to me, and simply dies away!!!!

Why can't someone with some knowledge create a Androind-ROM for this phone!!?? I hate this f*ckung windows mobile, cause it's the most buggy and crappy phone-OS i ever have had on my phone!!!

Tomorrow i'll call the local service-centre and bring it there for repairing!!

&%#%¤#%"#!

The Xperia X2 Dissapointed Users Group DUG: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110270035673269
Facts about the Sony Ericsson X2 http://sonyericssonxperiax2failure.blog
prodjsxb
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-07 17:34
Well despite of it being "officially" released in the UK or not, it is on their website and it is part of their line up and it is being sold in the UK. They SHOULD do what it takes to support it. This pass the buck attitude is becoming all too common and it is going to be SE's downfall.
[ This Message was edited by: prodjsxb on 2010-04-07 16:36 ]
mathios
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2010-04-07 17:35
I have solved the 'ringtone' bug by copying my ringtones in the phones directory and then choosing all the settings from the sounds and alerts app. this is all that you must do, copy all your favorite tones to the folder rings it's located in the windows folder then soft reset your device go to settings/personal/sounds and alerts choose your ringtone for all notifications and the phone remembers everything! but my problem is that the phone hangs,stalls very often among apps I'm also very dissapointed with sonyericsson, I don't blame Microsoft with win 6.5, because I have a HTC HD2 that runs win 6.5 and i have no problem with the device i'ts sonyericsson's problem that they can't port win 6.5 to the x2. [addsig]
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-04-07 17:44
@prodjsxb

Well, I was simply answering you on the release schedule and not condoning SE's disgraceful response to you. That the phone has been released is enough for them to fully support it irrespective of whether the UK received stock or not, period.

@mathios

The X2 is getting windows 6.5 in May, confirmed by SE themselves.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-07 18:02
Well,

it's known since forever that if you want to set a ringtone
you have to put it safely in Root/device memory,
not any memory card...
a w a r e
prodjsxb
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-07 19:57

On 2010-04-07 17:44:40, Dups! wrote:
@prodjsxb

Well, I was simply answering you on the release schedule and not condoning SE's disgraceful response to you. That the phone has been released is enough for them to fully support it irrespective of whether the UK received stock or not, period.

No worries, I know what you meant

On 2010-04-07 18:02:30, doministry wrote:
Well,

it's known since forever that if you want to set a ringtone
you have to put it safely in Root/device memory,
not any memory card...

Mine is also doing this with the ringtones that are on the device memory not the memory card. That's the even more annoying part!

I am going to re-install the newest firmware via SEUS and hope for the best.
[ This Message was edited by: prodjsxb on 2010-04-07 19:03 ]
Mr486
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2010-04-07 22:33
To copy the ringtone into the phone memory is what the manual recommends too...
prodjsxb
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-10 17:43
Ok, time to update this thread.

After the SEUS re-install the phone does not lose ringtone settings in device memory, but....

(1) Does not run SPB 3.5 anymore, it worked before... what gives???
(2) Phone randomly stalls and goes completely dead needing battery removal and restart.
Completely F'n unreliable in this state! I am not the only one suffering from this.
(3) When using BT headsets, both my Stereo BT headsets from SE (HBH-DS205 and DS970) work fine in music playback mode or if I dial out myself, however... if I get an incoming call they do NOTHING! I have to pick up and answer my phone myself, I can't use the headset. My Samsung WEP350 does however work when the phone rings. WTH is that???
(4) For reasons unknown the entire Programs folder in the memory card went kaput! I had to delete this unknown file make a new folder and re install all my software.
(5) Xtrakt refuses to install on the memory card, even when I choose that option, after the install it is still installed in local device memory and not the memory card. How in the hell do you explain that? Yes I tried removing and re installing it, it does the same thing every time!

->
[ This Message was edited by: prodjsxb on 2010-04-10 17:07 ]
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-10 18:09
@prodjsxb

They did a terrible mistake by this disastrous X2 upgrade.
I have the same problems as you!!!

There's no way I leave it this way.

I'm thinking of the way of spreading the info anywhere possible
on internet websites.
They're f**ked. One mistake too many.

I'm angry because two reasons:

1. They're extremely rude, escpecially if this is the MOST expensive SE device on market.

2. They never learn from their mistakes

3. Wasted a great hardware.
a w a r e
prodjsxb
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-10 21:00
@doministry

No kidding, maybe they should just release the Hard-SPL for this device so the Modders out there can fix the OS for them. Obviously the developers at SE can't! They seem to be far too busy now with the Android phones.

F%# I should have waited and got the X10 instead!
[ This Message was edited by: prodjsxb on 2010-04-12 13:56 ]
prodjsxb
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-12 14:48
Get this!

I called SE support here in Sweden and the person I talked to claims "they haven't heard of any problems with the software after the update".

I called the service centre they recommended to send my phone in and the person I talked to there knows exactly what I am talking about!

Seriously SE! WTF?

BTW. I stopped using the auto lock feature and my phone did not stall all day today (so far), however I forgot to mention that the memory card went corrupt again, this time the entire card. I just stuck it directly in the USB-sdcard adaptor and let windows check for errors. It fixed the file system and everything was back to normal. At least I did not have to install anything again. Xtrakt still refuses to properly install on external memory, it always installs in the device memory.
[ This Message was edited by: prodjsxb on 2010-04-12 14:06 ]
rene
X2 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-13 14:00
I created a Facebook-group for those who are unhappy with their X2 and it's quality & performance. Please join: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110270035673269

The Xperia X2 Dissapointed Users Group DUG: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110270035673269
Facts about the Sony Ericsson X2 http://sonyericssonxperiax2failure.blog
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi