Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Post pictures taken with your Sony Ericsson Elm/Hazel

Previous  123 ... 555657 ... 636465  Next
Author Post pictures taken with your Sony Ericsson Elm/Hazel
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-01-09 19:31
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

Original
Phone?? What phone??
FreshKaT
Elm Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-09 20:27
Metering Mode - Spot with the sun in the middle of the image?

Is this some edited camdriver?
And what's that red spot?
[ This Message was edited by: FreshKaT on 2011-01-09 19:28 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-01-09 22:39
No it was on auto mode with no modding at all. The red spot is just a little lens or sun flare
Phone?? What phone??
urednik
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-01-10 00:14
Can someone help me what is wrong with my phone (link to my report with a color balance comparisson), or photo skills with my ELM? I do not seem to get the right setting for any light condition at all - see photos

with flash:

It was not a grey day - actually the sun was shining:

without flash - notice how much more disturbing are my lines

As I can see there is something seriously wrong with my ELM - what do you think?
P. S. my lens is clean + settings are normally on automatic, anyway also other settings do not give a good result.
[ This Message was edited by: urednik on 2011-01-09 23:19 ]
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2011-01-10 00:24
There is nothing wrong with your Elm... this is a problem with every Elm, it takes very poor photos in low light/indoors with those horrible lines everywhere.
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
urednik
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-01-10 00:27
That is not true - see the color balance in the link, see the outdoor photo. It is not only low light. Though as you can see no one posted any photos with such disturbing lines yet!!!

Please take a good look before you post.
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2011-01-10 01:24
I did read it, its a problem that's been mentioned many times before and if you had read early pages of this thead you would have realised that. I have an elm myself, people knew about this problem since this thread started a long time ago, its a bad feature of the Elms camera that you can't change. The pictures shown are conditions where those lines are likely to be seen.
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
insiderako
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-01-10 09:17
Here are some of my photos taken by SE Elm..

Original

Original

Original

Original

Original

Original

Original

Original
urednik
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-01-10 09:38

On 2011-01-10 01:24:32, mriley wrote:
I did read it, its a problem that's been mentioned many times before and if you had read early pages of this thead you would have realised that. The pictures shown are conditions where those lines are likely to be seen.

1. I have of course studied the thread and if you take a good look you can hardly see those lines in most of the photos, but on mine you can hardly SEE THE PHOTO BEHIND THE LINES.

2. You still did not comment my outdoor sunny day photo that looks grey. Comparing to all the photos posted here there is clearly a big problem with my color balance (see also this link for comparing the color balance between ELM and my similar SE phone: Link).

If you still say this is normal than either it is me that I am blind or something else ...
Let us say I want to make at least one photo that looks like one of @insiderako's. How the hell can I do that with my color balance problem??? The photo fix feature makes it even worse (be it daylight or bulp light).

And FYI - I am a SLR photographer, knowing of some advanced photo techniques :S
Thanks for your closer look again!
[ This Message was edited by: urednik on 2011-01-10 08:39 ]
zAlbee
Hazel
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-01-10 11:35
The indoor lighting photos are as expected for the Elm... I think your indoor lighting is much lower than you expected, causing a high exposure time. I can see motion blur (the kid) as well as the light bleeding from the TV. You can't expect this cell phone camera to be as good as your SLR . It's also possible your lens is dirty/dusty from the first blurry photo.

Your only daylight photo is too small to see...

Finally, notice that most of the really good photos in this thread are from very up-close, macro shots or of sharp objects. Anytime you see a long distance shot with grass or leaves in it, it looks bad because of the over-sharpening. Still, insiderako's landscape is quite impressive! I haven't been able to do that with my Hazel yet.
Nokia 3360 (2002) - Moto V551 (2005) - w580i white (2007) - w760i red (2009) - Hazel J20i black (2010)
urednik
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-01-10 11:53
@zAlbee

I am reffering to the colour balance problem with the outdoor photo (again it is a photo of a sunny landscape which looks like a rainy, dark photo). And it is as big as it gets with a 3.2MP setting.
You made a good observation that in macro mode photos are much better - this is also a case with me. However if you compare my photo with the photo of my older w890i you can see a serious mistake there with colour balance which is not present in photos other ELM users post here (my opinion if I am not blind)
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-01-10 13:56
I have said this before to get rid of the lines in low light reduce the exposure by about 2. This makes the lines vanish and the overall night shot not really much darker. They are noise or colour lines for some reason Sony Ericsson has not dealt with this in an update. Maybe they cannot I do not know. I have not noticed these lines in Hazel.
Phone?? What phone??
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2011-01-10 14:59
I agree with bono, and it seems on the lowlight indoor shots you did, you increased the ev, this makes the lines appear very visible and irritating. But other than that, the color balance on your indoor shots looks ok.

About the daylight pic the pic is very small and a panorama, can you please post a regular all auto shot on a sunny day? From what I can see on that daylight panorama shot the color balance is indeed off and it seems that ev has also been increased (looks like brightness has been increased causing the color to get a bit dull and it lacks contrast). If most of your daylight pics are like that then there is something definitely wrong with your Elm.
[ This Message was edited by: reeflotz on 2011-01-10 14:07 ]
Hazel J20i [Bricked], Sony Xperia Go
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
urednik
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-01-10 21:43
EV was all the time on zero. Thanks for advice to lower it but anyway photos get to dark then. It was a quite strong bulp light so I get better results with my other phone.

Colour balance is indeed off - also indoor. Red colour becomes light brown etc.
I will give the phone on service once again. I am posting two more indoor comparable photos below (outdoor I can make again when we get some sun here again

ELM:

890i
FreshKaT
Elm Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-11 17:56
This phone seriously needs a modded camdriver
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 555657 ... 636465  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic